• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
1024x575.resizedimage

heavy metal yo

Sajjaja

Does anyone have an extra Battlefield 3 key by chance from the Humble Bundle? My friend just got a gaming PC and I wanted to get him something he's been wanting to play. Would be greatly appreciated.

FauX

Never go on the Steam forums. I am forever scarred.

I've will never believed that are very ignorant users on steam forums, maybe they are the ultimate troll force. I dunno. Don't get carried away with those things or you will probably die for deppression.

BTW, Mighty no. 9 is confirmed to be on steam, right?

Vindicis

Banned
Mock if this is old news but I just got my Paranormal steam key from Desura. The game is still locked of course but the keys are up on the desura key page.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I just had to buy a car, which means no more extra cash to throw at Steam. At least I already grabbed Outlast.

I'm scared to be on the internet. It'll be hard to pass up some of the crazier deals.

ArjanN

The steam forums are still useful for technical issues. The King of Fighters XIII forum is pretty useful right now.

But other than that it basically just gamefaqs. Tons of people + very little moderation = shit forum.

I wish I'd bought Outlast now, instead of Amnesia.

I have a feeling that it won't be as good as the original.

Eh, Amnesia AMFP looks great too.

Blizzard

Banned
I was the person who pretty much never had Steam offline mode problems, but then I had that time when the internet came on too late and it didn't work, and I posted like 20 experiments I tried and failed.

Most recently, the same thing has happened again with the internet coming on too late after I turned on my computer, but recently the offline mode and/or prompt seem to always work. This may just be totally random, but maybe it's a good sign.

Baha

Mock if this is old news but I just got my Paranormal steam key from Desura. The game is still locked of course but the keys are up on the desura key page.

I have been able to activate my paranormal desura key and it is listed under my games owned in the client but it doesn't show up under the desura.com/collection page so I can't get my steam key. Any ideas?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I have been able to activate my paranormal desura key and it is listed under my games owned in the client but it doesn't show up under the desura.com/collection page so I can't get my steam key. Any ideas?

Same, I own Paranormal from like 3 different bundles but no key on Desura. It'll probably show up later.

Vindicis

Banned
Same, I own Paranormal from like 3 different bundles but no key on Desura. It'll probably show up later.

Don't use the client. Did you guys try this link: http://www.desura.com/collection (hit the highlighted keys section)?
ypA3wMH.png

Wow this is a thing? I never knew.

I was able to grab my key ok.

Man, I clicked on that Desura collection link out of curiosity and I didn't even realize I had Paranormal Activity. Hell, I don't remember buying like 99% of the stuff attached to my account...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I have no idea where I got Paranormal from, but found the key on the Desura page. :)

Never even noticed Desura gave you an option to download the straight exe file. That's nice.

Jawmuncher

So what's the deal with using Steam offline? Is it only for so long that you can or do you just need your account details saved on that computer? Asking for when I travel with my laptop. Since I have a good bit of indie games I'd like to play.

Also is it the same issue with Desura or is it no problem for offline mode?

Sajjaja

So what's the deal with using Steam offline? Is it only for so long that you can or do you just need your account details saved on that computer? Asking for when I travel with my laptop. Since I have a good bit of indie games I'd like to play.

Also is it the same issue with Desura or is it no problem for offline mode?

I think it lasts 30 days before it needs to be logged on again.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
There will be interruptions in ModBot's service tomorrow morning--I am moving him off my desktop and onto a server located elsewhere. I don't anticipate it to be more than a few minutes, hopefully.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
i had to stop playing outlast after
the hanging man scare

it's too late and there's someone sleeping behind me for this SHIT

I'm really worried about playing this game. I love horror games, but now that I'm playing them on my PC it's way more tense. Sitting at a desk with headphones is way different than in a large living room where I can see my surroundings better. And like you, I'll have someone sleeping behind me while I play. I almost pissed myself when she hugged me from behind while I was playing Skullgirls one night. If she makes a sound while I play Outlast, I might lose it.

It's such a great time to be a fan of horror.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
There will be interruptions in ModBot's service tomorrow morning--I am moving him off my desktop and onto a server located elsewhere Skynet. I don't anticipate it to be more than a few minutes, hopefully.
EXPOSED

Grief.exe

I'm really worried about playing this game. I love horror games, but now that I'm playing them on my PC it's way more tense. Sitting at a desk with headphones is way different than in a large living room where I can see my surroundings better. And like you, I'll have someone sleeping behind me while I play. I almost pissed myself when she hugged me from behind while I was playing Skullgirls one night. If she makes a sound while I play Outlast, I might lose it.

It's such a great time to be a fan of horror.

I agree completely.

I can't handle horror games anymore. Playing at a monitor right next to your face with headphones capable of very accurate sound positioning makes for a much scarier experience.

Cth

There will be interruptions in ModBot's service tomorrow morning--I am moving him off my desktop and onto a server located elsewhere. I don't anticipate it to be more than a few minutes, hopefully.
Thanks as always for the continued maintenance/improvements/service!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I agree completely.

I can't handle horror games anymore. Playing at a monitor right next to your face with headphones capable of very accurate sound positioning makes for a much scarier experience.

Yeah, I was surprised by how intense the experience is. I had played plenty of horror games on consoles with a comfy couch and large room. Stuff like Silent Hill 2 and 3 creeped me out and stuck with me, but I never felt legitimate fear. I played Slender: The Arrival shortly after building my PC, and it scared the hell out of me. I've always found the slenderman stuff really silly, too. It's just different when you're immersed in the game after removing the comforting distractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom