• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

NOTE FOR COGNITION: The game was added to Steam Greenlight. Last I checked all desura keys will get a steam key.

Really hope that flying bundle comes out soon. That'll be a great one to giveaway.

Thanks for Super Sanctum TD :), I don't know what happend but after hating tower defense game I became a fan over the last months.

Copons

Italy is the Zth world for game development :/

And that's quite an euphemism too. :(

But slowly things seems to be changing, with several solid indie studios (like Santa Ragione, or the guys who made Anna) and I know there is a new London/Milan/Rome based dev hiring right now, but I don't have other details.

Fact is, here, in addition to being extremely expensive and fucked up to open a company (and I know first hand, goddammit), is just too hard to get public fundings and privates don't give a fuck about videogames, so our talents usually work with devs from other European countries and our dev scene is left rotting under our good weather.

Jawmuncher

Thanks for Super Sanctum TD :), I don't know what happend but after hating tower defense game I became a fan over the last months.

No Problem

What all is supposed to be in this bundle?

The whole list isn't out yet but it was confirmed that ittle dew will be in it.
Also the beat the average is supposed to be 3.50 as well. They've been mentioning it'll be a good first showing.

NOTE FOR COGNITION: The game was added to Steam Greenlight. Last I checked all desura keys will get a steam key.

I'm pretty sure there's a complication there, as Valve's not going to give them separate keys for each episode. Last I heard, you'll get a discount for how much of the game you own (so 25% if you own 1 episode, 50% if you own 2 and so on).

Tenrius

Sell some of those review keys you always get for TF2 keys and then trade those for the games. Easy.

But how is he going to do reviews then?

By the way, what do you need in order to get review keys? I mean, surely just starting a gaming blog of your own would not be enough?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How big is the Castle of Illusion download? It's not showing up in my Steam Community games list.

maty

Thank you Tizoc for Divekick, 1 games less on my wishlist, 69 more to go :p

Hope you are enjoying The Night of the Rabbit ;)

Tizoc

Thank you Tizoc for Divekick, 1 games less on my wishlist, 69 more to go :p

Hope you are enjoying The Night of the Rabbit ;)

spiderman-and-wolverine-bro-fist-NJ3vhi.jpg

Freezard

Is MoW: Vietnam worth it if you have the other games? Do they have co-op like the first game? I was so frustrated about the difficulty of Red Tide :(

Tenrius

Apparently its the exact opposite.

Just start a blog.

Well, I actually wonder about the technicalities: who do you talk to once you have such a blog, does it need to have a minimal readership of some sort, that sort of thing. Might as well go for it myself — I have decent writing skills in Russian, even got published in a newspaper this year, and writing reviews sounds like a decent hobby, especially if there are some free games in it. How do you promote it and whether someone's going to read it is an entirely different question, of course.

Dolor

I've been playing Rome 2, and I think it is quite good. It's not as tight as Shogun 2 as far as I can tell, but for that, you get a lot more variability in how you can build your strategy and win. Only a few hours in, but it has all the typical hooks of a Total War game. I guess for some people it has been unstable, but not for me. The provincial bonuses make the strategic map a lot more interesting.

I love how as the cities grow and change, their battlefields change as well. It's quite beautiful. Even the campaign map is.

My only real complaint right now is that I don't have enough time to play it :).

Grief.exe

Well, I actually wonder about the technicalities: who do you talk to once you have such a blog, does it need to have a minimal readership of some sort, that sort of thing. Might as well go for it myself — I have decent writing skills in Russian, even got published in a newspaper this year, and writing reviews sounds like a decent hobby, especially if there are some free games in it. How do you promote it and whether someone's going to read it is an entirely different question, of course.

You should ask Fanto, he is the one with the experience.

From what he has said, you just set up a blog and then email publishers until they respond.

Metrics, skill, and all of the intricacies you mentioned don't seem to matter all that much.

Finally finished System Shock 2!!! And it was GREAT. Very hard too and I played it on easy. Does the ending not play on easy? Because it was kinda weird how the game jumped to main menu after killing the final boss.

Copons

You should ask Fanto, he is the one with the experience.

From what he has said, you just set up a blog and then email publishers until they respond.

Metrics, skill, and all of the intricacies you mentioned don't seem to matter all that much.

They really don't matter at all.
A friend of mine had a blog with like three authors and even less readers and still he received games from publishers. Sometimes, in case of really crappy games, they even asked him for a positive review to let him keep getting games...

Nillansan

So I asked WayForward about what they are planning to do with the PC version of Shantae: Risky's Revenge now that they have launched a Kickstarter for a new entry in the series.

WayForward said:
As you may have heard, Shantae: Risky's Revenge was recently greenlit on Steam. We are currently focused on the Shantae: Half-Genie Hero kickstarter campaign but intend to look into porting Risky to Steam once the campaign is done :)

Awesome.

fantomena

I e-mailed the publishers with info around my blog, statistics and why I wanted to review their games. Most of the pubs Im in contact with sends review copies to me simply because they want to support my blog (that's what they told me). I asked them nicely and I also wrote that they should consider the bigger websites and newspapers more than me since Im just a small blog.

I think I was also very lucky with my contacts. Sony, EA, Microsoft and CapCom/SEGA has been very nice to me and have helped me with stuff. They even sends their games aurtomatic (I have to send an e-mail to ask the others pubs for each game and crossing my fingers that they have some review copies left). Deep Silver/Koch Media says that my blog need to grow bigger if they are gonna send their games to me.

Nintendo took me about 2 months to get a deal with. In my country they said they usually don't support blogs, so I was simply lucky.

TL;DR: Be nice and have luck with the PR people you're contacting. Not every publisher is easy to work with and contact.

Finally finished System Shock 2!!! And it was GREAT. Very hard too and I played it on easy. Does the ending not play on easy? Because it was kinda weird how the game jumped to main menu after killing the final boss.

It's probably similar to the situation of the first two Thief games, where the cutscenes don't play because of compatibility issues.

Both those two games and System Shock 2 were at least partially developed by Looking Glass within a few years of each other, after all.

It's probably similar to the situation of the first two Thief games, where the cutscenes don't play because of compatibility issues.

Both those two games and System Shock 2 were at least partially developed by Looking Glass within a few years of each other, after all.

Yeah they both use Dark Engine... weird thing is that the CGI's in the beginning worked fine

And I couldn't get System Shock 2 (retail) working on a laptop from 2005 or something so there's that

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461873 heh

Performance on the Altis island in Arma III multiplayer is so bad, hopefully they get it worked out before their release date where they're bizarrely officially "releasing" it before the single player is complete.

Uiki

I played mirrormoon ep for about 1 hour. And I still don't know what the fuck I'm doing.

But it's great!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Appentl the full game is now up and is double the size of the PSN ver., most likely to accommodate for the 60 FPS =V

Bah, it's still not showing up in my Community games list. I was hoping to download it overnight.

r3n4ud

Here you go folks.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Men of War Assault Squad GOTY -- MB-18BFAE3238D6358C - Taken by dave is ok
Men of War Red Tide -- MB-DD5376CB9FC1A62A - Taken by T4rz4
Yumsters 2 Around the World -- MB-C5C5C36DABDA12A7 - Taken by fantomena
Men of War -- MB-12C4D34F7969EC56 - Taken by Deques
Musaic Box -- MB-A9634075DF767CED - Taken by woo and indeed hoo
Kyntt Underground (Desura) -- MB-325E2ED3407320C0 - Taken by LiquidSolid
Saira -- MB-8E5A5081A0690422 - Taken by Motorbreath
King's Bounty The Legend -- MB-2F12B798E42CDD93 - Taken by Iron Badger