• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kifimbo

Updated post 10, 18 and 28 (yes, now I need three posts!). Added these games:

09/13/2013 - Godus - Simulation - 22Cans/22Cans - $19.99 -
09/13/2013 - Paranormal - Adventure - Matthew C Cohen/Matthew C Cohen - $XX.XX -
09/13/2013 - Volgarr the Viking - Action/Adventure - Adult Swim Games/Crazy Viking Studios - $11.99 -
Em05pds.png

09/18/2013 - Ironclad Tactics - Strategy - Zachtronics/Zachtronics - Action/Adventure - Adult Swim Games/Crazy Viking Studios - $14.99 -
Em05pds.png

09/18/2013 - Urban Trial Freestyle - Racing - Tate Multimedia/Tate Multimedia - $14.99 -
11/01/2013 - Lilly Looking Through - Adventure - Geeta Games/Geeta Games - $XX.XX -
11/15/2013 - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition - RPG - Beamdog/Beamdog - $24.99
2013 - Aaru's Awakening - Platformer - Lumenox Games/Lumenox Games - $XX.XX
2013 - Chromancer - Card - The Started Hare/The Started Hare - $XX.XX
2013 - Death Road to Canada - Action/Adventure - Rocketcat Games/Rocketcat Games - $XX.XX
2013 - Delver's Drop - Action/RPG - Pixelscopic/Pixelscopic - $14.99
Em05pds.png

2013 - Ground Pounders - Strategy - Kerberos Productions/Kerberos Productions - $XX.XX
2014 - Always Sometimes Monsters - Adventure - Devolver Digital/Vagabond Dog - $9.99
Em05pds.png

2014 - Aztez - Action/TBS - Team Colorblind/Team Colorblind - $XX.XX
2014 - Life Goes On - Action/Adventure - Infinite Monkeys/Infinite Monkeys - $XX.XX
2014 - Mushroom 11 - Platformer - Untame/Untame - $XX.XX
2014 - Neverending Nightmares - Horror - Infinitap Games/Infinitap Games - $XX.XX
2014 - Next Car Game - Racing - Bugbear Entertainment/Bugbear Entertainment - $XX.XX
2014 - Stunt Runner - Puzzle - Kermdinger Studios/Kermdinger Studios - $XX.XX
2014 - Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure - Adventure - Atlus /Big Finish Games - $XX.XX
2014 - There Came an Echo - Strategy - Iridium Studios/Iridium Studios - $XX.XX
2014 - World Zombination - Strategy - Proletariat/Proletariat - $XX.XX
2015 - Mighty No. 9 - Action - comcept/Inti Creates - $XX.XX
TBA - Against the Wall - Platformer - Cartwheel Games/Cartwheel Games - $XX.XX
TBA - Bionic Dues - Roguelike - Arcen Games/Arcen Games - $XX.XX
TBA - Catapult for Hire - Puzzle - Pixelmega/Pixelmega - $XX.XX
TBA - Crypt of the NecroDancer - Action/RPG - Brace Yourself Games/Brace Yourself Games - $14.99
Em05pds.png

TBA - Deadrock Divide - Strategy - Bootsnake Games/Bootsnake Games - $XX.XX
TBA - Dragons of Elanthia - Flying shooter - Simutronics/Simutronics - $XX.XX
TBA - Dwarven Delve - Puzzle - TinkerHouse Games/TinkerHouse Games - $XX.XX
TBA - Even the Ocean - Adventure - Analgesic Productions /Analgesic Productions - $6.99
Em05pds.png

TBA - Galak-Z - Action - 17-BIT/17-BIT - $XX.XX
TBA - Gravity Ghost - Exploration - Ivy Games/Ivy Games - $14.99
Em05pds.png

TBA - Hot Tin Roof - Action/Adventure - Glass Bottom Games/Glass Bottom Games - $XX.XX
TBA - Lifeless Planet - Action/Adventure - Stage 2 Studios/Stage 2 Studios - $XX.XX
TBA - LUFTRAUSERS - Action - Devolver Digital/Vlambeer - $XX.XX
Em05pds.png

TBA - N++ - Platformer - Metanet Software/Metanet Software - $XX.XX
TBA - PixelJunk Inc. - Action/Adventure - Q-Games/Q-Games - $XX.XX
TBA - Planetoid Pioneers - Action/Adventure - Data Realms/Data Realms - $XX.XX
TBA - Scale - FPS - Steve Swink - Steve Swink - $XX.XX
TBA - SECRETS OF RÆTIKON - Exploration - Broken Rules/Broken Rules - $XX.XX
TBA - Spellirium - Adventure - Untold Entertainment/Untold Entertainment $XX.XX
TBA - Sportsfriends - Party - Die Gute Fabrik/Die Gute Fabrik - $29.99
Em05pds.png

TBA - Telepath Tactics - Strategy - Sinister Design/Sinister Design - $XX.XX
TBA - The Moonlighters - Adventure - Rad Dragon/Rad Dragon - $XX.XX
TBA - The Wanderer - Survival - Cadenza Interactive/Cadenza Interactive - $XX.XX
TBA - Windforge - Action - Snowed In Studios/Snowed In Studios - $XX.XX

Next step: adding the recently greenlit titles.

tjohn86

It's not that many, I'd even say the majority of my Steam games don't use the Steam cloud. Thanks for the link though.

Most new games support Steam Cloud at this point.

It would be great if Valve could provide a couple gigs of storage for whatever saves you want though.

Gbraga

Volgarr already coming out? Damn, why can't I hold all these games?

And is Castle of Illusion really 30fps? I'll just remove it from my wishlist and never think about it again if so.

Li Kao

Ah, the magic of subjectivity.
I hate Assassin's Creed meta-plot with a passion. It's everything I would expect from a two-bit writer, unable to write good genre fiction to save his life. Mixing every pop culture trope he can think about all the while missing the most important elements, fun, cleverness, talent.
I am beginning to hate Ubi's view of content padding. Far Cry 3 lost me on the second part of the game, so full of collectable shit. Collectathlon, yup, right word for it.

And yet I'm playing AC Revelation and loving it. Constantinople is my fucking sandbox, I read about monuments I never knew existed, I even develop a real interest in the place and time (the openness of this society considering faith is more than a little fascinating to me), I even collect every shit the game throw my way.
Oh, what could have been, what a waste, what could be Assassin's Creed with even the weakest of writer... scratch the sci-fi stuff entirely, make a genre adaptation of a classic, The three musketeers, Oliver Twist, I don't know. I want this game so badly.

Turfster

And yet I'm playing AC Revelation and loving it. Constantinople is my fucking sandbox, I read about monuments I never knew existed, I even develop a real interest in the place and time

It's okay, you can stop at AC:R.
They removed the last interesting part (the interesting, dense cities) in III, letting you stumble around a handful of widely spaced bog-standard houses once you're an hour into the game7 hour tutorial, before that you're limited to what amounts to a cardboard box.

This is the point I gave up in disgust, but I doubt it gets better. It's the American Revolution after all, a place with no sprawling cities that accreted over the centuries. Whoever decided to use that period should never be allowed to have anything to do with games or stories ever again.

Tenrius

I wonder how an Assassin's Creed game set during the Russian Civil War would play out. St. Petersburg (known as Petrograd during that particular period) is a great setting and there are very obvious good guys (the white movement) as well as a bunch of very obvious bad guys (the bolsheviks), who could be assassins and templars respectively.

I'd actually prefer if such a game wasn't related to Assassin's Creed at all. Either way, it's probably not happening, oh well.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, the magic of subjectivity.
I hate Assassin's Creed meta-plot with a passion. It's everything I would expect from a two-bit writer, unable to write good genre fiction to save his life. Mixing every pop culture trope he can think about all the while missing the most important elements, fun, cleverness, talent.
I am beginning to hate Ubi's view of content padding. Far Cry 3 lost me on the second part of the game, so full of collectable shit. Collectathlon, yup, right word for it.

And yet I'm playing AC Revelation and loving it. Constantinople is my fucking sandbox, I read about monuments I never knew existed, I even develop a real interest in the place and time (the openness of this society considering faith is more than a little fascinating to me), I even collect every shit the game throw my way.
Oh, what could have been, what a waste, what could be Assassin's Creed with even the weakest of writer... scratch the sci-fi stuff entirely, make a genre adaptation of a classic, The three musketeers, Oliver Twist, I don't know. I want this game so badly.
To make a good game overall I'd also remove every collectible and cut the length in more than half. And add more mission variety, since it amounts to doing the same old thing time and time again.

So basically my perfect Assassin's Creed would be totally unlike the previous games (or at least AC1 & 2, which are the ones I've played -the former not to completion).

lol that's awesome

It bugs me he didn't use the same camera angle. I mean if you are going to do it...

DO NOT get Outlast... That game is just too much.

It kind of annoys me that I woke up to the preorder period being over and lots of positive reviews being released. If it is so good, why didn't they get the word out early? As it stands I feel inclined to wait now.

Momentary

Banned
It bugs me he didn't use the same camera angle. I mean if you are going to do it...

It kind of annoys me that I woke up to the preorder period being over and lots of positive reviews being released. If it is so good, why didn't they get the word out early? As it stands I feel inclined to wait now.

If you want to lose sleep tonight I would buy it right now.

If you want to lose sleep tonight I would buy it right now.

I'm about 2 hours in and I'm allllmost ready to say that I like it even more than Amnesia. There are some pretty scary parts so far. I love this genre though, it's just a game so I don't get scared scared, it's just fun.

mr. grape

Looking at the current Be Mine bundle...is Pressure any good? Already have Spacechem and Swords and Soldiers not sure if I want to pay $5+ if Pressure isn't anything specal

It's a pretty good co-op game, but you're probably better off waiting for it to be in a better bundle. The Indie Royale it was in was a lot better than the $5 tier in the Groupees bundle.

I enjoyed it, and played through the entire game with a friend.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Red makes your GPU go faster (it's true).

And that guy has something against games that aren't Finnish. What a strange allegiance.

Omega

Banned
Steam forum has gone down to YouTube comment section level.

whoa. I doubt that. Nothing is Youtube bad.

I caved and bought XCOM Enemy Unknown. I've never even played a strategy game (well I played Halo Wars but that shit don't count) so I don't even know if I'll like it. hope i made the right choice

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the Brothers steam discussion hub makes my blood boil. this is why we can't have nice things.
I'm curious in a stupid and masochistic way. I don't know why I even bother browsing those forums for opinions, because most of them suck. It's like Valve managed to capture the worst kinds of internet posters in a single website.

And still, from time to time you can find some little piece of useful information. But I don't think it's worth trying to get lucky there, just like I wouldn't crawl through a pipe full of human feces for over a mile in order to escape jail.

Shahadan

What is it, spoilers or complaining about the price/length of game?

Basically people complaining in a loop about how the game "requires" a controller (someone even proclaimed it a sign of the death of PC gaming), why they won't buy it because of that, and the long time favorite "no coop I won't buy it it sucks kthxbye" that I hate beyond words.
Mostly people missing the point entirely and talking about everything except the game, and whining for no reason.Brain dead land.

I hate that even more since it's a small game that is truly great and unique and deserves every sale it can get.
you guys are right, I should avoid these forums

Steam forum has gone down to YouTube comment section level.

I knew it reminded me of something :lol:

whoa. I doubt that. Nothing is Youtube bad.

I caved and bought XCOM Enemy Unknown. I've never even played a strategy game (well I played Halo Wars but that shit don't count) so I don't even know if I'll like it. hope i made the right choice
For newer games, they are. Like Rome 2 has some optimization issues, some guy just made a thread going full "didn't happen to me so it didn't exist" mode. The entire thread is just people "ran fine for me" without even mentioning their rigs, settings and the frames they get.

Edit: There are threads for Hotline Miami, complaining about dubstep and pixelart is not art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom