• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm using a Razer headset right now.

ibqiauWrT037Nl.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think it lasts 30 days before it needs to be logged on again.

There was a bug earlier in the year that caused login credentials to expire after two weeks, but it's since been fixed; there's no time limit.

Edit: Steam's been running in Offline Mode on my laptop for about 2.5 months now. I was testing the bug for myself and simply haven't bothered to switch it back.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If I can get over the Monster Energy Drink logo, you guys can get over the Razer logo.

Typed from a Razer Arctosa Keyboard.

Oooo Metro

And no way am I spending money on TMNT........disappointed by that one =/

My laptop runs Starcraft 2, sleeping dogs and farcry 3 with no issues

Oh Castle of Illusion is out........is it a good remake?

Oooo Metro

And no way am I spending money on TMNT........disappointed by that one =/

My laptop runs Starcraft 2, sleeping dogs and farcry 3 with no issues

Oh Castle of Illusion is out........is it a good remake?
SC2 and Sleeping dogs are a piece of cake, you'll need a beast laptop for metro LL.

Blizzard

Banned
I think it lasts 30 days before it needs to be logged on again.

Ahh ok. Figured there was something about it.
Guess ill just see if u have DRM free downloads from Humble and the like before resorting to steam for those indie games.

I think it's either longer than 30 days, or else the policy has been changed. Last time I had problems with offline mode, I hooked up an external hard drive that had my Steam installation on it from like 2 years ago, and it STILL worked in offline mode.

JaseC

I think it's either longer than 30 days, or else it has been changed. Last time I had problems with offline mode, I hooked up an external hard drive that had my Steam installation on it from like 2 years ago, and it STILL worked in offline mode.

Offline Mode expiring was due to a bug:

There was a bug earlier in the year that caused login credentials to expire after two weeks, but it's since been fixed; there's no time limit.

Edit: Steam's been running in Offline Mode on my laptop for about 2.5 months now. I was testing the bug for myself and simply haven't bothered to switch it back.

I really enjoyed this game when I bought it last week. It turns out that I have it through indie royale as well, so have fun whoever gets it.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

DLC quest -- MB-FD9FE1C391C9AADC - Taken by ricochetguro

Already have these, so I'm giving them away.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Hammerfight -- MB-FCCC176F0156694B - Taken by Darkroronoa
Saira -- MB-F4E53D4EBE33D32E - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft

zkylon

zkylewd
just beaten dishonored

what's with games not having credits

seriously wtf, it's anti-climactic as fuck

it's worse because a song starts to play in the last cutscene and then it cuts to the main menu

Salex

Banned
I had steam guard for more than 15 days, got into the Skullgirls beta at least 30 days ago, and recently bought the game 2 days with a product key (there was a discount). Will the product key count as the "purchase"?

JaseC

Play any Ubisoft game and you'll get all the credits you ever wanted and more.

Fixed. ;)

I had steam guard for more than 15 days, got into the Skullgirls beta at least 30 days ago, and recently bought the game 2 days with a product key (there was a discount). Will the product key count as the "purchase"?

I wouldn't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom