• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That's great Xel! I missed both giveaways because I was busy playing Dust (amazing, seriously, this game is incredible), but I want to thank you anyway :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was browsing Uplay.com and according to the site I only have Splinter Cell Conviction in my collection... even though I've been playing Rayman Legends since Tuesday. I bought both games from Steam.

Strange, the Uplay games I've played via Steam are all listed (though I haven't so much as installed Legends just yet).

Grief.exe

I was browsing Uplay.com and according to the site I only have Splinter Cell Conviction in my collection... even though I've been playing Rayman Legends since Tuesday. I bought both games from Steam.

You could have put them on different Uplay accounts.
The Steam games come from the same Steam account, but it would be totally plausible to accidentally make a new Uplay account and attach the game there.

catabarez

The Steam games come from the same Steam account, but it would be totally plausible to accidentally make a new Uplay account and attach the game there.

I did that. Far Cry 3 is on a different account from my main.

Strange, the Uplay games I've played via Steam are all listed (though I haven't so much as installed Legends just yet).

I‘m pretty sure they‘re the same account. I actually had the Uplay points I got from Conviction when I started playing Rayman Legends.

This is Ubisoft. It‘s probably a bug or something.

I just bought Divinity II on Steam because it was five bucks. All I know is that it's an RPG with Dragons. Any fans/detractors of this game on GAF?

I just bought Divinity II on Steam because it was five bucks. All I know is that it's an RPG with Dragons. Any fans/detractors of this game on GAF?
I bought it on xbox (assuming its the package with both parts of the game) for 66% off of $5. I played 7 or 8 hrs and justgotbored. It seems ok, but it just wasnt fun enough to get me hooked to play it all the way thru. Prob gonna delete it for gta V space in a few weeks.

Tellaerin

I remember I tried playing Bastion before but it didn't suck me in like I expected it to due to all the hype. I reinstalled it cause I got a controller this time but I'm still contemplating playing it.

You owe it to yourself to try it with a controller at least once. I don't think I'd've enjoyed it nearly as much if I had played with a mouse and keyboard. It's just that kind of game.

Bastion's short but sweet - you can probably finish it in 5-6 hours. I enjoyed messing around with the different weapons and upgrades, and the way the art, gameplay and narration came together to tell a story really left an impression. Give it another shot - maybe play for an hour or so and see if it grabs you.

Copons

As I kinda hate Bastion, seeing everyone talking about 5-6 hours to beat it, I checked on my library and notices that it took my 9 hours and now I'm wondering what the fuck I did for 3 hours in a game I hate. :(

Sarcasm

As I kinda hate Bastion, seeing everyone talking about 5-6 hours to beat it, I checked on my library and notices that it took my 9 hours and now I'm wondering what the fuck I did for 3 hours in a game I hate. :(

Hated it so much you spent more time on it =p

Sajjaja

You owe it to yourself to try it with a controller at least once. I don't think I'd've enjoyed it nearly as much if I had played with a mouse and keyboard. It's just that kind of game.

Bastion's short but sweet - you can probably finish it in 5-6 hours. I enjoyed messing around with the different weapons and upgrades, and the way the art, gameplay and narration came together to tell a story really left an impression. Give it another shot - maybe play for an hour or so and see if it grabs you.

Yeah, I'll give it another shot tomorrow, maybe finish it before classes start up again next week.

Hated it so much you spent more time on it =p

lol

Maybe I wanted to be thorough in my hatred.

Let the hate flow through you while listening to the pretty music and looking at pretty colours.

Started playing Tomb Raider again, got four hours in when it first came out and just sort of stopped. Tomb Raider is kind of like Hitman: Absolution in that it isn't inherently a bad game, it's just a bad addition to its series. It's not exactly a Tomb Raider, it feels more like an Uncharted spin-off with all sorts of dumb rpg elements tacked on to it.

Started playing Tomb Raider again, got four hours in when it first came out and just sort of stopped. Tomb Raider is kind of like Hitman: Absolution in that it isn't inherently a bad game, it's just a bad addition to its series. It's not exactly a Tomb Raider, it feels more like an Uncharted spin-off with all sorts of dumb rpg elements tacked on to it.

Just like the latest Hitman, it's a terribly well made BAD game.

I agree. If I set out to make a poor and generic game I would hope it turned out as good as Tomb Raider.

Ah, I meant 'terribly well made' as-in, 'really well made with high production values'. :)
Especially Hitman has some gorgeous level designs and modeling.. but the whole game just left me cold.

Edit: Looks like I failed to catch you before stealth-edit!

Tizoc

Tomb Raider was OK, but it just failed to capture what made the original TR games good, namely the exploration and platforming

Here's hoping XSEED release Trails in the Sky 2 on Steam XO.

jediyoshi

Tomb Raider was OK, but it just failed to capture what made the original TR games good, namely the exploration and platforming.

Thank god though, Il'l take TR's style of exploration like the shantytown and beach section's over original TR's style.

I am having some kind of small problem. Since I had the 360-wireless controller, some Games dont recognize the analog-stick.

Like Giana Sisters. If I try to configure the controls, it wont recognize it and it just plays with the atrocious 360-digital pad.
Same with Ys. I played Ys 1 with the 360-controller and I could play it without any problem with the analog-stick, but when I started Ys 2... I also can only play with the D-Pad.

Anyone knows why that might be?

Copons

Let the hate flow through you while listening to the pretty music and looking at pretty colours.

DANGER AVERTED!!

After long hours of deep thinking I realized that Bastion has cards, so those additional hours are totally idling time, so yeah, I didn't spend more time than needed on Bastion and I'm fine with it.

liezryou

Damn awesome giveaways while i was asleep. I'll try to find someone who has a spare paranormal key to trade, wanna try this game.

kafiend

Thank god though, Il'l take TR's style of exploration like the shantytown and beach section's over original TR's style.

Calling it Tomb Raider was disingenuous and done for money reasons. I'd have been happier if the game had been called Lara Croft: Island Explorer.

Opening it up neatly for the sequel to be called Lara Croft: We Need To Go Deeper.

Meant to start playing Crusader Kings last night but I got carried away on EUIII after launching a campaign against the French. Might get round to it later.
Damn awesome giveaways while i was asleep. I'll try to find someone who has a spare paranormal key to trade, wanna try this game.

Same, looks really interesting.

Brilliant game, first impression is lacking but it gets amazing. Really underrated, got it with a magazine and it took me by surprise.

Good to hear as I'm probably going to buy it too. Giantbomb's Dragon Commander Quick Look sold me on that game whenever it's on sale, so this seems like an opportune time to jump into the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom