• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanctum 2 for 5$, may have to jump on that. Picked up the original for 2.50$ in a Steam Sale, put about 20 hours into it. A good portion of which was just abusing the text-to-voice function in coop.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been out for about a week now, but Enhanced Steam still continues to improve. Here are some screenshots from the upcoming version:

Header: Added option to remove the "NEW" above your username, as well as an option to display a warning message if you're browsing the Steam store outside of your account's region.

nx0oKw3.png

Home page: if you have a balance in your Steam wallet, there will be a button that will send you to the search results (descending, by price) of everything you would be able to purchase with that balance.

kodFwJG.png

Wishlist: added a "Remove all owned from wishlist" button. As you are aware, items are not removed from your wishlist if you redeem keys rather than purchase directly on Steam. This button will remove every game on your wishlist that you own and will make cleaning it up much easier if you frequently buy indie bundles, etc.

vYoD4AN.png

Search results: Search results will now have an "Add to cart" button for each result, making it easy to add a game to your cart directly from the search results page.

9xBS1sL.png

fantomena

Home page: if you have a balance in your Steam wallet, there will be a button that will send you to the search results (descending, by price) of everything you would be able to purchase with that balance.

kodFwJG.png

Wishlist: added a "Remove all owned from wishlist" button. As you are aware, items are not removed from your wishlist if you redeem keys rather than purchase directly on Steam. This button will remove every game on your wishlist that you own and will make cleaning it up much easier if you frequently buy indie bundles, etc.

vYoD4AN.png

OH MY GOD. THANK YOU!!!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had no idea that the Steam Greenlight submission fee was considered a game.

Time to buy it! So you can say you own the most expensive "game" on Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Time to buy it!

It's sitting in my cart...

...but I think I'll wait until the Autumn Sale before deciding on whether or not to pull the trigger ($100 can go far during a sale, after all). Unless, of course, I land a better p/t job in the interim (a few nibbles in recent weeks but no bites :(), in which case I'll treat myself.

Deques

I've been out for about a week now, but Enhanced Steam still continues to improve. Here are some screenshots from the upcoming version:

Nice new features

While you are on it, here is a bug for you to check on
LWMdZ3I.jpg

The four pack price per individual copy is incorrect

jshackles

Nice new features

While you are on it, here is a bug for you to check on
The four pack price per individual copy is incorrect

Yup that's fixed in the new version, sorry for the trouble.

Header: Added option to remove the "NEW" above your username, as well as an option to display a warning message if you're browsing the Steam store outside of your account's region.

Search results: Search results will now have an "Add to cart" button for each result, making it easy to add a game to your cart directly from the search results page.

You have made the client completely obsolete. Fantastic work man, Thank you

Addnan

How long do groupees take to give steam keys for games that have been greenlit? I want to add Paranautical Activity to my library..

Deques

How long do groupees take to give steam keys for games that have been greenlit? I want to add Paranautical Activity to my library..

It depends on when the developers get the keys from Steam and when they forward the keys to each site that sold the game

Parsnip

Every time I scroll through my library trying to decide what to play, I somehow manage to stop on Arkham Asylum and see those steam achievements, taunting me.

Gah.

mrgone

JaseC

You know what you have to do!

Be gone, temptress. :p

Loaning a friends Steam account to play Outlast. Will definetly buy on sale.

Speaking of, I hope the game sharing feature goes live some time this year, as well as the ability to trade Steam Wallet funds; it'd be great to deal with traders without having to put up with PayPal's fees and egregious exchange rates.

Again. Anyone also has problems that some Games wont recognize the analog-stick of the wireless 360 controller, even though it works?

And another question. I bought Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures, but it doesnt show up in my list. When I bought KoF, Skullgirls and Castlevania, they were already in my list. Just didnt have the download button.
It also shows I own the Game when I go to the shoppage of the game.

Volotaire

nx0oKw3.png

kodFwJG.png

vYoD4AN.png

9xBS1sL.png

Thank you so much, seriously great work!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Divinity 2 any good?

Personally I hated the crap out of it. Gave it 2 solid tries on both the regular original release the the directors cut. The combat is amongst the worst I've experienced in an RPG and there is *so much of it*.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Melted77

It depends on when the developers get the keys from Steam and when they forward the keys to each site that sold the game

Here's the current status of Paranautical Activity key distribution

Game's completely awesome, too. I've been hooked on it since I installed the Desura version a few weeks ago. I'm definitely looking forward to that special kind of discomfort that comes with having game time permanently recorded :)

Do you know if Groupees normally post the Steam keys on your page or will they add it to your Desura activated account? I gave away both Paranautical Activity and Paranormal Desura keys and now that they've been Greenlit I'm kind of interested in them. lol

Grief.exe

Every time I scroll through my library trying to decide what to play, I somehow manage to stop on Arkham Asylum and see those steam achievements, taunting me.

Gah.

They haven't worked on the Arkham Asylum or the Arkham City app in a little while now.

I can only assume that they are finished with the updates, but waiting for some kind of promotion to release them. Possibly with the Arkham Origins release?

Bioshock 2 is still seeing daily updates.

Woah, I was checking Batman Arkham Asylum and Bioshock 2 achievements and it looks somebody already unlocked them.

It says 0.1% of players unlocked every achievement.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/35140/achievements
http://steamcommunity.com/stats/8850/achievements

That is generally the case for people on the development team testing if the achievements unlock correctly.

FloatOn

Suggest 3 of these games for me. Something I would like. I don't have much indie experience:

Braid
Limbo
Mark of the Ninja
Everyday Shooter
Dustforce
FTL
Guacamalee Gold edition
Hotline Miami
Deathspank
Torchlight 1

Mark of the Ninja
Hotline Miami
FTL

keep in mind that Torchlight 2 completely invalidates Torchlight 1 since it includes multiplayer and a variety of locations and Torchlight 1 does not.

Do you know if Groupees normally post the Steam keys on your page or will they add it to your Desura activated account? I gave away both Paranautical Activity and Paranormal Desura keys and now that they've been Greenlit I'm kind of interested in them. lol

You are "interested" in playing it or in adding it to your backlog? :)

Deques

Groupees usually adds a separate steam key. But sometimes the Desura key can be turned into a steam key. Meaning in the Desura page you can request a Steam key. So you have to hurry to get your Steam key from the groupees page, if you want the games

I suspect its the latter :p

They've been there for a while now. It is probably the people who are fixing up the games for the Steamworks patch.

That's been the case more or less since the achievements went "live" at Valve's end -- private testing, in other words.

That is generally the case for people on the development team testing if the achievements unlock correctly.

Oh, thought it was something new :p

Melted77

Groupees usually adds a separate steam key. But sometimes the Desura key can be turned into a steam key. Meaning in the Desura page you can request a Steam key. So you have to hurry to get your Steam key from the groupees page, if you want the games

I suspect its the latter :p

Fingers crossed that they add separate keys and you would be correct.

Deques

Fingers crossed that they add separate keys and you would be correct.

Not sure if you understood me correctly
It will be a separate key, but the Desura key and Steam key are the same license (not sure if I used the same term). I checked La-Mulana in Desura, which I got from Groupees. The steam key in desura is same steam key in groupees

Parsnip

They haven't worked on the Arkham Asylum or the Arkham City app in a little while now.

I can only assume that they are finished with the updates, but waiting for some kind of promotion to release them. Possibly with the Arkham Origins release?
Yup, that's what I'm guessing as well.

JaseC

I sincerely hope they are not waiting for July 1, 2014...

Like I've said before, I suspect WB will let the vanilla versions rot so as to coerce people into purchasing the GOTY flavours. The company did, after all, remove the individual pieces of City DLC when the GOTY version released, leaving those with City vanilla with no recourse but to purchase, essentially, a new game.

Not sure if you understood me correctly
It will be a separate key, but the Desura key and Steam key are the same license (not sure if I used the same term). I checked La-Mulana in Desura, which I got from Groupees. The steam key in desura is same steam key in groupees

That was not the case for me I ended up getting two La-Mulana keys but I think that was when Desura still had the request the key tab in the client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom