• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There's still another expansion pack on the way (T.K. Baha's Bloody Harvest) and Gearbox has "two or three" more releases planned.

Hmmm... well that sucks. Didn't they already announce the "GotY Edition" though? Leave it to 2k I guess.

Yeah, but the GOTY Edition isn't content-complete -- it only contains everything released prior to the recently-released UVH 2 Upgrade and skin packs.

That's just nasty.

PS. Do you have a script that updates both your steam profile image and your gaf avatar? Nifty!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's just nasty.

PS. Do you have a script that updates both your steam profile image and your gaf avatar? Nifty!

Nah, I do it the hard way. ;)

T.K. is coming back? So is this another zombie DLC then?

Yeah, but it's not very big:

----------
Yeah, I heard he's coming back but no details on how considering how he ended up in the first game (Pretty sure statute of limitations on spoilers is past for BL)

As a zombie, of course
!

Yeah, but the GOTY Edition isn't content-complete -- it only contains everything released prior to the recently-released UVH 2 Upgrade and skin packs.

Ugh, well, there might be a Platinum version or whatever they want to call it, I guess I'll wait, I don't like gearbox anyway after ACM so I'll wait until borderlands 2 is dirty cheap.

Is Divinity 2 Developer Cut the same as Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga? beacuse the Dragon Knight Saga is missing from the store :(

Jzero

I think the problems i'm having with Source engine games is SteamPipe. Maybe that's why they don't want to launch.

JaseC

I think the problems i'm having with Source engine games is SteamPipe. Maybe that's why they don't want to launch.

It could be that the content conversion didn't complete correctly. Try reinstalling one (HL2 is probably the smallest) and see how you go.

FauX

Hey GAF, where's the banhammer to stupid users whose only intention is to get free games increasing count post? That's why I don't trust Modbot, fucking lurkers always find a way to get games, free games. Shame!!!

On other news, I got two steam keys from indie gala bundle:

Musaic Box
Yumster something... I dunno.

PM Please, first messsage on my inbox will get a game. Lurkers, go away.

Echoplx

Ugh, well, there might be a Platinum version or whatever they want to call it, I guess I'll wait, I don't like gearbox anyway after ACM so I'll wait until borderlands 2 is dirty cheap.

Is Divinity 2 Developer Cut the same as Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga? beacuse the Dragon Knight Saga is missing from the store :(

Yeah it's identical, just has a bunch of optional cheats you can enable for fun

Gvaz

Banned
Yeah, DKS is just a re-release of D2: DC and the Flames of Vengeance expansion.

Edit: Beaten.

Specifically D2:DC is a re-release of DKS, which is a rerelease of D2 that includes the flames of vengeance expansion.

It doesn't matter if you have DKS in the store or ego draconis because the directors cut has everything

JaseC

Thanks guys, I got the Divinity Anthology and wasn't sure if I was missing anything.

What's odd is that DKS is mentioned in the promo image on the front page. :p I had no idea the game had been yanked, though luckily I bought it from Amazon some time last year.

jsrv

so I guess there aren't any other badges that give ingame stuff besides Beat Hazard right now?

gearboxsoftware.com/paxprime2013

Register the code here, you will get a confirmation email. I don't know if it's for a DLC or for what, but it's related to their anniversary thing on September 14th.

These are probably the Community Day skins if they aren't the Digistruct one. Could be Golden Keys too but they give those out every other day

Xanathus

It does not update anything for 3 hours until the 3 hours are up. Then it picks a random one of the keys for whoever entered and updates it then.
Was away, I mean that I only applied for it after 3 hours was up. I also noticed that at the time I saw your giveaway there were 2 codes already taken. So either no one happened to pick the code I took during the raffle period, or Modbot isn't counting the applications made during the raffle period.

Echoplx

Sucks that the upgrade they gave everyone to the Developer's Cut didn't remove the old entry from the library, now I have two entries ;_;

I guess that's a good thing for Jase though :p

What's odd is that DKS is mentioned in the promo image on the front page. :p I had no idea the game had been yanked, though luckily I bought it from Amazon some time last year.

Yeah, that's what confused me, in the banner says Dragon Knight Saga instead of Directors Cut, thought maybe it was some regional thing, but looks like it's gone everywhere.

Gvaz

Banned
so I guess there aren't any other badges that give ingame stuff besides Beat Hazard right now?

These are probably the Community Day skins if they aren't the Digistruct one. Could be Golden Keys too but they give those out every other day

It does say something about Community Day 2013.

I don't play Borderlands 2 because fuck playing that game by yourself.

I did meet the voice of TK Baha and Claptrap though. He's a rad dude who doesn't like menthol cigarettes, the jerk :p

JaseC

Sucks that the upgrade they gave everyone to the Developer's Cut didn't remove the old entry from the library, now I have two entries ;_;

I guess that's a good thing for Jase though :p

I love it:

Divinity II - Ego Draconis
Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga
Divinity II: Developer's Cut

Yeah, that's what confused me, in the banner says Dragon Knight Saga instead of Directors Cut, thought maybe it was some regional thing, but looks like it's gone everywhere.

DKS having been yanked is rather odd as it was published by Focus (I think Ego Draconis was 1C? DTP, apparently), and without it there's now no Steam version of the Flames of Vengeance expansion. Brain fart.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I think I might've screwed up. I pasted two lines of the Borderlands Raffle to modbot on the same message by accident. I was copy pasting blindly and pasted both.

I wonder if I got blocked from the giveway - most likely.

Oh well...

Cru

If you're using an alt account to win games you should feel shame.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Walking Dead 400 Days -- MB-A20C57480F9265B6 - Taken by Dingotech

Martian

Guys, I would like to play/buy a few story driven games and also I would like advice on the mass effect series.

First of all, how to begin with ME?
Try the first one, or go straight to the second?

And could you guys recommend me some story based games?

Sajjaja

How was Of Orcs and Men? It seems like a nice game, and I know it has a beautiful soundtrack filled with symphony music (Boston Cello Quartet).

My Quest Begins

It's by the same guys who made the Game of Thrones RPG and the story is from the point of view of the Orcs and Goblins instead of the humans. It's up to the two main characters to unite the Goblin and Orc tribes against the humans.

Anyone have any experience with the gameplay?

SmokinDan

Guys, I would like to play/buy a few story driven games and also I would like advice on the mass effect series.

And could you guys recommend me some story based games?

Just start from ME1.

I love the first one far more then the second. If you have the time for both then I would say start with the first. Its a fantastic game.

Dingotech

Nice giveaways guys!

Put my hand up for a BL2 code and 400 days.

I will probably end up buying 400 days before the end of the weekend if I don't win.

Thanks graz. I found a remaining borderlands 11 levels pack and claimed it

Ditto, thank you gvas!

Haven't played BL2 for months, gonna jump back in within the next couple of weeks.
Played through it with Zero the first time, this time I'll go with either the Siren or the Mechromancer.

Martian

Thanks for the advice guys! And I have a PS3 as well, does anyone know if there is a difference between the PC and PS3 version(ie better playing experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom