• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Checked gearbox's site, it's probably this or at least part of it http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/communityday

I don't think Homeworld is in Steam though

Assuming the codes entitle you to the same content as the Community Day Digital Bonus Pack, you get:

- Closed Beta access to a future Gearbox Software game
- Borderlands 2 Community Day Heads & Skin Pack (Shift codes, not Steam DLC)
- Homeworld HD & Homeworld Classic download code (redeemable upon release)
- HD stream and archive access to Community Day

Edit: The classic Homeworld games are already in the registry: sub 25114 and sub 25115.

Edit edit: I'd say the codes just pertain to skins. Gearbox refers to the included items as "Community Day goodies" and this image uses the same term:

WXOEPJq.jpg

Edit edit edit: I should probably note that said image is from PAX Aus.

Sajjaja

Assuming the codes entitle you to the same content as the Community Day Digital Bonus Pack, you get:

Oh man, Homeworld HD? I wish I didn't win before.

I've never actually played a Homeworld game and am still wondering what the fuss is about.

Any opinions on Of Orcs and Men?

jsrv

- Borderlands 2 Community Day Heads & Skin Pack (Shift codes, not Steam DLC)
These drop in the game during community day or so a mod says in the gearbox forums. They don't really matter too much either way because they aren't account bound like the skins from BL1 or Goliath head

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I was kind of bummed that I missed all those Borderlands 2 codes through being asleep, then I remembered I bought the DLC anyway. Crisis averted! Seriously though, very generous!

I know the game seems to be quite divisive here on GAF, but I've really been enjoying Borderlands 2 since getting the base game cheap just before the summer sale, I beat it recently and started back up again in True Vault Hunter Mode and the challenge is right back up there, plus you start get in more powerful weapons again. I found myself no really paying attention to weapons at the end as I'd rarely get ones more powerful than what I was carrying, but starting over in the new mode has brought back that joy of finding something new and awesome to use. Good fun.

KJ869

Screwfly studios mailed every zafehouse purhacer steam keys. If you want to experience strong narrative and people heavy system based zombie game, I recomend getting Zafehouse now that is in Steam.

Its game about how people stuck together can survive in when zombies attack. You give orders to your survivors to do stuff in map screen, then the game resolves what hapened and tells you trough diary how it went. Peoples Skills and relationships affect how good they are doing stuff. I always seem to be getting the racist asians who hate everybody, but are good in cleaning up the zombie corpses.

JaseC

Screwfly studios mailed every zafehouse purhacer steam keys. If you want to experience strong narrative and people heavy system based zombie game, I recomend getting Zafehouse now that is in Steam.

Its game about how people stuck together can survive in when zombies attack. You give orders to your survivors to do stuff in map screen, then the game resolves what hapened and tells you trough diary how it went. Peoples Skills and relationships affect how good they are doing stuff. I always seem to be getting the racist asians who hate everybody, but are good in cleaning up the zombie corpses.

Apparently I didn't purchase any of the three bundles it's been included in. D'oh.

damaph

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Zeno Clash -- MB-B16120ABB141A8C9 - Taken by Deques

oipic

Thanks, Gvaz - was working through the afternoon, and missed your raffle, but there were (and are) still some of those PAX PRIME thingies available. Cheers mate.

Jzero

It could be that the content conversion didn't complete correctly. Try reinstalling one (HL2 is probably the smallest) and see how you go.

Yup, HL2 worked. Seems like they became corrupted. FML i don't want to re-install them.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Yeah, just checked my Groupees - Bundle of the Undead and the Steam key was there.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I felt guilty for not posting the link to Gvaz's post, but I was having all manner of pain trying to link to it from my phone... so I'm glad you snared one too, flame. :)
Haha, it's ok. I was on my phone too but luckily found it by searching for "Pax Prime" in the previous page. Still one left there when I last looked!

Gvaz

Banned
I talked to the VP of Marketing? or something at pax prime for gearbox and apparently they're pissed about Aliens.

Kind of sad to have their name on something they stopped working on and gave to another company.

Never played the game myself tho.

I talked to the VP of Marketing? or something at pax prime for gearbox and apparently they're pissed about Aliens.

Kind of sad to have their name on something they stopped working on and gave to another company.

They are pissed because of internal communication problem? Or just having to deal with the shitstorm?

JaseC

Gearbox, having (surreptitiously?) handballed most of the game's development duties to other studios, is not happy with how the final product turned out? That's rich.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Medal of Honor Origin Key -- MB-07BC6744C9C4123C - Taken by Franck Ribery

Coldsun

Banned

Let me get this straight, the VP of Marketing is mad that they got the blunt of the poor game? Who should it fall on? They CONTRACTED out the job that THEY WERE PAID for. They skimmed the money to fund their own game (Borderlands 2) and gave the game to another company. Its ENTIRELY GearBox's fault the game failed. They were tasked with the job, and they failed. They most certainly do deserve have their name tarnished.

Gvaz

Banned
Let me get this straight, the VP of Marketing is mad that they got the blunt of the poor game? Who should it fall on? They CONTRACTED out the job that THEY WERE PAID for. They skimmed the money to fund their own game (Borderlands 2) and gave the game to another company. Its ENTIRELY GearBox's fault the game failed. They were tasked with the job, and they failed. They most certainly do deserve have their name tarnished.
They paid for aliens and borderlands separately. Money did not siphon from one to the other.

Sega made them stop, then restart development. You can't do that with a game dev because in the interim you are on other projects. Later Sega changed who was actually developing the game, gearbox had no part in anything at that point.

It's like when I worked construction. You build half a chimney, then the owner wants to pay a guy who will do it for less. Sure go ahead, but we're not coming back to repair it when it fucks up. Not our responsibility anymore.

Coldsun

Banned
They paid for aliens and borderlands separately. Money did not siphon from one to the other.

Sega made them stop, then restart development. You can't do that with a game dev because in the interim you are on other projects. Later Sega changed who was actually developing the game, gearbox had no part in anything at that point.

It's like when I worked construction. You build half a chimney, then the owner wants to pay a guy who will do it for less. Sure go ahead, but we're not coming back to repair it when it fucks up. Not our responsibility anymore.

While I'm not doubting your version (I really am not), do you have some sources? I really would like to get a complete timeline and better facts on the matter.

(Added)
According to Destructoid ( http://www.destructoid.com/sega-denies-aliens-colonial-marines-was-outsourced-244728.phtml ) GearBox was the one who outsourced to TimeGate and quite a few places reported on Borderlands 2 being funded by the money Sega gave them for Aliens ( https://www.google.com/search?q=gea...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a ). If this is all out dated info though, I'd love to be corrected

Knurek

Yeah, just checked my Groupees - Bundle of the Undead and the Steam key was there.

Still not added to Indie Royale Mighty Bundle. :\

Funnily enough, my Desura collection page has the option to generate Steam key for the game (since all IR games register automatically on Desura), but states that you need to do so from Indie Royale page. smh

Gvaz

Banned
It was the guy who works for gearbox while I was at prime. I haven't followed any of this shit so I'm just going off what they themselves said because it sounded frustrating for them.

Anyways I'm done with this specific topic.

liezryou

Awesome giveaways gvaz. Props mate.

EDIT: Anyone who got zafehouse diaries from a bundle, could they please give some impressions?

JaseC

It was the guy who works for gearbox while I was at prime. I haven't followed any of this shit so I'm just going off what they themselves said because it sounded frustrating for them.

Anyways I'm done with this specific topic.

The situation is just a big he said/she said mess. For example, Pitchford eventually asserted that TimeGate was only responsible for 25% of the campaign, but sources claiming to either be from Gearbox or TimeGate later stated that the the former in fact had very little to do with it.

Atruvius

Spelunky is addicting as hell.

I'm stucj at the jungle level. I can't reliably jump from vine to vine, even though I hit the vine I just fly through to my doom. Then those plants keep eating me.

Just some weeks ago I was like Oh boy I'm gonna have some fun time playing Spelunky! Then five minutes later I'm alt-tab rage quitting the game. Haven't played the game since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom