• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

The Steam versions of Far Cry 3, Blood Dragon, and Splinter Cell: BL are all attached to the Uplay client.

Ubisoft is going to have to drop the price to a low enough level to overcome that addition.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, man, for the past several months I've been under the impression that Ubi had pulled the Far Cry 3 DDE upgrade option, but apparently it was just moved off the game's store page. +1 to Community DLC count here I come! (I already own the DDE.)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I must confess, because i'm a bit of a Superman fan I can even see myself enjoying Superman 64. Hoops-schmoops, i'm flying as Suupes!

Just...don't put the controller in my hands. That thumbstick...

Anyhow; Toma. Your winning. Once again.
Seriously considering buying Divinity II. Wasn't planning on getting anything this month and i've never even heard of the game untill today, but your topic got me hyped.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
XnNV1JM.png

Sure thing
Null store, where everything is free? I want to go there too.

Derrick01

Banned
Euro Truck Simulator 2 hooked a Gaffer for a considerable amount of time. Train Simulator is very relaxing, I hear. Surgeon Simulator is a joke game, but it's usually cheap.

Can't speak for any of the others.

Euro Truck is great. Turn the internet radio on and it feels like real driving almost. You could even say it's....immersive *cringe*.

I wish they would have made the company owning portion of the game deeper but I guess it's not a good idea to expect too much from these games as they are made with limited budgets.

Tizoc

I must confess, because i'm a bit of a Superman fan I can even see myself enjoying Superman 64. Hoops-schmoops, i'm flying as Suupes!

Just...don't put the controller in my hands. That thumbstick...

Anyhow; Toma. Your winning. Once again.
Seriously considering buying Divinity II. Wasn't planning on getting anything this month and i've never even heard of the game untill today, but your topic got me hyped.

LEGO Batman 2 is the best Superman game brah-
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DGGwVYEKFM

Momentary

Banned
Danmaku Unlimited 2's music makes me want to flip cars over with my bare hands. I really hope the shit gets Greenlighted. This and Savant - Ascent has got some kickin' tracks man. Plus I want my free Steam keys so I can increase my Steam library. I think Savant - Ascent will eventually make it, but I don't know about DU2. There seems to be a little bit of buzz going around for it.

I piss my own self off. Here I am playing games that aren't in my Steam library when I have so many games that I haven't tackled yet. I've done pretty good in the last month. Got Metro 2033, Metro Last Light, and Castlevania out of the way... but that's about it. I tell you what though, playing Metro 2033 before touching LL was the smart way to go. If I would have touched LL first I don't think I could have gotten through the original due to how much more polished the sequel was.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Last night (or more accurately, very early today) I tried the first Kane & Lynch in local co-op with a friend. Played till the 7th level.

It's... not too good. Lots and lots of enemies (even in normal), and you get shot from all sides all the time. Invisible barriers are terrible, and there are some where the characters turn around and start walking in the opposite direction (which isn't much worse than being hit by thin air and unable to keep walking). The story seems to be missing its beginning, because it never explained who the characters where or why there were doing what they were doing.

And the camera. Oh man, if you ever wanted to play a TPS where you can get your view blocked by bushes, columns and allies right in the middle of a firefight, then this is the perfect game for you.

And what's with the vertical splitscreen? It's so narrow it literally made my eyes bleed (which startled my friend a little).

Last night (or more accurately, very early today) I tried the first Kane & Lynch in local co-op with a friend. Played till the 7th level.

It's... not too good. Lots and lots of enemies (even in normal), and you get shot from all sides all the time. Invisible barriers are terrible, and there are some where the characters turn around and start walking in the opposite direction (which isn't much worse than being hit by thin air and unable to keep walking). The story seems to be missing its beginning, because it never explained who the characters where or why there were doing what they were doing.

And the camera. Oh man, if you ever wanted to play a TPS where you can get your view blocked by bushes, columns and allies right in the middle of a firefight, then this is the perfect game for you.

And what's with the vertical splitscreen? It's so narrow it literally made my eyes bleed (which startled my friend a little).

you should go to a doctor

Wok

What happened with Skyrim is I got excited for it and then when playing it I lost myself. When I started thinking about the details of the game I realized that none of it was good and that any satisfied feeling I had was simply an illusion. And it's not good to let yourself get stuck in illusions, we have to live in reality.

Not coincidentally that's also why I'm so against Oculus Rift. It's going to make people ignore gameplay over immersion and live in illusions even more.

What is this stance? I am satisfied with Skyrim because of the atmosphere and the illusion of another world it creates. This satisfaction is not an illusion, it does not come from the gameplay, it just comes from the art.

With Rayman Legends, similarly, I play more for the art than for the gameplay: the controls feel great yet for most of the jumps, the time window is very permissive, which allows one to enjoy the game, and even if I fail, most of the time there was checkpoint a few seconds before. There is no challenge, no controls to master, nothing like Super Meat Boy, but I still like the game, and the satisfaction it gives is not an illusion.

Derrick01

Banned
What is this stance? I am satisfied with Skyrim because of the atmosphere and the illusion of another world it creates. The satisfaction is not an illusion, it does not come from the gameplay, it comes from the art.

Yeah well I don't play games for the art. That's where the stance comes from.

Wok

Yeah well I don't play games for the art. That's where the stance comes from.

So, you can like a game either for the gameplay or for the story. Period. Right?

If you watch a movie, you do not have any interaction going on, so there is just the story left. For curiosity, could you make a list of your favorite books or movies, something like the top 3?

Derrick01

Banned
So, you can like a game either for the gameplay or for the story. Period. Right?

Pretty much, depending on the type of game. Stuff like art/graphics, music and sound are incredibly minor things to me. They're either nice little bonuses to good games or if the game's bad then they do nothing to boost it.

Deques

Not sure if repost... but wow what an amazing deal

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/pk/en/pc/games/strategy/sanctum-pack/

Sanctum
Sanctum Map Pack 1 + 2

Sanctum 2
Sanctum 2 Road to Elysion

Super Sanctum TD

All for only 8.58$ after coupon (GMG20-8MUTY-M21VN)

So glad i bought Sanctum 2 on launch and it was trash then :3.

I got the first game from Indie Royale's first bundle, Super Sanctum TD from the last sale. Will probably wait for the second game to appear in a bundle too :)

Wok

Guys, is there a way to force Steam to use previously downloaded files for Dota 2?

I have been copying old files in "SteamApps/common/dota 2 beta/" and "SteamApps/downloading/570/" and I could skip 1.3 GB of download.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I actually liked Kane and Lynch 2.

I liked both of them but I LOVE Kane and Lynch as characters and love the stories. Two of my favourite characters in recent years. The voice acting is fantastic in both of them as well. Kane and Lynch has more flaws than the sequel but yeah I really liked both of them quite a bit.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Guys, is there a way to force Steam to use previously downloaded files for Dota 2?

I have been copying old files in "SteamApps/common/dota 2 beta/" and "SteamApps/downloading/570/" and I could skip 1.3 GB of download.

What you've described is the only way -- move the data in downloading to steamapps\common\dota 2 beta, then cancel the installation and reinstall. Steam will detect the existing data and skip everything that passes the file integrity check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom