• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinomura

Speaking of awesome games coming to Steam - I saw that Path of Exile is officially releasing on October 23rd and that they're working on integrating Steam features.

Even though the game has been in perpetual beta for about 2 years, this is really great news. I wonder if they'll keep their "free to play" game model...

Amazing news! POE devs deserve the added visibility Steam can provide!

PS: jshackles thanks for Enhanced Steam :)

I guess I can see why some people like Spec Ops: The Line as much as they do but I don't think the narrative and amazing world art design uplift the bog-standard third person shooter gameplay. Maybe the narrative would've had more impact if the player had real agency in shaping the plot but by and large you don't You're mostly herded through the game, walking down a scripted path, partaking in scripted events. There's two or three real moments where it appeared I had a choice to make but I don't know if they were genuine or not.

It was only five hours long. At least it didn't overstay its welcome?

~Kinggi~

Banned
How long does it take to receive a game code from Newegg? I just bought Civ 5 Brave New World for 11.99 from them but havent received any codes..

Edit: nvd just got it. Good sale though.

def sim

I guess I can see why some people like Spec Ops: The Line as much as they do but I don't think the narrative and amazing world art design uplift the bog-standard third person shooter gameplay. Maybe the narrative would've had more impact if the player had real agency in shaping the plot but by and large you don't You're mostly herded through the game, walking down a scripted path, partaking in scripted events. There's two or three real moments where it appeared I had a choice to make but I don't know if they were genuine or not.

To its detriment, that was actually the point of the game. The loading screens even taunt you for sticking around.

Anyone have a link to the most recent ENB/Ice guide for GTAIV? The first attempt when I built my computer went horribly(game looked terrible) and I want to give it another go with the impending release of GTAV. Have the steam version, originally bought the retail version when the game came out on PC but disc 2 went missing so I sadly can't use it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
8VuhC7L.png

sticker,375x360.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
*impressed*

I'm on hour 64 and still on 14/22.

It's crazy because I was on my "Start your legacy +6" before I finally found all of the equipment blueprints. I did my +5 run all with a single life - it was awesome.

Guess I'll re-install Max Payne 3 next. I got nine hours into it and never bothered to finish it. Hopefully I've still got my old save file kicking around.

Guess I'll re-install Max Payne 3 next. I got nine hours into it and never bothered to finish it. Hopefully I've still got my old save file kicking around.

On a seventh playthough myself *Dances*

Those cutscenes really do get annoying after a while :D I hope that one day someone will find a solution to skip the loads.

They serve as loading screens don't they

They do but there are areas where it seems quite clear that the game is finished loading but still makes you wait a minute or so. Or areas that don't really need to be loaded because the next gameplay section takes place elsewhere and requires a different load.

I don't know, I have no clue as to how they designed the loading but there are places where you can skip a cutscene leading into a different area after 5 seconds of waiting and others where it's minutes of waiting. There's very little rhyme or reason as far as I can tell.

I was annoyed at the interminable cutscenes during my first and only playthrough...
Heh, I just browse on my laptop until it's done at this point.

Card Boy

Banned
Speaking of awesome games coming to Steam - I saw that Path of Exile is officially releasing on October 23rd and that they're working on integrating Steam features.

Even though the game has been in perpetual beta for about 2 years, this is really great news. I wonder if they'll keep their "free to play" game model...

A few points

• The article doesn't have a source
  • This is the only article mentioning this 'release date'
  • There is nothing at all mentioned on the PoE forums
  • Act 3 came out 8 months ago and is complete
  • PvP is out and came out like almost a year ago
  • The new class is most likely referring to the Shadow which came out last year

Chris from GGG said they would evetually like to get the game on Steam. Looks like you have a copy and paste job from September 2012.

Romir

Anyone know where I can buy an official wireless receiver for 360 controllers? Having trouble finding a Microsoft branded one.

Ebay item number 171107291103, 171102976603, or 231021452170. I've bought two from xlteam this year; one last month and they're legit. The drivers download automatically from windows update unlike the knock off ones.

Finally a member :D
To update on the previous post, it seems creating a new library location did the trick. In the process of re-validating the games(600gb of games). Thanks for everyone who gave suggestions!

FloatOn

It's crazy because I was on my "Start your legacy +6" before I finally found all of the equipment blueprints. I did my +5 run all with a single life - it was awesome.

insane. the levels themselves were not that tough for me but those bosses were infuriating.

really impressive work.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
After playing around 6 hours of dark souls I have to say that the game is glitchy as hell, every single boss or difficult enemy seems to think that suicide is their best option :/ and I always find myself being killed through a wall or column and finally I get to enjoy the most terrifying experience GFWL has to offer, literally the game kicks you out if you get disconnected from GFWL effectively saying: fuck you and your savegame, that has to be the most anticlimactic thing I ever experienced in a game. And it's hard.

Even so after all that I'm loving the shit out of it.

After playing around 6 hours of dark souls I have to say that the game is glitchy as hell, every single boss or difficult enemy seems to think that suicide is their best option :/

It has some rough edges and the last third of the game is to me clearly rushed and unfinished. But I'm glad you are pushing through that because it is still an overall amazing experience.

FloatOn

After playing around 6 hours of dark souls I have to say that the game is glitchy as hell, every single boss or difficult enemy seems to think that suicide is their best option :/ and I always find myself being killed through a wall or column and finally I get to enjoy the most terrifying experience GFWL has to offer, literally the game kicks you out if you get disconnected from GFWL effectively saying: fuck you and your savegame, that has to be the most anticlimactic thing I ever experienced in a game. And it's hard.

Even so after all that I'm loving the shit out of it.

in my 153 hours spent on the game I can't honestly recall suicidal enemies other than those blue drakes in the valley of the drakes and the skinny flying demons in anor londo.

sorry about the gfwl nonsense though. that's really unfortunate.

the good thing though is that you are playing one of the best video games of all time right now for the first time.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I think I'm too scary so they decide to just not face me :p, the only thing that really bothered me was that getting disconnected from GFWL kicks you out the game just like that, no warnings, no nothing and sadly my internet connection is not the best there is.

Sarcasm

It was buggy as hell for me. But I enjoyed it more on the PC with 60 FPS.

Especially since Parrying & Riposte was easier @ 60 FPS lol

FloatOn

Well if I remember correctly the game auto saves constantly and then again at bonfires so your save shouldn't be screwed up. I think there is an option to play offline, which kind of makes the game less fun but its still a great game even without invasions or jolly cooperation.

Nabs

Well if I remember correctly the game auto saves constantly and then again at bonfires so your save shouldn't be screwed up. I think there is an option to play offline, which kind of makes the game less fun but its still a great game even without invasions or jolly cooperation.

Yeah, the game saves all the time and when you get disconnected from GFWL it saves your progress and lets you load it up in offline mode.

What do you have to download to fix the framerate. The game looks all kinds wrong at 30fps.

DSFix has it all. Unlock the framerate and then set it to 30 or 60fps. You should also be able to set a hotkey in the dsfixkeys.ini file that'll toggle between the two.

DSFix has it all. Unlock the framerate and then set it to 30 or 60fps. You should also be able to set a hotkey in the dsfixkeys.ini file that'll toggle between the two.

I was always one of those 60fps/30fps who cares? type of people. Dark Souls at 60fps made me a believer.

Any known ini tweaks for Max Payne 3? Is there even an ini with such values? Couldn't find any. Was wondering if you could adjust the amount of wounds that can be on screen without having ones disappear.

Lint21

Neo Member
Its not. Take a look at the 'official' sticker on the unit.

The only way to get them anymore is through the controller or the headset. You have a knockoff.

The knockoffs work fine though. You just have to manually install the driver.

Official ones say Microsoft instead of Xbox 360.

I have a knockoff and works fine.

You guys made me curious - I didn't have to install a driver, but I don't see any "official" sticker. Here's a pic of what I got from Amazon. Grief is probably right, though, he usually is :)

sqQTO6k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom