• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got to the mothership for the first time in spelunky; man what a waste of a good run. so the high score is only your money on hand when you die? not cumulative with what you've spent? otherwise i have no idea how that's my high score.

they really need to add an option to make the HUD translucent. half of the time i get hit in the mines its just because a spider was hanging out behind the HUD where i had no chance to see it -_-.

Jawmuncher

Sudeki

oIAfsDl.png

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
I'll be grabbing this. I've wanted to play it forever. Really like the amount of older games making their way to steam.

Caerith

I'd like to envision these Japanese companies are just sitting around the boardroom, getting high, and making decisions. Or laying out a 'jump to conclusion board' and jumping away.
There really is no other explanation for their decisions.

"Hey Iwata, lets release our next portable console with a super low resolution screen, but use 3D instead! Oh and lets Region lock that shit and not include a second analog stick. And lets make our account system anit-consumer as well"
Nintendo has an account system?

(I just picture them sitting around saying "You know what I really hate? Left-handed people
and anyone darker than a light tan.
")

Ruze789

Looks like when I entered a few contests for Mirror's Edge earlier when Modbot was being slowww, I entered 4 and won 3 a half hour later. Used one, I'll give away the other two in the morning. Also after I used that one, I went ahead and got the over average bundle, so I'll have a Sims3 to give away too.

Thanks to Fantomena, nexen, and Krusenstern for offering up Mirrors Edge! Sorry for snapping up 3 codes while Modbot was sluggish, but I will pass on 2 codes later/ in the morning.

jediyoshi

I can't speak for Heavenly Sword or Enslaved, but the general consensus from the Devil May Cry audience is the combat is extremely watered down from previous iterations.

I also got the same impression from watching the enslaved review.
When IGN is saying the combat and gameplay is monotonous and dumbed down, you know there is a problem.

When the dmc series is the benchmark, watered down doesn't sound all too affecting

But oh god is heavenly sword worth seeing for its cutscenes

I wonder if the PC release of Enslaved will come with the DLC. It's supposed to be pretty good, but i didn't actually want to play more of that game when I was done. If it is bundled with the PC port like Dark Souls, I might grab it on a sale where the game is cheaper than what the DLC would be on consoles.

Jawmuncher

Enslaved was nice to look at but the gameplay was pretty average, middle of the road stuff. I would have been better off just watching a Lets Play of it, now that I think about it.

I bought it for 40 and personally think it's pretty good if taken as a budget title.
Enslaved on the PC would be a good fit especially if it comes out for 15 at launch.

I went to check out Steam after getting the Origin bundle only to see Thief 3 for $2.24, which probably means... yep, Thief 1-2-3 bundle for just $4.74. Aw, what the heck, I'll pay $2.50 to not to have find the discs. And hell, while I'm at it, I might as well get my pre-order down for Pac-Man CE DX+...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
DmC as a game is 100X better than either Heavenly Sword or Enslaved are.

Agreed, but that's not saying much. Their biggest issue with Enslaved and HS was performance. Good lord did they perform like trash, which would be mitigated somewheat with a PC release.

kuYuri

Enslaved at 1080p/60fps would be great regardless. I would be down.

Still have 360 copy sitting on shelf, I should really play that.

Manus

So if I only want to get one at the moment. Which should I get. Rogue Legacy or Spelunky? Going to get both eventually.

eyeless

enslaved was a great game, would buy 4 pc

dat alex garland

enslaved is like a good third uncharted game, nowhere else to find that

Tenrius

Speaking of Namco, the nicest thing they could do is a PC HD collection of PS2 Ace Combat games. And/or some (any) Katamari games. Ah dreams.

hitmon

Speaking of Namco, the nicest thing they could do is a PC HD collection of PS2 Ace Combat games. And/or some (any) Katamari games. Ah dreams.

I love the Ace Combat PS2 games, it would be a nice surprise should they decide to port them to PC.
I know its never going to happen.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
According to the giveaway receipts I've received, the following games are still available:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

XCOM Apocalypse -- MB-D9D2BD6B383A4BE5 - Taken by Cth
Company of Heroes -- MB-9411BC142BEFCC3B - Taken by BorntoPlay
DEFCON -- MB-C3637ECEDEEB18B5 - Taken by FloatingDivider
XCOM Interceptor -- MB-931BACD0A2667571 - Taken by Melted77
Gemini Wars -- MB-B3753E2844DDB622 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
XCOM Terror from the Deep -- MB-56D5A984F3AE010B - Taken by Ingueferroque
XCOM Enforcer -- MB-0D12A25EC372CF5D - Taken by Wario64
Uplink -- MB-BAADE6DDC9A0C43B - Taken by statham
Magicka -- MB-0BED0C75A9B6E93B - Taken by Fuu
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-7523A182134E49D9 - Taken by monsterfracas

Fox318

I'm pretty sure they are going to add Dead Space 2 as well as possibly Bulletstorm next week? I don't know though...I heard it somewhere earlier.

They could add Mass Effect 1 or 2 as well.

So many possibilities. Smart for them now more people will use Origin.

Wookieomg

Hello fellow GAFfers! I'm not sure if this is the appropriate topic for a newbie wanting to make new steam friends, but here goes anyway!

I've been following the Steam threads on GAF since early July, and I finally got approved. Huzzah! I'm looking to make some more friends on steam! Here's my community id: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Wookieomg

My irl group of friends are either console users or not as into gaming as I am. So help me populate my Steam account with awesome people! Thanks :D

Oh, and if anyone could toss me an invite to the GAF group on Steam, that would be fantastic. But if it's too soon for me to get invites to GAF-centric groups like that, I understand. Thanks all! I'm glad to finally be here!

Caerith

I don't get it, why left-handed people? FYI, I'm left-handed myself.
OT, but:
  • When Twilight Princess was coming to Wii, right-handed playtesters didn't like that they were waggling the stick in their right hand but Link was holding the sword in his left. So they mirrored the entire game. When left-handed players made the same complaint (holding stick in left hand, sword is in right), Nintendo acted like they were crazy.
  • Kid Icarus DS requires you to control with the analog stick and aim with the stylus. The stick is on the left, and left-handed people hold the stylus with their left hand.
  • In 2003, Satoru Iwata witnessed an orphan use her left hand to hold a crayon. In response, Iwata burned down the orphanage and ate the charred flesh of 327 orphans, claiming it gave him their strength.
This is all minor compared to their portrayals of strong female characters (they need to be sexualized and have men tell them what to do) and black people (they don't exist).

But, probably off-topic.
Why are there now three different versions of Street Fighter IV. I guess it's better than Street Fighter IV-3.
I only see two: vanilla and AE. Isn't Ultra going to be an update to AE?

yoshizzle

Hello fellow GAFfers! I'm not sure if this is the appropriate topic for a newbie wanting to make new steam friends, but here goes anyway!

I've been following the Steam threads on GAF since early July, and I finally got approved. Huzzah! I'm looking to make some more friends on steam! Here's my community id: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Wookieomg

My irl group of friends are either console users or not as into gaming as I am. So help me populate my Steam account with awesome people! Thanks :D

Oh, and if anyone could toss me an invite to the GAF group on Steam, that would be fantastic. But if it's too soon for me to get invites to GAF-centric groups like that, I understand. Thanks all! I'm glad to finally be here!
Welcome to GAF! :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if the PC release of Enslaved will come with the DLC. It's supposed to be pretty good, but i didn't actually want to play more of that game when I was done. If it is bundled with the PC port like Dark Souls, I might grab it on a sale where the game is cheaper than what the DLC would be on consoles.

The first rule of fashionably late PC ports is that you include all the DLC. ;) See: Alan Wake or Castlevania.

Caerith

Sent you a friendvite. (I can invite you to the group once we're friended, I think? It isn't showing up as an option at the moment.)

Should probably toss my profile out here as well in case we're about to have a friending party.

Turfster

From other post:
Dead Space 2
Bulletstorm
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
Medal of Honor: Airborne

All of them will be Steam + Origin

I will murder their dicks if they don't add this one.
Does it have the half-assed origin integration in the Steam version that the PS3 version had?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom