• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So are the HB games all together or are they separate this time? I have them except for Tower Wars (which I don't want) and the rest of Trine 2 (I have vanilla) If they aren't all together, perhaps someone got the bundle but had Trine 2 Complete....

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So are the HB games all together or are they separate this time? I have them except for Tower Wars (which I don't want) and the rest of Trine 2 (I have vanilla) If they aren't all together, perhaps someone got the bundle but had Trine 2 Complete....

separate; there's been like 20 copies given away so far so i'd just enter into one of the draws personally.

Turfster

Separate keys.

I finished Papo & Yo recently and really enjoyed it.

I came off of finishing The Saboteur which super overstayed it's welcome, and had me regretting finising it by the end, but Papo & Yo helped bring my spirits back up. Amazing soundtrack, and a lot of fun to play. It lasts the perfect amount of time too. You guys who've been sitting on it since the summer sale should get into that. It's gorgeous too:
7BC5DC55C85161E74E5779EE991D1C8FBFE1E0BD

7E8FC5F0739C7C1DAF3FE062BD5A032B3EA726BF

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
separate; there's been like 20 copies given away so far so i'd just enter into one of the draws personally.
To add to this, it seems to be relatively uncommon to get a single key for multiple games these days. Generally you only see it with single-developer/publisher bundles (ex: the Deep Silver bundle had a single key for the BTA games)

I wouldn't expect to see it much outside of that scenario anymore, since it takes longer and there's more hassle involved in creating bundles with Valve than it is to just request a shitload of individual keys from devs/pubs.

Khronico

Been lurking the forums for a long time and finally decided to get myself an account. I would like to thank everyone for keeping me up to date with steam news and keeping me generally entertained.

Also free games.

Welcome! Great way to start off, thank you!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
OK that's proof the throttle isn't working :/

GA: Claim Process: Reading posters from thread 651783
GA: Claim Process: Reading posters from thread 631011
GA: Claim Process: Poster nominally meets no-lurker requirements: Cth -- 100
GA: Claim Process Throttle: Poster has won 1 times in last week.
GA: Claim Process Thottle: Use 900
GA: Claim Process Throttle: Poster must not have a win since 1378948528
GA: Claims Process: I am going to give Brutal Legend to Cth. Added to PM Queue.
GA: Claim Process: Begin post edit mark, looking for post to edit out
GA: Claim Process: Did not find an edit URL, begin thread search
GA: Claim Process: I am looking for the key MB-F016866C8CB328D6
GA: Claim Process: I am opening http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=651
783&page=999999&nojs=1
GA: Claims Process: Succesfully located edit URL, proceeding to edit. http://www
.neogaf.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=81340373&nojs=1
GA: Claim Process: Go back one more page to 999998
GA: Claim Process: Edited out key F016866C8CB328D6
GA: PM Queue: PM Sent to Cth with subject You win Brutal Legend! using ModBot 1

GA: Claim Process: Reading posters from thread 651783
GA: Claim Process: Reading posters from thread 631011
GA: Claim Process: Poster nominally meets no-lurker requirements: Cth -- 100
GA: Claim Process Throttle: Poster has won 2 times in last week.
GA: Claim Process Thottle: Use 900
GA: Claim Process Throttle: Poster must not have a win since 1378948664

ok so it's correctly calculating the cutoff for the throttle, but not correctly calculating past wins for the global throttle.

The daily, weekly, and monthly throttles are working, why is the base throttle not?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't know if people giving would prefer it to go to someone who doesn't have the game at all, rather than just someone upgrading.

BruteUA

OK that's proof the throttle isn't working :/

GA: Claim Process Throttle: Poster has paid the appropriate bribe.

ok so it's correctly calculating the cutoff for the throttle, but not correctly calculating past wins for the global throttle.

Double check and make sure this line isn't in there.

Thanks RuinKaos for Bientot lete. I'll admit I had never even heard of it before seeing the raffle...but it looks like something I would enjoy.

Turfster

Great. Hamilton's Adventure is QWERTY by default, and the only thing I find for turning it AZERTY is "go to help & options, controls". Guess what, that setting no longer seems to exist. I hate today.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
OMG it was such a bonehead mistake. in the code that marked you as too recent a winner for the global throttle, the debug message that said you were too recent a winner had a syntax error in it, and the way that particular section of code was set up, that syntax error gave you the benefit of the doubt and made you win. *slaps forehead*

Problem solved. Sorry for any givers who feel negatively impacted because someone broke the 15 minute throttle timer. :/

Now I just need to fix the unicode thing for brutal legend.

Retne

Since I haven't seen someone say it in a few pages thanks Stumpokapow for working on and debugging ModBot. It's made the steam thread a nicer place and encouraged a lot more giving than I'd seen before it's creation. It's also gotten a lot of lurkers like myself to contribute more to the steam thread (even if it's brought out people who spam until they hit 5...).

Cth

Thanks RuinKaos for Bientot lete. I'll admit I had never even heard of it before seeing the raffle...but it looks like something I would enjoy.

It's a great beach walking simulator :)

I haven't played much of the other aspects of the game, but it's kinda relaxing.

EDIT:
Whoa.. finally won! Thanks RuinKaos! Traded in my Brutal Legend long ago and wanted to finish it!

OMG it was such a bonehead mistake. in the code that marked you as too recent a winner for the global throttle, the debug message that said you were too recent a winner had a syntax error in it, and the way that particular section of code was set up, that syntax error gave you the benefit of the doubt and made you win. *slaps forehead*

Problem solved. Sorry for any givers who feel negatively impacted because someone broke the 15 minute throttle timer. :/

BTW, is ModBot under heavy load? I sent some keys something like 10 minutes ago and haven't heard back from Skynet 2.0 yet!

Kifimbo

Can you tell me who's the other member who wanted Painkiller Recurring Evil ?

Cth

Any chance I can find out who entered for Sacraboar? I've been in that 2nd place spot and I'd like to pass the key along to them if possible.

EDIT:
Thanks Stumpokapow, hope I didn't mess things up.

zkylon

zkylewd
so started I am alive and was thinking this game might be pretty cool in survivor difficulty but really the retry mechanic is insane

statham

stump, you need to get a patent on this

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
so started I am alive and was thinking this game might be pretty cool in survivor difficulty but really the retry mechanic is insane

Don't play survivor on the first run. No shame in normal. I Am Alive just requires a lot of patience and planning. Don't try to play it like an action game. Take your time.

Kifimbo

Had to give something back.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- MB-89B427EF47288F55 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 3 entrants total.

t1378952390z1.png

Fox318

ModBot said:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fox318, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-822387CF8506F3F8 - Taken by FOX_
FTL -- MB-55CE6E2BF6BFF936 - Taken by Atraveller

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Fixed umlaut issue. Unicode game titles should work now. :)

If you had any issues sending over last 10-15 mins or faced the umlaut issue, go bonkers.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Looks like no Paranautical Activity for me. I have the Paypal receipt confirming I purchased it, but it isn't on my Groupees profile.

I think I'm going to stop buying bundles that are from Humble.

To redeem The Showdown Effect Pre-Order Bonus Items, you need to own The Showdown Effect. These keys should be valid, if not, I'm really sorry.

ModBot said:

I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

War of the Roses -- MB-2EE2B9D82D9CE4E6 - Taken by Volotaire. 2 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect Pre-Order Bonus Items #4 -- MB-16F1962F1F41DCA1 - Taken by r3n4ud. 1 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect Pre-Order Bonus Items #3 -- MB-AFE0D31706E09DCA - Taken by drizzle. 1 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect Pre-Order Bonus Items #2 -- MB-6E281C026E4ECFC1 - Taken by derExperte. 1 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-CD09B70272C6E0D0
The 39 Steps -- MB-E8FC83F5B36A383C - Taken by Nabs. 2 entrants total.
Warlock Master of the Arcane -- MB-EDA891D8EDFAC265 - Taken by ZeroXZee. 1 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-7DF430689A5F2CCF - Taken by Pestilence11. 1 entrants total.
Dungeonland -- MB-E4DAC8210263AA12 - Taken by alr1ght. 3 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect Pre-Order Bonus Items -- MB-C7D4E284979FD359 - Taken by jshackles. 2 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect -- MB-712635FDCC786719 - Taken by ieavei. 2 entrants total.
The Whispered World -- MB-3FCE759CEB0C2DE4 - Taken by liezryou. 1 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise -- MB-24742194C462F52D - Taken by BorntoPlay. 2 entrants total.
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-07891DEFB56BCA8A - Taken by didamangi. 2 entrants total.
Mirrors Edge -- MB-DF3FE9FA2CE90A2E
Europa Universalis 3 Complete -- MB-D056E8268D9B5C22 - Taken by Motorbreath. 1 entrants total.

t1378953201z1.png

derExperte

Looks like no Paranautical Activity for me. I have the Paypal receipt confirming I purchased it, but it isn't on my Groupees profile.

I think I'm going to stop buying bundles that are from Humble.

Send them an email with the transaction number, it took a few days but they merged three bundles I bought.

To redeem The Showdown Effect Pre-Order Bonus Items, you need to own The Showdown Effect. These keys should be valid, if not, I'm really sorry.

Took one of them, thx.

rybrad

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-82BCA537CA34415F - Taken by Deadbeat. 2 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-4F840208E2E35B7D - Taken by creamsugar. 2 entrants total.

t1378953292z1.png
Hopefully there is someone left who doesn't have and wants these games.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Dust. Without exaggeration, it's among the best games I've played this year, right there with Deus Ex, Arkham Asylum and Runner 2. So, so good. Man, where did those 18 hours go?

Only 5 achievements left, for which I plan on using a guide someday (1 friend left, 2 challenge rooms with 4 stars and a couple of secret or skill-based achievements).

And I knew I wasn't crazy due to some parts of the game reminding me of Jazz Jackrabbit 2. According to the game's Wikipedia page, "A self-taught illustrator and animator, [Noogy] had previously done artwork and cinematics on Epic Games' Jazz Jackrabbit 2..." Congrats Noogy, your game is amazing.

Not just the retry mechanic, the climbing mechanic and... pretty much everything, really.
Such a pity.
Yup. It looked cool on paper, and even on screenshots. Actually playing it is a drag.

oipic

Guess I'll bite on yet another bundle... ~$4.50 sounds reasonable just for Brutal Legend and FEZ, I guess. So, so many bundles, seem to be buying at least one per week at the moment.

(X weekly sale tomorrow, please).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom