• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
One of the best games of 2012.

Its a mix of stealth genre with a puzzle game from a 2D perspective with Klei's amazing artwork.

Thief II and Chaos Theory?

I should have stated "these days", as I do love classics like Thief II and Commandos series, and greatly miss the desire to build such work when I see titles like the most recent Thief and Splinter Cell.

Tesseract

Banned
I think I'm going to add an option to Modbot for raffles that take pity on less frequent winners. So if you do a 15 minute raffle, say, and 25 people enter--it'll choose between the 8 people who entered with no previous Modbot wins rather than the full 25. Of course if only 1 enters, he or she will get it... or if all 3 people who enter are semi-frequent winners, no problem. And once it goes first-come first-serve, then whoever gets it gets it. But at least this will get more people invested in the system when it comes to high popularity raffles.

neat, spread the love.

Parsnip

Figured I should give away my extras from HB9 as well.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

FEZ -- MB-1FD4091FE10CDC1F - Taken by yoshizzle
Brutal Legend -- MB-9B9C0FCF09F3A3D0 - Taken by Sajjaja
Trine 2 Complete Story -- MB-D43047F36600DD98 - Taken by LiquidSolid
FTL -- MB-12E4D3973FC63FFE - Taken by delirium

I think I'm going to add an option to Modbot for raffles that take pity on less frequent winners. So if you do a 15 minute raffle, say, and 25 people enter--it'll choose between the 8 people who entered with no previous Modbot wins rather than the full 25. Of course if only 1 enters, he or she will get it... or if all 3 people who enter are semi-frequent winners, no problem. And once it goes first-come first-serve, then whoever gets it gets it. But at least this will get more people invested in the system when it comes to high popularity raffles.

Oh sweet. I've only entered one (and didn't get it) so now I get a free win :p

Derrick01

Banned
So.

This Mark of the Ninja game, right?

It's the best stealth game you're going to get now that the genre is basically dead. Thief will be the final casualty next year. The excessive checkpointing is kind of a problem but like I said, you won't find a better pure stealth game in recent years.

Cru

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-2B189A236E7527F9 - Taken by TheSeks

Cru

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

header_292x136.jpg

FEZ -- MB-BF1969CB04D166EA - Taken by jediyoshi. 6 entrants total.

t1378958196z1.png

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
What a twist.
well normal made it sound like it'd be easy like usual
The way the game is played makes the higher difficulty a bit pointless, I feel. On normal, you're still going to struggle to get by. You'll just always have just enough to manage.

I did have extra supplies by the time the game finished, though. I'm an item hoarder, so that's usually how it goes.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

Turfster

Got a foil after like, 4 months! Yay! But it's a Krater foil worth like, 50 cents. It really is that kind of day...

Oh wow, second bonus of the groupees bundle is Fortix.

Cru

Couple more codes.

ModBot said:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-9E6DFE1FEF2FBA41 - Taken by maneil99
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-20116654DC715C67 - Taken by Ingueferroque

Depends. It can range from 10-40 minutes depending on how many battles I have. I just had a few big ones, so it took forever.

Then the game froze right when I was about to save and I'm going to have to repeat that bullshit tomorrow. Joy.
I mean, how long does it take for your PC to process all the AI movements after you hit "end turn".

maty

I just beat Giana Sisters on normal difficulty, FUCK those bosses!!! I can't imagine what it would like playing on uber hardcore when dying means restarting the game from level 1-1.

Now I'll be going for 5 stars in each level, it's going to take a while :/

Mine is about the same time, but I have books with me.

Sounds like a good idea. I usually listen to podcasts while playing through the game though, occasionally pausing to listen to the pre-battle speeches. The soundtrack is nowhere near as good as RTW's, so I don't think I'm missing much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom