• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rybrad

Just finished Dust. Without exaggeration, it's among the best games I've played this year, right there with Deus Ex, Arkham Asylum and Runner 2. So, so good. Man, where did those 18 hours go?

Only 5 achievements left, for which I plan on using a guide someday (1 friend left, 2 challenge rooms with 4 stars and a couple of secret or skill-based achievements).

And I knew I wasn't crazy due to some parts of the game reminding me of Jazz Jackrabbit 2. According to the game's Wikipedia page, "A self-taught illustrator and animator, [Noogy] had previously done artwork and cinematics on Epic Games' Jazz Jackrabbit 2..." Congrats Noogy, your game is amazing.
I am completely with you on Dust. I had no interest until it came to PC and it ended up being one of my favorite games of the year. I would say it is definitely close to the top of my list of favorite indie games all time. As a nice bonus Noogy is a real swell guy and contributor here.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That modbot countdown timer is automatic?
OocT53I.jpg

thx Dimitri2401

Damn, I bought Brutal Legend last week when it was $5. The only game I don't have is Fez so I think I'll wait till next week to see what the bonuses are.

Grief.exe

Just finished Dust. Without exaggeration, it's among the best games I've played this year, right there with Deus Ex, Arkham Asylum and Runner 2. So, so good. Man, where did those 18 hours go?

Only 5 achievements left, for which I plan on using a guide someday (1 friend left, 2 challenge rooms with 4 stars and a couple of secret or skill-based achievements).

And I knew I wasn't crazy due to some parts of the game reminding me of Jazz Jackrabbit 2. According to the game's Wikipedia page, "A self-taught illustrator and animator, [Noogy] had previously done artwork and cinematics on Epic Games' Jazz Jackrabbit 2..." Congrats Noogy, your game is amazing.

I thought the worst part of Dust was getting those last few achievements. I should have done them later like you plan on doing.

Just gets monotonous.

I never win these things but hopefully some of you will be luckier, enjoy.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark Of The Ninja -- MB-2059F2BD64CF6738 - Taken by kurahador. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-EFCED33D863DAF45
Mirror's Edge -- MB-48C7D8EC48FFB07F - Taken by KenOD. 1 entrants total.
Trine 2 Complete -- MB-467A1541FE09ED07 - Taken by Sarcasm. 4 entrants total.
Crysis 2 -- MB-90D747DF26007A66
FTL -- MB-8868B829004C09F7 - Taken by FOX_. 2 entrants total.

t1378954371z1.png

Zeliard

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified Stumpokapows who abuse love and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-C70A3B2293BF6C28 - Taken by JDHarbs

An amazing game everyone needs.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I am completely with you on Dust. I had no interest until it came to PC and it ended up being one of my favorite games of the year. I would say it is definitely close to the top of my list of favorite indie games all time. As a nice bonus Noogy is a real swell guy and contributor here.
Yup, totally agree. I only bought it because of the praise it got from fellow SteamGAFfers, and I'm glad I did. Guys, let me say you have some damn fine taste.

For me, Dust is one of those games that I played 5 hours of and really enjoyed. But then just stopped playing for no real good reason.
I was afraid this would be my case too (except I didn't enjoy much of the first 2 hours or so), when Castlevania was close to being released on Steam. But a couple of days before I decided to finish it before starting LoS. In hindsight, I can honestly say I've never been more right in my life.

I thought the worst part of Dust was getting those last few achievements. I should have done them later like you plan on doing.

Just gets monotonous.
Actually, I tried to do them before finishing it. Couldn't find the last friend, even though I had an idea of where it could be located thanks to one of the notes I'd collected previously. The 2 remaining challenge rooms were also impossible for me to 4-star, and I'm pretty sure one of the secret achievements requires me to restart the game. No idea about the other one, and the skill-based one (
kill 6 enemies with a single bomb
) was much harder than I thought, so I'll check a guide to see where I can pull it off easily.

Also spent about 30 minutes or so grinding, spread across 3 or 4 sessions. That wasn't boring because the combat feels so good, and all the crazy shit going on in the screen made it appealing to look at.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
To redeem The Showdown Effect Pre-Order Bonus Items, you need to own The Showdown Effect. These keys should be valid, if not, I'm really sorry.

Awesome giveaway! Thanks for the Showdown Effect bonus items!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like there is a new beta client update that is being pushed out. Among other things they've apparently removed the "NEW" above your username in the default skin.

Nothing different on the website, yet. Interestingly enough this is something I implemented in the latest version of Enhanced Steam last week.

zkylon

zkylewd
First time through on survivor is a bad idea.
I guess? the only thing I mind are the retries

Not just the retry mechanic, the climbing mechanic and... pretty much everything, really.
Such a pity.
it's a mid-budget janky game, if there's some ambition there I'm in

Don't play survivor on the first run. No shame in normal. I Am Alive just requires a lot of patience and planning. Don't try to play it like an action game. Take your time.
well normal made it sound like it'd be easy like usual

DaBoss

Hallelujah, that new thing was there for far too long.

The music, art direction and writing are stellar, as is the overworld. The rts battles are kinda naff, though. Still, I had fun.
Some people don't like the RTS part.

Hmm, OK. Seems like it has a nice overall package. Thanks.

Lovely dialogue and story, strong voice acting, truly great soundtrack, and a very well-designed and inventive setting, as you'd expect from a Tim Schafer game, but the gameplay mechanics have gotten a decidedly mixed reception (leaning towards the negative). The game starts off as a basic though enjoyable enough 3D action game before introducing some RTS-like elements later on, which you may or may not find appealing.

I'd say go for it if you want another Tim Schafer adventure game, as the game still resembles one in many respects. You can always turn it down to easy if you want to mostly fly through the combat stuff and just enjoy the story.

For $1 you can't really go wrong, anyway. :p

Yea, but was asking to determine whether to give it away or backlog it. :p

Sounds like the game has a bit of variety.

Zeliard

Ahh, should have checked.

How is Brutal Legend?

Lovely dialogue and story, strong voice acting, truly great soundtrack, and a very well-designed and inventive setting, as you'd expect from a Tim Schafer game, but the gameplay mechanics have gotten a decidedly mixed reception (leaning towards the negative). The game starts off as a basic though enjoyable enough 3D action game before introducing some RTS-like elements later on, which you may or may not find appealing.

I'd say go for it if you want another Tim Schafer adventure game, as the game still resembles one in many respects. You can always turn it down to easy if you want to mostly fly through the combat stuff and just enjoy the story.

For $1 you can't really go wrong, anyway. :p

Turfster

So.

This Mark of the Ninja game, right?

Eh, it's a bit of grindy bore, with shit music and graphics that look like ms paint exploded all over the screen.
It's one of the best stealth games of the last like, 5-10 years, and I finished it twice. Get it if you haven't played it yet, seriously.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I know some of you have been enjoying what Adult Swim has been putting on Steam, so I figured I'd drop this here.

http://games.adultswim.com/pause-ahead-puzzle-online-game.html

I'm not finished with it yet, so I can't say if it would be meaty enough to make "deluxe" edition of for Steam, but I'm enjoying it so far (and that music, rich creamery butter).

So far I've mostly preferred the Adult Swim games that appear on iOS, but stuff like this generally would be nice if built up and with a controller.

So.

This Mark of the Ninja game, right?

Stealth done right. If only we could get a 3D geometry game to be even close as rewarding for this genre. Well, maybe without the birds.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think I'm going to add an option to Modbot for raffles that take pity on less frequent winners. So if you do a 15 minute raffle, say, and 25 people enter--it'll choose between the 8 people who entered with no previous Modbot wins rather than the full 25. Of course if only 1 enters, he or she will get it... or if all 3 people who enter are semi-frequent winners, no problem. And once it goes first-come first-serve, then whoever gets it gets it. But at least this will get more people invested in the system when it comes to high popularity raffles.

Turfster

I think I'm going to add an option to Modbot for raffles that take pity on less frequent winners. So if you do a 15 minute raffle, say, and 25 people enter--it'll choose between the 8 people who entered with no previous Modbot wins rather than the full 25. Of course if only 1 enters, he or she will get it... or if all 3 people who enter are semi-frequent winners, no problem. And once it goes first-come first-serve, then whoever gets it gets it. But at least this will get more people invested in the system when it comes to high popularity raffles.

Sounds good. Lots of people are modbotting without any nowinner options (which of course is their prerogative) and I saw quite a lot of the same names pass multiple times in the last 12 hours.

Thief II and Chaos Theory?

Those are both more than 10 years old, though. (Well, 9 and change for Chaos Theory, but Thief 2 is the better stealth game of the two anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom