• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

I left the game on the first boss, so I can only imagine the others are even worse. Great game until then, but I didn't like that boss fight.

I hated the first boss because it came after a long ass level. I don't understand why they did that.

I'm not liking Giana Sisters. It's a beautiful game, but I'm just not having any fun playing it. Lets see if the second boss makes me rage delete it.

Arthea

I still don't quite understand how this sharing thing works. I have too many questions even to start asking. Well, we'll seen how it works some day.

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.blinkbundle.com/

Looks like lots of well known games in it. Obviously we dont know how the pricing will be done, but worth keeping an eye on.

bundle with FF7 in it? I can't believe it. SE wouldn't agree to it, not in a thousand years. Or they have no say?

Jintor

Aww great, Steam doesn't want to exist anymore... the process exists after login but it's not in the taskbar or an active program...

Arthea

Aww great, Steam doesn't want to exist anymore... the process exists after login but it's not in the taskbar or an active program...

Dunno about you, but many people had problems with steam yesterday (getting on steam for example), myself including, may be problems persist?

What is that X Bundle everyone is talking about?

It's wishful thinking, that's all. Like Half Life 3 being announced [constantly].

I think it's an old space sim that's being remade [using Kickstarter?] so nerds highly respected fellow GAFers are hoping there will be a bundle of the original games.

Possibly.

vvvv lol

MRORANGE

Happy Birthday Steam!

What a long way you have come from.

9QULkj2.gif

If I nuke a ModBot gift that is unclaimed does ModBot PM me to confirm that it is nuked so I can re-list it, give the key away otherwise?

I'm trying to give a key I nuked away but the other GAFer isn't able to activate it.

EDIT - sorry, after reading further I found this:

You will not receive a response or feedback, and the original post will not be edited to reflect that your claim has been relinquished, but the key will be removed from ModBot

As you were.

Leonsito

My company is looking for programmers and I'm in charge of reading them and interview the candidates.

One of them had in his CV a final list of "valuable assets", thinks like, works well in teams, drive license, languages spoken and... "Steam library over 260 games", fantastic.

My company is looking for programmers and I'm in charge of reading them and interview the candidates.

One of them had in his CV a final list of "valuable assets", thinks like, works well in teams, drive license, languages spoken and... "Steam library over 260 games", fantastic.

lol

They didn't list intelligence as one of their assets then!

"Sorry, I'm gonna have to ask for a reference on that claim. My request to be on your steam family share plan will be with you in five minutes"

Looking at their steam library will tell you a lot more than the usual CV rubbish. 160 hours in Skyrim is it? PASS.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Well to be fair, I also put this statistic on my last resume. But I was applying to work at Valve so I thought it was relevant. :)

Deques

Groupees has added steam keys for Paranautical Activity in BeMine 8. At least for me I got the key. Check your profile if you got yours

Leonsito

To be honest, it's one of the best candidates, we are looking for game programmers for some Unity3D projects, so it may be a good idea to show that you have a lot of games, in fact, the first thing I will ask him is how many of them has he finished.

oipic

Happy Birthday Steam!

What a long way you have come from.

9QULkj2.gif

So many feels. All the feels. I'm so bummed that I lost access to my day one Steam account, and now only have a piddly six years on the clock. C'est la vie - the memories are intact.

The Steam Birthday Spirit is strong in you, Monsieur d'Orange - bless you, and bless SteamGAF! It is here that I feel most at home on the vast interwebs, and there are few things I'm prouder of than my Steam friends list (of which many of you are a part).

(yes, I'm drinking in...umm, celebration)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Don't know how this slipped by me:

Nvidia Geforce Website said:
While on stage, Infinity Ward made several other announcements that are sure to please PC gamers and fans of the mega franchise. First and foremost, the PC version will support dedicated multiplayer servers, ensuring the optimum online experience for frag addicts. Secondly, Call of Duty Elite will be rolled out on the PC, giving players access to all the services of the popular online portal. And finally, the Call of Duty Elite smartphone app will also grant access to the same PC stats and services, letting gamers manage their profile while on the go.

Hopefully they don't fuck it up and leave it only to custom game modes like MW3.

r3n4ud

Superfrog sucked back in the day, and it sucks now.
Yes, it does :/

I picked it up on Desura a few weeks ago. The controls didn't feel right, especially the jumping. It's tricky as well because when you jump on a bad guy, they do not die, like in other similar platformers. You just bounce on and off of them which is strange. I did enjoy the retro graphics, but that all the game has going for it.

O Tavares

Neo Member
Well to be fair, I also put this statistic on my last resume. But I was applying to work at Valve so I thought it was relevant. :)

Valve should look into your cv, at least. You've shown a lot of dedication through your own Enhanced Steam version. Actually, someone with your mindset is what they need to finally start thinking about updating the outdated and unorganized mess that Steam is. Best of luck, mate.

oipic

Valve should look into your cv, at least. You've shown a lot of dedication through your own Enhanced Steam version. Actually, someone with your mindset is what they need to finally start thinking about updating the outdated and unorganized mess that Steam is. Best of luck, mate.

Seconded, thirded, or whatever we're up to now - I should pluck up the courage to email Gabe/someone at Valve, really.

There is clearly some clever lateral thinking and open third eye shit going down at Valve in the commerce, marketing and customer mind-control areas, but something is lacking in the client/user experience space... and with every iterative update of Enhanced Steam, that gap looks more and more jshackles shaped.

Seconded, thirded, or whatever we're up to now - I should pluck up the courage to email Gabe/someone at Valve, really.

There is clearly some clever lateral thinking and open third eye shit going down at Valve in the commerce, marketing and customer mind-control areas, but something is lacking in the client/user experience space... and with every iterative update of Enhanced Steam, that gap looks more and more jshackles shaped.

I think a large problem would be all the linking to third party sites that valve wouldn't want to "endorse" or what not. Granted that would be easy to remove and keep all the rest of the improvements.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Thanks! There have been a good number of features I've added and thought "If I do this, my chances of working at Valve will go down considerably." Things like historical price data, custom profile backgrounds, and Indie bundle integration.

I guess I figure if they recognize the talent and dedication but decide to not hire me based on these things, I probably don't want to work there anyway.

Plus they're cool features and users deserve them.

Haha awesome! Seriously guys - email Gabe! At the very least join the official "Enhanced Ste@m" group on Steam. When I met with Valve one of things they were really interested in was not only the number of Enhanced Steam users but also the number of users in my Steam group.

To be honest, it's one of the best candidates, we are looking for game programmers for some Unity3D projects, so it may be a good idea to show that you have a lot of games, in fact, the first thing I will ask him is how many of them has he finished.

Then I withdraw my previous comment and apologise to the gentleman in question.

Sorry, I completely missed the fact that you were hiring a programmer.

Don't you just love the smell of self ownage in the morning afternoon? :/

Deques

Haha awesome! Seriously guys - email Gabe! At the very least join the official "Enhanced Ste@m" group on Steam. When I met with Valve one of things they were really interested in was not only the number of Enhanced Steam users but also the number of users in my Steam group.

Just to show you my support I have joined your group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom