• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

SNK is pretty much KoF, SamSho, Garou, Fatal Fury, and Metal Slug. Not that I'm complaining, I'd love all those games to be on steam.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
SNK has plenty of games that are still worth playing. Alpha Mission, Athena, Ikari Warriors, Psycho Soldier, King of the Monsters, Twinkle Star Sprites (competitive shmup is amazing), and plenty of others as ports or new versions of.

That said I would love to see Metal Slug games on Steam, but not just more ports of the arcade games. Nay, I want something like Metal Slug 1st Mission from the Neo Geo Pocket Color ported over and enhanced. All those numerous paths and secrets you could discover were quite fun back in the day and would stand up well enough now.

eyeless

is3iEvEgjHVNc.png
kof store page kinda just blew my mind

is this the only store page where they use an image that takes up the whole background

if so why
why all the sudden
if you can why haven't other people

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
SNK has plenty of games that are still worth playing. Alpha Mission, Athena, Ikari Warriors, Psycho Soldier, King of the Monsters, Twinkle Star Sprites (competitive shmup is amazing), and plenty of others as ports or new versions of.

That said I would love to see Metal Slug games on Steam, but not just more ports of the arcade games. Nay, I want something like Metal Slug 1st Mission from the Neo Geo Pocket Color ported over and enhanced. All those numerous paths and secrets you could discover were quite fun back in the day and would stand up well enough now.

Twinkle Star Sprites would be wonderful if they put in some good netcode.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
kof store page kinda just blew my mind

is this the only store page where they use an image that takes up the whole background

if so why
why all the sudden
if you can why haven't other people

Publishers have been able to set a store page background for yonks; SNK's just taken the novel approach of cutting out a chunk from the background image and setting it as the first gallery image so the two more or less form a whole.

Knurek

SNK really doesn't have much of a catalog outside of Metal Slug and KOF.

4 Samurai Shodown and 2 The Last Blade games, Art of Fighting 3, Fatal Fury (starting from 3rd one they get so good), Neo Turf Masters, Blazing Star.

Enough to fill a few years with releases.

eyeless

Publishers have been able to set a store page background for yonks; SNK's just taken the novel approach of cutting out a chunk from the background image and setting it as the first gallery image so the two more or less form a whole.
yeah that's cool but i'm talking about how they have an image that takes up the whole background as opposed to how the bg images are needlessly cut off on other store pages
ie:

JaseC

yeah that's cool but i'm talking about how they have an image that takes up the whole background as opposed to how the bg images are needlessly cut off on other store pages
ie:

Oh, I see. I wonder if there are any other examples of games with full-width backgrounds.

Copons

Oh, I see. I wonder if there are any other examples of games with full-width backgrounds.

It isn't a full-width background though, just a very wide one (2000px, compared to, say, the 1004px of Arma 3 one).
If you try to zoom out in the browser, you'll eventually notice that even the KOF one is cut off.

JaseC

It isn't a full-width background though, just a very wide one (2000px, compared to, say, the 1004px of Arma 3 one).
If you try to zoom out in the browser, you'll eventually notice that even the KOF one is cut off.

Fill-widthesque, then. ;)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
What time does Steam usually update each day? Nothing on there at the moment to recognise their 10th birthday, wonder if they have anything planned after all. Did they do anything for any other birthday?

ArjanN

What time does Steam usually update each day? Nothing on there at the moment to recognise their 10th birthday, wonder if they have anything planned after all. Did they do anything for any other birthday?

Much later in the day.

Also, there's the family sharing beta.

Seanspeed

Banned
15 minutes have gone by without a response from Modbot.

Can I still give those codes away on here manually, or are they used up now? Not sure how the system works.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Can I still give those codes away on here manually, or are they used up now? Not sure how the system works.
Stupid question, but did you definitely send them to Modbot and not Modbot 2 or 3? I've accidentally done that before and you don't get a response.

Why doesn't ModBot send me the codes to use for a giveaway? Does he also have problems with ' by any chance?

Some characters make modbot go broke.

There was an issue with umlauts earlier.

You can nuke the keys and try again without any unicode characters

Just sned a PM to modbot with something like this
Title: nuke these keys
Body:
GHHH-EH11-J1J2
ABCD-EFGH-EEEE
LOKE-JOKE-ROTE

Seanspeed

Banned
Yes, you can, but I would not recommend that. The EA Origin humble bundle thread was a lurker heaven.

You can put the codes in with the [ email][/ email] tags and posters would have to quote you to see the codes.

Yea, I don't plan on pasting the codes on the forum for everyone to see, I just wanted to make sure the codes weren't used up by ModBot already or something, so I wasn't giving away bum codes.

Thanks.

So uh......

Giving away FEZ, FTL and Mark of the Ninja.

PM if you want one and actually want to play it, not just have a pretty addition to your backlog. ;)

One game per person. If I get multiple responses for a game, I'll pick at random. I wont respond back to each PM to say "sorry you didn't get it", so just assume after 5 minutes that you didn't win for whatever reason. Sorry in advance!

The_Monk

I hope people can give Trine 2 a chance. I finished on the PS3 but I believe it's worth if not for the looks. The game looks really shiny in my opinion.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm set the difficulty to normal in I am alive down and now the game's littered with resources. so weird.

we'll see.

I really want a new game to play and can't find the right one.

Copons

I hope people can give Trine 2 a chance. I finished on the PS3 but I believe it's worth if not for the looks. The game looks really shiny in my opinion.

Is it any different than Trine 1? I played some of it back when it came out in an old Humble Bundle, but I never liked it and I thought of just idling Trine 2 for cards. :(

The_Monk

Is it any different than Trine 1? I played some of it back when it came out in an old Humble Bundle, but I never liked it and I thought of just idling Trine 2 for cards. :(

I'm actually not quite sure fellow GAFfer.
I went the other way around. Played 2 hours of the first but I've put more hours on Trine 2. The Art is amazing and colors are just fresh and bright, it would seem to be better than the first, but again, it's been a long time since I played the first. Give it a try someday, after a long day of work for some relaxing experience.

Nah. Maybe Forza 6. ;)

Phew, nice. Sometimes I feel I'm the only one from Forza-GAF not getting an Xbox One of Forza 5. I wanted just for Forza but... times are quite harsh in here, it's ridiculous.

I think I'm going to add an option to Modbot for raffles that take pity on less frequent winners. So if you do a 15 minute raffle, say, and 25 people enter--it'll choose between the 8 people who entered with no previous Modbot wins rather than the full 25. Of course if only 1 enters, he or she will get it... or if all 3 people who enter are semi-frequent winners, no problem. And once it goes first-come first-serve, then whoever gets it gets it. But at least this will get more people invested in the system when it comes to high popularity raffles.

Love it. I was hoping you would be able to add something like this at some point :).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just beat Giana Sisters on normal difficulty, FUCK those bosses!!! I can't imagine what it would like playing on uber hardcore when dying means restarting the game from level 1-1.

Now I'll be going for 5 stars in each level, it's going to take a while :/
I left the game on the first boss, so I can only imagine the others are even worse. Great game until then, but I didn't like that boss fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom