• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actiss

I think Prey was the first non-Valve game that I ever bought on Steam. According to my account history I bought it back on March 29, 2008 for $4.95. I think it was a weekend deal.

...and I still have yet to play it.

EDIT: Ooooo, thank you Motorbreath for Mark of the Ninja!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
RionaaM;81511601[URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F3EFMKQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20" said:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F3EFMKQ[/URL]

It's not discounted yet, but it will in a few days.

Ah, I have all three games. Sleepy Dogs and Hitman have been on sale a lot lately.

Grief.exe

I think Prey was the first non-Valve game that I ever bought on Steam. According to my account history I bought it back on March 29, 2008 for $4.95. I think it was a weekend deal.

...and I still have yet to play it.

That is an interesting game, what was the first non-Valve game you purchased on Steam?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I bought Rogue Legacy for full price and don't regret it in the slightest. If you can get it for less than 2 dollars you are making out like a thief.
It's not a matter of how much I'll be paying out of my pocket, what bothers me is the fact that the $7.08 I have in my Wallet thanks to cards will get me much more on a proper sale, where there's stuff at 75% off.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
"Bonus" isn't the word I'd use for most of those things.
Are they bad? If they are in the "so bad it's good" category, then fine. If not...

Oh well, I have spent way more money on worse things, like Hitman Absolution and
Dark Souls (not trolling, I just didn't get $30 worth of enjoyment out of it at all)

BruteUA

Duke Nukem Megaton is a blast (heh). It's been well over a decade since I've played Duke 3D, but I still remember where all the secret doors and stuff are. But now the wife and kids are threatening pain of death if I don't stop talking in a Duke voice.

Turfster

Are they bad? If they are in the "so bad it's good" category, then fine. If not...

Oh well, I have spent way more money on worse things, like Hitman Absolution and
Dark Souls (not trolling, I just didn't get $30 worth of enjoyment out of it at all)

Velvet Assassin is the devs digging up the corpse of an actual heroine and doing unspeakable things to it.

Grief.exe

Buttonbasher just gifted me Paranautical Activity. I was talking about it yesterday and he said I would get more enjoyment out of it then him.

So thanks go out to Button!

image.php

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Duke Nukem Megaton is a blast (heh). It's been well over a decade since I've played Duke 3D, but I still remember where all the secret doors and stuff are. But now the wife and kids are threatening pain of death if I don't stop talking in a Duke voice.
Haha, glad to hear you're having a great time with it, and that it's as good as it was back then. There's a reason why some people (me) consider it one of the best games in recent history.

Velvet Assassin is the devs digging up the corpse of an actual heroine and doing unspeakable things to it.
Now I'm more tempted than ever to try it.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (trailmix16, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

A VALLEY WITHOUT WIND -- MB-BE2002A92032B620 - Taken by alr1ght. 3 entrants total.
AI WAR VENGEANCE -- MB-DD515BF835EF0BDB - Taken by Tellaerin. 1 entrants total.
TOWER WARS -- MB-5D23A6F0F90B9E34 - Taken by Eanan. 4 entrants total.
AI War -- MB-1AE750B418CBA29B - Taken by Dimitri2401. 2 entrants total.
MARK OF THE NINJA -- MB-C3945EC926E6E151 - Taken by KenOD. 1 entrants total.

t1379031821z1.png

Do you guys think Tomb Raider: Underworld is worth picking up?

I'm not interested in the reboot game so I was just wondering if it's good enough to use my trading cards money on it perhaps.

Turfster

Do you guys think Tomb Raider: Underworld is worth picking up?

I'm not interested in the reboot game so I was just wondering if it's good enough to use my trading cards money on it perhaps.

Eh, I liked it when I played it. I assume you have Legend and Anniversary? It rounds off the trilogy, so it also has that going for it.

Eh, I liked it when I played it. I assume you have Legend and Anniversary? It rounds off the trilogy, so it also has that going for it.

Don't have any Tomb Raider games in my steam library, and I only played the first game on the PS1 I think.

I'm just trying to see if I can pick up one of the older Tomb Raider games so any suggestions for what you consider a better game is appreciated as well.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Don't have any Tomb Raider games in my steam library, and I only played the first game on the PS1 I think.

I'm just trying to see if I can pick up one of the older Tomb Raider games so any suggestions for what you consider a better game is appreciated as well.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is definitely one to be played. Yes it's a spin off, but it's a great game (co-op, just quite good single player) that anyone who enjoys top-down action adventure and puzzle solving will enjoy. http://store.steampowered.com/app/35130

I say this as someone who isn't a fan of any Tomb Raider other than Guardian of the Light and the recent reboot though, with not a care about the story of the franchise, so take that as you will.

Turfster

Oh. Well, Tomb Raider: Anniversary is basically a better remake of the original, and definitely worth playing, but it's the "middle" part of the trilogy, which goes Legend, Anniversary and Underworld.
I think everything released after like, 2005 is worth playing. That's the trilogy, 2013 and Guardian of Light, which is a totally different type of game but a blast in coop.

Freezard

Two awesome FPS games I've played for hundreds of hours :) Also the second time I'm giving them away :p

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-ED5CA3405DC4A4BE - Taken by Kipp
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-4F3A4AB436CAC35C - Taken by OverHeat

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is definitely one to be played. Yes it's a spin off, but it's a great game (co-op, just quite good single player) that anyone who enjoys top-down action adventure and puzzle solving will enjoy. http://store.steampowered.com/app/35130

I say this as someone who isn't a fan of any Tomb Raider other than Guardian of the Light and the recent reboot though, with not a care about the story of the franchise, so take that as you will.

Oh. Well, Tomb Raider: Anniversary is basically a better remake of the original, and definitely worth playing, but it's the "middle" part of the trilogy, which goes Legend, Anniversary and Underworld.
I think everything released after like, 2005 is worth playing. That's the trilogy, 2013 and Guardian of Light, which is a totally different type of game but a blast in coop.

Thanks guys, I very much appreciate it. Guardian of the Light apparently has a demo so I might as well try it out and see how it goes.

Sajjaja

I find myself sitting around waiting a lot in Crusader Kings 2.....am I doing it wrong, or is that just how this game rolls?

The game is what you make it. If you want shit to happen, you gotta make shit happen, or wait for shit to happen to you. Get shittin' or get shitted.

I'm not sure if it was the guys behind Groupees that said it, but the principle is valid nevertheless - you entice people with the games that they think that they want, then provide them with the games that they really should be trying.

I've definitely fallen in love with several games that I would never even have considered if it weren't for these sorts of bundles so, for the asking price, it's certainly worth the risk.

Tellaerin

Thanks for AI War: Vengeance, trailmix16!

I didn't realize it wasn't a standalone game when I put in for the raffle. (I should've paid more attention to the little "DLC" on the banner image. -_- ) I could put the key back up or something, but I was thinking about PM'ing it to the guy who just won the AI War base game, since I imagine he could use it. Are people cool with that?

EDIT: Okay, since I'm not seeing any objections from anyone, I'm PM'ing Dimitri2401 with the key.

Jawmuncher

I apparently have 180 on steam already. A lot of that from bundles and the like....At this point I don't even care about a backlog anymore. Wonder how soon I can hit 200.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I like the Giant Bomb description of Duke Nukem. He's the creepy uncle that used to be cool, until you realized that he's lame as shit.

I love the corniness, though.

Tellaerin

I can only imagine.
First thing that'll come to mind by that point is wondering why Steam still doesn't have a better way to sort games. If they haven't implemented something new by then.

Hopefully jshackles will be working at Valve by then, and Steam will have a massively-improved interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom