• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

PSA: Rayman Legends demo is available on PC, just not on steam but through the Uplay client

I did not know this

steam://install/243340

XIReVrU.png

So uh... I beat Dragon Age 2...

KJwRwTu.jpg

No, I don't know why I was playing it either.

I will say that I don't think it's as bad as I was lead to believe. It's definitely a disappointing sequel coming off of Origins/Awakening though. Having each combat encounter magically double in length for no reason is dumb, as the combat in that game is a pretty huge step down from Origins, and is WAY overused. It's pretty obvious they ran out of time, considering the lack of environments/artificial lengthening. The story stuff is mostly interesting though, and I dig them leaning into the political unrest between Mages and Templars. It seems to all be setting up for some potentially cool payoffs in Inquisition.

There's totally a Dragon Age game still in there, but it's just buried in monotonous combat encounters, and artificial lengthening. They should just give Dragon Age 2 the motion comic + choices stuff they've done for Mass Effect so people could jump from Origins to Inquisition.

This is more than I was going to type about Dragon Age 2. Time to play something else.

iavi

Uplay's gonna bind any Uplay game you get on Uplay to your account. Doesn't mean Uplay is gonna be necessary for the titles if bought on steam. Doomsayers. stahp

Turfster

Uplay's gonna bind any Uplay game you get on Uplay to your account. Doesn't mean Uplay is gonna be necessary for the titles if bought on steam. Doomsayers. stahp

This is a demo. On Steam.
I mean, it could just be laziness, but...

If it required UPLAY it would be displayed on the store page somewhere.

It wouldn't be the first time Ubisoft pulled a switcheroo at the last minute.

Nah it probably means that there is just going to be two versions... right, it doesn't say it on the store page and Oranges doesn't have it. That would be far too shady even for them.

Unless they are implementing superior Uplay features into the game and will update it to use Uplay for our pleasure, of course. In that case ima write Steam an angry ass email.

If it required UPLAY it would be displayed on the store page somewhere.

The Ubisoft twitter account was answering questions about the game so I asked if the steam version requires UPLAY.

There was no answer.

When you don't want to answer if your own game is using your own DRM service it might be time to stop.

And then you realize how repetitive the gameplay is.....

No, then I stopped ;) But I can see that happening for sure.

Grief.exe

not necessarely, Assassin's Creed II and others dont

To be fair, UPLAY launched with ACII and I don't think they had their policies ironed out at that point.

As far as I can tell, every game that has been released since that requires UPLAY has that displayed on the page.

Ledsen

You really should try one. Enslaved in particular. They do fantastic facial animations and create charismatic characters that can make a player want to care about them (except for Dante, who I actively disliked).

They are a very capable game studio. One of the better ones out there.

Well what you said has nothing to do with their capability as a games studio.

iavi

Nah it probably means that there is just going to be two versions... right, it doesn't say it on the store page and Oranges doesn't have it. That would be far too shady even for them.

Unless they are implementing superior Uplay features into the game and will update it to use Uplay for our pleasure, of course. In that case ima write Steam an angry ass email.

There's no such thing as superior Uplay features, so you can rest easy with that one.

Sajjaja

Do we know what the extras will be on the EA bundle?

According to previous posts in the thread and not my own investigative skills:
Dead Space 2
Bulletstorm
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
Medal of Honor: Airborne

Was hoping for Kingdoms of Amalur. I only want Dead Space 3 so I might just watch for a giveaway, or buy the bundle and giveaway the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom