• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Noticed the steam Out of the Shadows preorder page isn't up yet, but saw the gamestop preorder bonus
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/ga...-xbox-360-live-marketplace-1200-points/109312

djEQV2j.png

I wish the pre-order bonus was a decent turtles skin pack

Playing CS online became exponentially more pleasant when I discovered voice_enable 0.

I was never that hardcore into CS but my best experiences were at cybercafés with cousins and friends when visiting my home country. Great games without a doubt but the community was always like CoD before it became big.

When the Sniper acheevs came out, a guy was running around the map, yelling "PEE ON ME".

what

catabarez

Decided to pay 5 bucks for Dead Space 3 and some Steam keys I already have :p

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Burnout Paradise -- MB-1D1491A87383FB79 - Taken by Driw3r
Mirror's Edge -- MB-F887CF4AB28B7741 - Taken by DeadlyVirus

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was never that hardcore into CS but my best experiences were at cybercafés with cousins and friends when visiting my home country. Great games without a doubt but the community was always like CoD before it became big.

Once I finally got ADSL in 2004 my interest in LAN play died down, but to this day a mate and I still occasionally catch up to play the GunGame drinking game we invented.

Valve can't keep a game community mature for the life of them.

I played quite a few hours of CS:GO today.

The public servers I played on were an absolute joke, with lots of people who had no idea what they were doing and many more who were being rude and offensive for the whole game.

I wish we could go back to the better times ... that never ever existed. Nothing has changed.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Amazing that there are so many of these EA games being given out through Modbot that are remaining unclaimed. Everyone is jumping on that Humble Bundle deal, haha. Can't argue with the value though, especially as I didn't have any of the games. Was going to get Mirror's Edge and Burnout Paradise during the sales but decided against it. Glad I held off!

Salsa

you know I kinda liked Conviction, if I take it as it's own action game thingie unrelated to the series. I hope Blacklist gets a decent discount during winter sales.

assault_stealth46jz9.gif

Modbot Games list from a bunch of pages back.

There was still an active defcon in there and I saw war games recently, I hope you don't mind my taking it. Super big thank you to JaseC. Atleast this makes me being too broke to afford the current humble bundle a little more bearable.

zkylon

zkylewd
well got sr4 off nuuvem

hope it doesn't disappoint, reviews sealed the deal for me, I'm pretty impressed there's no review embargo

you know I kinda liked Conviction, if I take it as it's own action game thingie unrelated to the series. I hope Blacklist gets a decent discount during winter sales.

assault_stealth46jz9.gif

Why not just buy one of the ebay codes for $25? You get the Deluxe Editions of both Blacklist and Conviction upon redemption. It is of course Uplay only but all the steam version does is launch uplay. Doubt the winter sale will compete.

Salsa

Why not just buy one of the ebay codes for $25? You get the Deluxe Editions of both Blacklist and Conviction upon redemption. It is of course Uplay only but all the steam version does is launch uplay. Doubt the winter sale will compete.

my level of wanting to play it is not enough to surpass steam convenience

im willing to buy non-steam stuff if I really wanna play it and its considerably cheaper and whatnot, but I dont wanna get this that much, im alright

Didn't see anyone mentioning this, but it seems Enslaved might be coming to Steam:

http://steamdb.info/sub/30287/

we mentioned it several, few pages ago

Didn't see anyone mentioning this, but it seems Enslaved might be coming to Steam:

http://steamdb.info/sub/30287/

It was talked about a few pages ago, thread moves fast. Might be more enjoyable at 60 FPS, I'd probably buy it at $20 or so. The platforming is awful and the combat very basic and awful but the other gameplay elements and presentation still make it worth playing.
my level of wanting to play it is not enough to surpass steam convenience

im willing to buy non-steam stuff if I really wanna play it and its considerably cheaper and whatnot, but I dont wanna get this that much, im alright

Understandable.

by the other gameplay elements do you mean like, walking or something?

Heh, should have clarified on that. The game is quite varied actually, there are some clever boss battles and escape sequences, you often have to hide from certain enemies which leads to a puzzle like dynamic, fun vehicle sequence and so on. It isn't all that combat or platforming heavy which is nice given how awful those elements were.

Seeing Enslaved a few pages ago made me wish for Lost Odyssey and Asura's Wrath on Steam.

Asura's Wrath was actually somewhat enjoyable if you went in with the right expectations (anime with "interactive" action sequences), but it was really hindered by the performance and the way they handeled DLC.

A nice port of Asura's Wrath Complete would be fantastic. But it's Capcom so it won't happen.
Huh? They did?

EDIT: HUH!?

Eh, that doesn't mean anything.
EDIT 2011 :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
usMFRgm.gif

I'm intrigued, tell me more.

If you don't level up in a round, take a shot.
If you're killed by the same weapon you're on, take a shot.
If you don't win the map, take a shot.
If you get an unscoped headshot with one of the sniper rifles, the other person takes a shot.
If you can correctly guess the amount of damage you dealt to a particular player, the other person takes a shot.
If you get killed by a knife, take two shots.
If you kill your own team mate, take two shots.
If you kill yourself, take two shots.

I may be forgetting a couple of rules, but that's about the gist of it -- every time something happens, you drink. :p

Thank for XCom AND the DLC, Jase. You're awesome.

tumblr_ml5p41ng1o1r08o2alw.gif

Whoops, send the register key to Stump first (the modbot thread should really have a giant SEND PM TO MODBOT button.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Mirror's Edge -- MB-B95516322A458FBD - Taken by Dawg

Here's ME, if Stump didn't take the key, hehe

Enslaved was a good game. Its the same with every NT game. Its good but not perfect and everyone is going to hate it anyway because its from NT.

If you don't level up in a round, take a shot.
If you're killed by the same weapon you're on, take a shot.
If you don't win the map, take a shot.
If you get an unscoped headshot with one of the sniper rifles, the other person takes a shot.
If you can correctly guess the amount of damage you dealt to a particular player, the other person takes a shot.
If you get killed by a knife, take two shots.
If you kill your own team mate, take two shots.
If you kill yourself, take two shots.

I may be forgetting a couple of rules, but that's about the gist of it -- every time something happens, you drink. :p

:lol I'll take notes

Salsa

Ninja Theory are great man

The problem is that they cant develop shit for consoles since they can get any bearing on their framerate and all that

I welcome their PC ports and I hope that if Enslaved comes out, QLOC makes the port as well (DmC)

bottom line is that NT cares about art direction a whole bunch and they always deliver on that front, wich goes a long way for me

What did NT Engine do to you?

What do you mean?

I just like their games because they are different and good. The presentation of their games are Topnotch and art style is interesting (Better than those Dudebro games artdesigns). Gameplay went from meh (heavenly sword) to interesting but flawed (Enslaved) to really really good (DmC).

And i somehow think that Last of Us and Enslaved are somehow similiar in some aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom