• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aitor

have fun
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter -- MB-9D081305DB033F60 - Taken by Franck Ribery
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-0CA97E7DA9FCB1CA - Taken by TheSeks

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I believe Spawn/Modbot messed up with the giveaway creation - this was the PM I received:

"The key for Sam & Max is The Devil's Playhouse, -- Make sure you take the time to thank Spawn "

I'm guessing he put a bunch of commas in the game name and then used a weird or no separate between game name and keys. ModBot is pretty flexible about picking up keys separated by commas, |, spaces, on separate lines, etc but the best syntax to use, particularly with long, weird-ass name is:
Game Name Goes Here - Key-Goes-Here
Game Name 2 Goes Here - Key-Goes-Here

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and A Box Of Oatmeal (DLC Included) - ABRA-CADA-BRA!

Insult to the injury that is the game being more than three times the price of the iOS version.

I suppose if I had done even just a little research beforehand, I would have known. Steam discussions are filled with threads about it.

From one of them:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/231740/discussions/0/846956269325442370/#p15 said:
List of Paradox games with in game shops not mentioned on store page when you buy them

Leviathan Warships
Game of Dwarves
War of the Roses
Showdown Effect
Starvoid
Dungeonland
Cities in Motion 2
Knights of Pen and Paper

Jawmuncher

I'm guessing he put a bunch of commas in the game name and then used a weird or no separate between game name and keys. ModBot is pretty flexible about picking up keys separated by commas, |, spaces, on separate lines, etc but the best syntax to use, particularly with long, weird-ass name is:
Game Name Goes Here - Key-Goes-Here
Game Name 2 Goes Here - Key-Goes-Here

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and A Box Of Oatmeal (DLC Included) - ABRA-CADA-BRA!

Undoubtedly the superior version of Deus Ex.
The oatmeal DLC was pretty top notch.

fantomena

Seems like Steam is more popular than ever. Before Steam had an average of 4-5 million users logged on in a time like this. Now over 6 millions are logged on.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Any suggestions for an Every Extend like game? I need something that is not for quick twitch reactions, but still high score based and plenty of explosions once figured out.

Undoubtedly the superior version of Deus Ex.
The oatmeal DLC was pretty top notch.

Really? I found it kind of lumpy. Boss battles were better though.

Jawmuncher

Any suggestions for an Every Extend like game? I need something that is not for quick twitch reactions, but still high score based and plenty of explosions once figured out.

Really? I found it kind of lumpy. Boss battles were better though.

Nice.
As for something like Every Extend none comes to mind on steam.
Everything i'm thinking of is pretty twitchy but im sure there's something. I'll take another gander.

MRORANGE

Steam Family Sharing OT- a thread for people who want to share or request games to play.

Steam Family Sharing allows you share games from your steam account with other users. This thread is for letting gaffers share their games.
The Beta is open to the first 1000 users during mid September, but more invites are coming soon. For more info click here.

Rules:

- Please share as much as you request in the spreadsheet, It's unfair if others just leech games while not letting others play their games.
- Do not share games which can cause a VAC BAN.
- For more information read the FAQ at the bottom of the page.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Nice.
As for something like Every Extend none comes to mind on steam.
Everything i'm thinking of is pretty twitchy but im sure there's something. I'll take another gander.

Thanks. It can be a twitchy game if nothing else comes up,but one of my favourite parts about Every Extend was learning when it wait it out, avoiding sections, and then setting up the best chain blasts. So if there is anything like that, even if it's just some of the time, I would still appreciate any ideas.

Wok

Steam Family Sharing OT- a thread for people who want to share or request games to play.

Isn't the sharing limited to 10 members of the family? In this case, I would rather make some deals with a few of my friends and a few of the GAFfers in the Steam thread or in the Indie thread.

Moreover, you don't share one game, you share a whole library. So VAC games are necessarily shared. You won't want to share with someone you don't know.

Jawmuncher

Thanks. It can be a twitchy game if nothing else comes up,but one of my favourite parts about Every Extend was learning when it wait it out, avoiding sections, and then setting up the best chain blasts. So if there is anything like that, even if it's just some of the time, I would still appreciate any ideas.

Symphony, Geometry Wars, and Waves after I looked seemed to be the best bets.
I haven't personally played them aside from geometry wars but just watching gameplay on youtube gave me a pretty good idea.

Jawmuncher

The worst thing I realized about sharing with my friends is that i'm the only one who really buys games on steam. Im not greedy but man I don't exactly want to share on a one way street.

Copons

The worst thing I realized about sharing with my friends is that i'm the only one who really buys games on steam. Im not greedy but man I don't exactly want to share on a one way street.

I understand the feeling, but seeing how Valve implemented it, why do you care? You can always kick your cheap ass friends out of your library whenever you feel like. :D

zkylon

zkylewd
All but AC3 go 75% off during a sale.

yeah revelaitons has been 75% off before I think but the base price hasn't gone down enough that it's 5 bucks or something. same for ac3.

and 5 bucks is what I value the ac series right now (and I preordered brotherhood so I love that series)

Do you guys use steam screenshots at all? I've been having some troubles with it lately. When trying to upload screens, they just come up blank on the gallery, anyone else?

Yes it is periodically glitchy like that for me too but invariably sorts itself out in time.

gamesplanet.com.....legitimate?
They got ARMA3 for a decent price, but I have never dealt with them before.

Yes.

I almost had a heart attack when I saw the example game.

I was surprised it wasn't Bad Rats.

hope the sharing thingie works on the assassins creed games, they're never cheap enough for me to buy them

I picked up the first two for less than £5 in the last sale so ?

Aaron

yeah revelaitons has been 75% off before I think but the base price hasn't gone down enough that it's 5 bucks or something. same for ac3.

and 5 bucks is what I value the ac series right now (and I preordered brotherhood so I love that series)
It was $5 during the summer sale. That's what I bought it for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom