• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'd rather CoD4. But since the store hasn't changed the daily for me yesterday, I doubt that'll happen today either.

Nakayumi

So I got a Serious Sam 3: BFE 90% off coupon, would that game be it worth the €4,-?

Also have -66% Ultratron, -50% Garry's Mod and -75% Serious Sam 2 coupons for those interested.

Atruvius

So I got a Serious Sam 3: BFE 90% off coupon, would that game be it worth the €4,-?

I think it's pretty good and definitely worth 4€ if you like games with lots of enemies to shoot. TFE HD and TSE HD are worth picking up too, I think they are better than than BFE mainly because of the more varied environments.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys I'm curious, did the X-Men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance games were available in Steam back in the day? Who has the rights of the games?

Unfortunately I don't think they ever were on Steam, Activision have a lot of licensed stuff not on Steam. I would love Ravens recent Wolverine game to be on Steam as well and I don't think that's ever been on it either.

FloatOn

It's bad enough that I have to look at Jase's avatars/gifs of plain jane ronan, now I've got others jumping on the bandwagon.

Good morning steamgaf. May all of your game playing and card idling be productive today.

kafiend

You'll be fine. Valve did implement tighter temporary account restrictions for those who'd only recently enabled Steam Guard, including a trading restriction if a user signed into his/her account on a new device, but these changes were pulled as they were affecting many, many users who didn't fit the criteria.

They still have that incredibly annoying 7 day Market lockout for funding with a new payment method. Although twice now they have locked me out when using a payment method I previously used.

Customers Service method of working this out for me is to ignore me for 4 days and then act stupid for 3. Problem solved!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
COME ON ACTI, GIMME SPACE QUEST FOR $10!

I knew I was forgetting something! SQC isn't on Steam AU for some reason.

They still have that incredibly annoying 7 day Market lockout for funding with a new payment method. Although twice now they have locked me out when using a payment method I previously used.

Customers Service method of working this out for me is to ignore me for 4 days and then act stupid for 3. Problem solved!

Yeah, quite a few people found themselves in this situation during the Summer Sale. There needs to be some sort of warning before confirming the transaction. Odd that your account is being flagged when using a previous payment method -- I've been able to switch between Wallet codes and my debit card without issue. *touch wood*

JaseC

SteamTool Library Manager or Steam Mover? Which is the better tool?

You can't go wrong with either as they're functionally identical, but they're also unnecessary unless the games you want to move across to another drive are still delivered via the old CDS.

sprinkles

You can't go wrong with either as they're functionally identical, but they're also unnecessary unless the games you want to move across to another drive are still delivered via the old CDS.
Still using Steam Mover to move beaten games off my SSD to the 3TB storage drive. I thought Steam only allowed to specify the download/install folder or can it move already installed games as well (without downloading them again that is)?

JaseC

Still using Steam Mover to move beaten games off my SSD to the 3TB storage drive. I thought Steam only allowed to specify the download/install folder or can it move already installed games as well (without downloading them again that is)?

Yeah, Steam's library folder manager uses junction points, just as SteamTool/Mover do. I put together a little guide a while back but I'm having trouble digging it up.

Edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=70830031#post70830031

Madridy

Yeah, Steam's library folder manager uses junction points, just as SteamTool/Mover do. I put together a little guide a while back but I'm having trouble digging it up.

Edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=70830031#post70830031

I see, I actually won't play the games while they're on the backup drive, but I want a way to download/install & backup my games to a secondary drive and when I want to play them I'll just move them back to the SSD, rather than re-downloading them.

So what is the best option? Copy/Paste is enough?

JaseC

I see, I actually won't play the games while they're on the backup drive, but I want a way to download/install & backup my games to a secondary drive and when I want to play them I'll just move them back to the SSD, rather than re-downloading them.

So what is the best option?

When installing a game to a secondary drive, you can use Steam's own library manager, ensuring you select the correct folder during installation; to back up currently-installed titles, you can just cut/paste the installation folders in steamapps to wherever you desire.

Madridy

When installing a game to a secondary drive, you can use Steam's own library manager, ensuring you select the correct folder during installation; to back up currently-installed titles, you can just cut/paste the installation folders in steamapps to wherever you desire.

I see, this clears things up.

Thanks Jase

Parsnip

Do you guys use steam screenshots at all? I've been having some troubles with it lately. When trying to upload screens, they just come up blank on the gallery, anyone else?

DNF

You'll be fine. Valve did implement tighter temporary account restrictions for those who'd only recently enabled Steam Guard, including a trading restriction if a user signed into his/her account on a new device, but these changes were pulled as they were affecting many, many users who didn't fit the criteria.

If you had SteamGuard already activated, you shouldn't have problems, iirc.

ok then. thanks for the fast answers

vg260

Giving away some extras:
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-9776D2FF5BF0C761 - Taken by kulapik
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-CB6E7CD096B1CBAA - Taken by Deliverance

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Spawn, why do you keep manually editing your ModBot post? That game is taken but you almost certainly overwrote ModBot's edit to indicate it was taken by manually editing it. Cyberquake won the key that's in the post.

liezryou

I think there is an error, i try later if nobody wins. Sorry.

"Last edited by Spawn; Today at 07:38 PM. Reason: Powered by Modbot" . You edited some stuff out (I'm guessing after the other games were taken?). This tends to mess with modbot and his editing abilities, or so i have noticed in the past.

Someone probably already won it, modbot is just not editing the post. Stump can probably check what's going on when he is not busy.

EDIT: wow stump beat me gg

Spawn, why do you keep manually editing your ModBot post? That game is taken but you almost certainly overwrote ModBot's edit to indicate it was taken by manually editing it. Cyberquake won the key that's in the post.
I believe Spawn/Modbot messed up with the giveaway creation - this was the PM I received:

"The key for Sam & Max is The Devil's Playhouse, -- Make sure you take the time to thank Spawn "

But great giveaway spawn, nonetheless! I still regret not buying that bundle when I had the chance... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom