• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol the love for shadow of chernobyl brings a tear to my eye but I've beaten it like 3 times already on my boxed copy :p

kotor, machinarium, bio, thief 3 and gta 4 too.

stupid boxed copies

black ops 2.... lol :p

we gotta dig deeper (I prolly need to buy some new games)

gaf i'm in desperate need for ideas of games to play. any suggestions of games I haven't played from my playlist?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zkylon/games?tab=all

please put me out of my misery

freedom force was neat back when it was released. kind of like fallout, a bit of action rpg if you're into that.

Knights of the Old Republic if you want to see where Mass Effect came from. Might be a bit dated as well.

STALKER - I never got into that. Requires a deeper investment than most single person shooters IMO

nothing really jumps out at me so i guess they're at 0 hours for a reason

Missed Blood Money until someone mentioned it I would do that one first if it were me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
lol the love for shadow of chernobyl brings a tear to my eye but I've beaten it like 3 times already on my boxed copy :p

kotor, machinarium, bio, thief 3 and gta 4 too.

stupid boxed copies

black ops 2.... lol :p

we gotta dig deeper (I prolly need to buy some new games)

Rayman Origins is vibrant and fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
freedom force was neat back when it was released. kind of like fallout, a bit of action rpg if you're into that.

Knights of the Old Republic if you want to see where Mass Effect came from. Might be a bit dated as well.

STALKER - I never got into that. Requires a deeper investment than most single person shooters IMO

nothing really jumps out at me so i guess they're at 0 hours for a reason

Missed Blood Money until someone mentioned it I would do that one first if it were me.
I really really liked freedom force vs. the third reich but I haven't played the first one

tbh I should probably play them again, I really like that kind of games

blood money I've beaten it on ps2 and should probably play it again too

Rayman Origins is vibrant and fun.
am I a bad person for not liking rayman origins?

dupy generously gifted it to me and I just didn't enjoy how it felt, I'm not big into platformers but something about it just didn't click with me

I think I'll just do another playthrough of new vegas :p

also I think imma change avatars, this one scares me

For SteamGAF

steam_so_goodapsxo.gif

Wok

So apparently New Star Soccer 5 got a Steam key added. It was previously featured in the absolutely dreadful LittleBigBunch bundle, which I bought. One problem is that since the whole thing was so sketchy, I bought it using a disposable email address that I can't remember. D'oh.

I bought this one too, but I would not expect a Steam key to be added on the key page since it is a pretty bland page. Are you sure about this?

Edit:

The key does not redeem anything on Steam.

Does Saints Row IV make SR3 redundant? Or is it worth it to play SR3 first and then 4 a few months later? I mean just the games, disregarding price and hype since one game is relatively new.

zkylon

zkylewd
Does Saints Row IV make SR3 redundant? Or is it worth it to play SR3 first and then 4 a few months later? I mean just the games, disregarding price and hype since one game is relatively new.
I'd say no, both are funny on their own and sr4 does its own thing what with running at super speeds and whatnot.

I recommend you start with 3 and then go to 4, because you won't be feeling like driving after running through the whole city in like 20 seconds.

I'd say no, both are funny on their own and sr4 does its own thing what with running at super speeds and whatnot.

I recommend you start with 3 and then go to 4, because you won't be feeling like driving after running through the whole city in like 20 seconds.

Yeah it's still worth playing SR3. I think SR3 has a stronger lasting appeal than SR4.

Thanks, that's what I thought.
Gonna play SR3 first then.

Any mods you guys recommend that I should stick on system shock 2 before I give it a whirl? Figured I should drag myself away from Hard Reset and actually give it a shot haha.

Forkball

This Kerbal game is a hell of a lot harder than I imagined. I can't even get past the Mun tutorial. It says for me to cross the orbit with the moon but I have no idea how to do this.

Karu

I want to take the time and thank ashecitism for gifting Trine 2 - Complete to me, since apparantly I won yesterdays raffle. So: Thank you! =)

Tak3n

Banned
Far be it for me to moan, but I will...

been playing Legend of Dungeons and it is as predicted a fun filled romp through death filled dungeons...

Whats the problem then?

Well, there is no save feature, make a roguelike if you must, their prerogative, but with no "quit save" function, you essentially have to play for 5+ hours straight if you want to complete the game...

it has 26 levels, then you have to get back.....

Daft decision!

So I have a spare hour now, and I would like to play it, but I know there is no point, as I will have to stop at Lunch

zkylon

zkylewd
I am alive is kind of exactly what I thought it'd be, a whole bunch of great ideas held back by weak minute-to-minute mechanics.

it has great moments of running through the city scavenging for supplies and taking out a whole room of dudes without wasting a bullet but it's too simplistic and underdeveloped, unfortunately, and climbing is just not fun at all and the combat is clunky and unresponsive.

the retry system is nice in theory but unlike the souls games replaying through parts doesn't feel rewarding and I don't enjoy the tension nearly as much. looting is really good tho, I'm on normal now and I'm using items constantly and concerning if going in one direction will yield enough loot to make it a worthwhile expense, etc. I really like that.

I'm enjoying it and its just refreshing to play a non-zombie apocalypse game

just wish it was better

in the end I just recommend it for anyone looking for something unusual and with stomach for jankyness

JaseC

I have a very big wanting to to see a thread or post hee on GAF about GTA V showing up in the registry.

Registry leaks are now somewhat less likely to occur going forward as subs marked as DevComp no longer publicly broadcast their actual names.

ArjanN

Yup, I always suck terribly at those kinds of games. Super Meat Boy (though I managed to get to the 3rd or 4th world), They Bleed Pixels, Dark Souls (different genre, equally hard), bullet hell shooters... And still I keep trying them, because there has to be one game I can be good at, right? But no, hard game I try, hard game that kicks my ass and leaves me weeping in the corner.

I'm sure I'll get to that death count and still won't have beaten the first boss :p

One thing to keep in mind is that no-one is magically instantly good at these games. You get good at hem by putting lots of time into them. Practice makes perfect, and these games are eventually much more satisfying when you do get good at them.

Some of the skill does transfer over between games though, someone who's mastered several bullet hell games will probably progress much more quickly in a new bullet hell game. If you've beaten Demon Souls, Dark Souls will be a lot easier, etc.

Rogue Legacy is a bit different as the upgrading means everyone can beat the game eventually if you keep levelling up. Someone who's better at the game will just beat it sooner, but eventually you reach the point where you can simply tank the final boss by standing next to him and hitting him.

Heard the GC F-Zero was extremely hard on the latter races. Is that true?

It's pretty hard on the early races too and just gets harder :/. It looks lovely but its predecessor on the N64 has a far more measured difficulty curve. GX is stunning visually but X is the better overall game from that point of view.

Dat FTL experience.

http://i.imgur.com/WGLaFNc.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

The second gif on a page to make me lol irl :D.

I do so love it though *sniff*.

[quote="Atraveller, post: 81898701"]Medal of Honor (2010) sucks.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't too impressed with it either to start with but persevered with it [mostly to improve my nascent kb&m skills, frankly] and was rather surprised how it wormed its way into my affections so that by the end I actually rather liked it. Even the ending I found rather touching and I normally roll my eyes and avoid contemporary western story led game design if I can help it. I didn't play the multi-player though so can't comment on that.

Hey guys I'm curious, did the X-Men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance games were available in Steam back in the day? Who has the rights of the games?

kulapik

So it seems there was a big approval today, since I got approved too :D

Because of that, here comes an awesome ModBot raffle!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kulapik, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

L.A. Noire -- MB-C4416AF10E021758 - Taken by oipic. 51 entrants total.

t1379258253z1.png

DNF

so at my first steam summer sale a bought about 75% of games that couldn't even run on my current pc, to make the decision easier to finally buy a faster one.

i finally did buy one, but now i am afraid that when i will login into my account with completely different hardware that i will get a time penalty (don't know a better expression) for the community market/trading card thing.

does anybody know if this will happen please ?

Li Kao

You played 2 already I hope?

Yeah that's what I hesitated to say to RionaaM yesterday when he mentioned the fact that he skipped 2.
Yup, it is indeed a meh port, I experienced several crashs, the game is not beautiful and I even had to tone down the settings a bit for the frame rate seemed, not bad, just strange, floaty (?).
Buttt, in my experience it was nowhere near a catastrophic port. In fact I just played through it for the first time some days ago in preparation for SR3 then SR4.

And for the record RionaaM, I think I could have wrote 90% of what you replied to me concerning you desire to play series in order, that's partly why your post resonated so much for me.

So it buggered me to no end that I hadn't finished SR1 and was jumping on 2. But all that my time with the first one evokes to me is 'shitty, very shitty GTA clone'. So 2 it was. And while there is quite some references to the first one, I could enjoy SR2. It still has an awful lot of secondary mission padding. Bad secondary missions too. But the main quest is full of fun moments and quirky characters you grow fond of.
Still of the mind that Volition didn't know where it wanted to go with the series, what's with the huge tonal change practically at each iteration, but after SR2 I will gladly play SR3 and onward.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Uh, why would that happen? It's an account login.

And no, it won't if it wasn't obvious in that first line.

JaseC

so at my first steam summer sale a bought about 75% of games that couldn't even run on my current pc, to make it easier to finally buy a faster one.

i finally did buy one, but now i am afraid that when i will login into my account with completely different hardware that i will get a time penalty (don't know a better expression) for the community market/trading card thing.

You'll be fine. Valve did implement tighter temporary account restrictions for those who'd only recently enabled Steam Guard, including a trading restriction if a user signed into his/her account on a new device, but these changes were pulled as they were affecting many, many users who didn't fit the criteria.

kulapik

so at my first steam summer sale a bought about 75% of games that couldn't even run on my current pc, to make the decision easier to finally buy a faster one.

If you had SteamGuard already activated, you shouldn't have problems, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom