• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSA to anyone using Big Picture Mode and having controller problems with it:

Uninstall Geforce Experience. Somehow this program has fucked up BPM's controller support. Also, uninstall the Xbox 360 Accessories software in your Programs and Features menu to get rid of the pesky battery indicator getting in the way of the guide button's use in Steam.

Cth

Anyone ever tried to get a refund through amazon payments/humble store/Indy devs?

Just wondering if I should abandon the support ticket and chalk it up to error or wait it out.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
When I play Crysis 2 with MaldoHD, it looks fantastic. When I take a screenshot of it with Steam, it looks like blurry garbage. Kinda sucks.

Those CSGO crates are pretty rare, took my friend 5 hours of play to get one, and so far in 3 competitive matches I have only seen 1 drop for 1 person at the end of a full match.

Crayons

Banned
My very first PS2 game. I was blown away by the water effects at the time.

Solid game too.

I wish Dark Alliance had a PC port. Make it happen, Hasbro.

That's a bingo.
While not my first PS2 game, it was my first WRPG game, and it was absolutely fantastic. I enjoyed playing that game so much, there was so much to explore, weapons to get, enemies to kill. The second one was an amazing game too, although it was much more difficult to find, even when it just came out! It's actually gone up in price since I first bought it.

Lint21

Neo Member
PSA to anyone using Big Picture Mode and having controller problems with it:

Uninstall Geforce Experience. Somehow this program has fucked up BPM's controller support. Also, uninstall the Xbox 360 Accessories software in your Programs and Features menu to get rid of the pesky battery indicator getting in the way of the guide button's use in Steam.

Thank you! BTW, I've been ATI for several years - do I need GeForce Experience for anything other than the auto-updates?

Khronico

1F377B220FCFBAAB9A48A336085AB66E48C0ADE3
The best grafix money can buy.

The Steam threads have had their fair share of 3DS tangents so go right ahead. :p

It turned out just to be a competition *pouts*

My Oculus Rift is in Texas, huzzah! 11AM seems to be the usual time UPS and Fedex arrive so here's to hoping that stays the case.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay something in the 4 things I did made Tomb Raider run better. It still has spots where it drops to 45fps but for the most part it is 55-60fps and none of the weird lag/hitches.

Sajjaja

Mmm. I'm going to get out of bed and pour a beer just for this. I played games on a laptop for a while and have lived that life, although mine had a designated gpu and impressed me pretty often.

Just look at my profile. I take screenshots of all my games and they all pretty much at the lowest quality :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My screenshots page is just a sea of BioInf spoilers at the moment. It's for this reason that I don't think the spoiler tags should expire.

Turfster

My screenshots page is just a sea of BioInf spoilers at the moment. It's for this reason that I don't think the spoiler tags should expire.

Yeah. I used it mainly for real spoilers before I knew it expired... so most of them are already out in the open. Good thing they're friends only and I hardly have any ;)

JaseC

Edit: I don't understand, why would a spoiler tag expire?

I think the logic is that after four weeks, unless you have exactly zero friends who regularly use Steam, the screenshots in your activity feed aren't going to be accidentally seen, but this doesn't take into account a user's main screenshots page, which automatically generates a chronological gallery.

Salsa

I think the logic is that after four weeks, unless you have exactly zero friends who regularly use Steam, the screenshots in your activity feed aren't going to be accidentally seen, but this doesn't take into account the main screenshots page, which automatically generates a chronological gallery.

that's not even displayed on the profile page anymore tho (unless you have a showcase)

I think the rule is fine for the most part. I have plenty of friends and the feed moves fast so ive never been spoiled anything (other than when people dont tag at all)

JaseC

that's not even displayed on the profile page anymore tho (unless you have a showcase)

I think the rule is fine for the most part. I have plenty of friends and the feed moves fast so ive never been spoiled anything (other than when people dont tag at all)

The link to the screenshots page is still there, though. If somebody got curious as to what screenshots I've taken and they hadn't played BioInf, then, well, they'd be pissed. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom