• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exuro

Yeah I was thinking about adding that. It gets tricky with formatting and whatnot when you take 5 currencies into consideration.

And should the cost per hour just include the main story? Or completionist time? Thoughts?
Could just put each to the right side of their time? Unless you want it to be a separate thing.

Turfster

I'm on a 5850 so maybe this is yet another situation where it runs like shit on ATI,

Er, it's much more optimized for ATI than for Nvidia, which I assumed you had.
It ran like a dream here.

To be fair, Underworld's PC port is great and so at max settings it probably does look better than TR 2013 at medium settings.
The underworld port was great, but 2013 looks a lot better, especially with dat tressfx and pretty much everything on max.

Is the enhanced version of Baldur's Gate really that bad? : /
I can't speak for how it turned out, I've just heard it introduced its own set of bugs (which the Steam version was apparently in limbo for with patching). I just don't want extra characters and content added to the game and would prefer the original experience intact.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Could just put each to the right side of their time? Unless you want it to be a separate thing.

It'll have to be a separate line, again due to localization. :(

Nabs

It is off.

NJmH5D2.jpg

I tested everything. Textures change nothing, if I drop shadows to normal and level of detail to medium I get like a 5-8fps boost. Not a great tradeoff when it is running 30-45fps. I really don't think this looks better than Underworld (just a different art style) but the performance is bad in general and inconsistent as it has a lot of drops, likely related to loading the open world. I'm on a 5850 so maybe this is yet another situation where it runs like shit on ATI, which is really disappointing when other Tomb Raider games run like a dream. I mean even the infamous Saints Row 3 ran better and Sleeping Dogs was flawless. This is very disappointing. I'm thinking of just locking it at 30fps to make it consistent but if the jerky drops are from loading that won't help.

I didn't have my settings on ultra (I'm guessing high), but it ran great on my 5850.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Are the original Red Faction games still good? They've got the first two for $2 each and I'd like to try one out and was wondering if either was worth it.
I really liked the first one when I played it early this year, so yeah. Haven't played any of the others yet.

It is off.

I tested everything. Textures change nothing, if I drop shadows to normal and level of detail to medium I get like a 5-8fps boost. Not a great tradeoff when it is running 30-45fps. I really don't think this looks better than Underworld (just a different art style) but the performance is bad in general and inconsistent as it has a lot of drops, likely related to loading the open world. I'm on a 5850 so maybe this is yet another situation where it runs like shit on ATI, which is really disappointing when other Tomb Raider games run like a dream. I mean even the infamous Saints Row 3 ran better and Sleeping Dogs was flawless. This is very disappointing. I'm thinking of just locking it at 30fps to make it consistent but if the jerky drops are from loading that won't help.

What about turning off post processing?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah, 5850 here too.
I'm running old-ass drivers, just in case that changes anything.
I have the newest drivers and RadeonPro instead of CCC. I'm installing CCC again (which hurt performance in a lot of games before and had way more limited options) to see if that changes anything.

What about turning off post processing?
Then it looks worse and runs the same.

Turfster

I have the newest drivers and RadeonPro instead of CCC. I'm installing CCC again (which hurt performance in a lot of games before and had way more limited options) to see if that changes anything.

I'm using neither CCC (because fuck you sloppily coded .net POS) nor RadeonPro.
Basically the only things running are atieclxx and atiesrxx

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The underworld port was great, but 2013 looks a lot better, especially with dat tressfx and pretty much everything on max.

Of course it looks better maxed out. There's a reason I specifically mentioned medium settings. ;)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm using neither CCC (because fuck you sloppily coded .net POS) nor RadeonPro.
Basically the only things running are atieclxx and atiesrxx
So if a game doesn't have its own AA you just let it be? Wow. Anyway I have global settings for RadeonPro set to let the game decide everything so it shouldn't be affecting anything negatively.

Turfster

So if a game doesn't have its own AA you just let it be? Wow. Anyway I have global settings for RadeonPro set to let the game decide everything so it shouldn't be affecting anything negatively.

Not having everything smoothed out won't kill me son, when I grew up, our screen was 320x200 and everything was blocky. ;)

neoism

It is off.

NJmH5D2.jpg

not sure if this will help but your prob going to have to use regedit and change the game the dx 9... I'm on a 5870 and old drivers... I beat the game and have fucking terrible jags... :/ sweetfx wouldn't work no matter what and I couldn't run the game in dx 10 like a bunch of other games... nm your game runs so you may not need this but you could try to get better performance... I did get 50-60fps... but the game did crash after about and 1 or so hours of play... but it saved all the time. pretty shitty port... most other games worth perfect on my system
Play Tomb Raider 2013 on DirectX 9 with DirectX 11 Performance

Play Tomb Raider 2013 on DirectX 9 with DirectX 11 results. Follow the simple steps to force DirectX 9 better performance but Tessellation and TressFX will not enable.

Type Windows + R button to open Run Command
Type Regedit and press Enter
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crystal Dynamics\Tomb Raider\Graphics
Now you can modify RenderAPI and change its value to 9

oipic

Almost done...

gMIazbX.png

shackles, as always, each and every addition and tweak you make to Enhanced Steam adds great value and functionality - I can't measure or quantify it, but the time/frustration saved, and the benefits added, are such that I couldn't possibly imagine browsing the Steam site without it.

Thank you, Sir, for all your work!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hmm, I would want either the main story time or the combined time(I'm assuming this is some sort of average of the times).

I'll look into adding the "approximate cost per hour" calculation. As long as people realize it's approximate, I don't think there will be a problem.

Just wanted to pop in and say that you are awesome. Enhanced Steam is pretty much a must have for anyone who uses Steam.

shackles, as always, each and every addition and tweak you make to Enhanced Steam adds great value and functionality - I can't measure or quantify it, but the time/frustration saved, and the benefits added, are such that I couldn't possibly imagine browsing the Steam site without it.

Thank you, Sir, for all your work!

Thanks to both of you! I'm always happy to hear from fans.

While of course not required, donations and positive reviews are always welcome. :)

TheExodu5

Banned
So me and some guys at work put up a small pool to see who could beat Alan Wake first. 2 chapters in and I just can't do it. This is one of the most boring games I've ever played. =\

So me and some guys at work put up a small pool to see who could beat Alan Wake first. 2 chapters in and I just can't do it. This is one of the most boring games I've ever played. =\
Did you start it on Nightmare difficulty? The game's mechanics feel pretty pointless on lower difficulties.

Exuro

I liked it for the story and night springs episodes. Gameplay just wasn't very good though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
how long does it take to get a ticket response on steam? they really need to improve their customer service..

There's a high volume at the moment, so expect to be twiddling your thumbs a few days. It's been about 2.5 for me and I'm still waiting on Support to reverse a trade that left me with an unusable gift.

ss_lemonade

How are the old Red Faction games when it comes to running them on new hardware? I noticed the collection on sale now and series' geomod tech looks very interesting.

Hey howdy.

Here are some gifts you've never seen before!
Thanks for Medal of Honor (did a bit of back reading and noticed your steam key for MOH not used yet)!

Free for all
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

STEAM Dead Space -- MB-3C0C903B774DC262 - Taken by Pestilence11
ORIGIN Burnout Paradise -- MB-658B605AD3CC763B - Taken by kennah
STEAM Burnout Paradise -- MB-44D683D13C6EDD80 - Taken by hitmon

I wish the new weekly Humble Bundle had more games that weren't recently in another bundle. I might buy it before it ends, but the only game in it I don't own and want is Botanicula.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Unless it is about flipping your Vita/3DS at Gamespot for Steam Cards, I don't want to hear it.

Now, yerba mate on the other hand is a tradition here and you'll have to pry it from my fucking hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom