• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

RE6 is on sale for $10 on Amazon but just console retail versions

y u no price match a pc digital download

JaseC said:
The link to the screenshots page is still there, though. If somebody got curious as to what screenshots I've taken and they hadn't played BioInf, then, well, they'd be pissed. :p

who does that

Hanzou

Patch was definitely a response to RPS' criticisms in their Wot I Think (of the port):
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/13/wot-i-think-of-spelunkys-pc-port/

Impressive that the patch was so quick.

The Quick start option was severely needed, took a good minute just to click through menus. I found the RPS article very "Bitchy", it does not really talk about the gameplay, complains about graphics settings and my favourite, lack of good keyboard controls!

Salsa

The Quick start option was severely needed, took a good minute just to click through menus. I found the RPS article very "Bitchy", it does not really talk about the gameplay, complains about graphics settings and my favourite, lack of good keyboard controls!

That RPS article is BS.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
HP G62
AMD Dual Core P320 @ 2.1ghz
ATI Radeon Mobility 4250 HD (but I had to install 4200 drivers because there were no new 4250 drivers)
3GB RAM
320GB HDD

You know, I'm actually impressed that you got some of these games to run. Dishonored, especially. And Dear Esther still looks nice when you ignore the textures that are close up.

I think Sonic Transformed looks better on my Vita, though.

hitmon

Are framerate issues common with Mirror's Edge and AMD cards? I've encountered some areas where its pretty bad.

I can run Tomb Raider on the highest setting with the hair setting.

Sajjaja

You know, I'm actually impressed that you got some of these games to run. Dishonored, especially. And Dear Esther still looks nice when you ignore the textures that are close up.

I think Sonic Transformed looks better on my Vita, though.

Some games are really well optimized so I have the good fortune of running them. Dishonored ran REALLYYYYYY smooth. I so surprised and happy.

Other games, I have to go into the .ini files and do some serious tweaking to get some performance out of it. Borderlands 2 for example (Payday as well).

195CBDF78B6C1E736D9C56FDBBA96518507346FF

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=148459817

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
You know, I find one of the main reasons for much of the strife and drama not just on the internet but also "real life" to be a confusion about the distinction between objective and subjective reality, and the perception thereof. For instance, individuals have a fondness for making declarative statements about subjective matters in such a manner as to suggest they are stating objective facts when it simply isn't so. For instance:

OH MY GOD BURNOUT PARADISE'S SOUNDTRACK IS PURE EAR POISON IT MAKES ME WANT TO DIE.

Sweet zombie Freddy Mercury who ever approved these songs for a racing game, a driving game, a crashing game---You are bad at your job and I hate you.

Grief.exe

Salsa

here are the full Spelunky patch notes since we're weirdly avoiding them:

Quickstart option added that will let you skip from the intro straight to the Adventure Mode entrance (press 'X' - only available after beating the tutorial)

Graphics settings menu added with more robust screen options (every available resolution offered, separate windowed toggle)

Special effects and dynamic shadows can be set to "low" or "off" on the Graphics menu

Saving is not multithreaded anymore to prevent rare save loss

You can now exit completely from the game via the pause menu

Tried to address more crashes related to resolution changing

Framerate drops caused by last update should be fixed

ESRB logo removed from beginning of game

Volume settings now affect audio that plays before you reach the Main Menu

Keyboard controls now display properly on the How to Play menus

Ninja character no longer has visible ears in his climbing animations

Grief.exe

Time to play some Spelunky right now.

EDIT: That quick start is pro. Just press X as soon as the game starts, don't even have to wait for the main menu.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

It's quite whiny and doesn't tell me much of anything I'd want to know if I was buying the game. It doesn't run in a big enough window on your huge ass desktop so dedicate half the article to that, for personal satisfaction, I guess?

Also what's the deal with people acting like bats are the worst thing ever when they aren't even that bad?

Quick start is great.

Salsa

OH MY GOD BURNOUT PARADISE'S SOUNDTRACK IS PURE EAR POISON IT MAKES ME WANT TO DIE.

Sweet zombie Freddy Mercury who ever approved these songs for a racing game, a driving game, a crashing game---You are bad at your job and I hate you.

hey hey you you I know that you like me

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Some games are really well optimized so I have the good fortune of running them. Dishonored ran REALLYYYYYY smooth. I so surprised and happy.

Other games, I have to go into the .ini files and do some serious tweaking to get some performance out of it. Borderlands 2 for example (Payday as well).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=148459817
I think I'd just stick to indie games. That's what I mainly did with my laptop. It could handle more than I expected, though. DmC ran at 60 fps on nearly maxed settings, due to the 1366x768 resolution.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's quite whiny and doesn't tell me much of anything I'd want to know if I was buying the game. It doesn't run in a big enough window on your huge ass desktop so dedicate half the article to that, for personal satisfaction, I guess?

Also what's the deal with people acting like bats are the worst thing ever when they aren't even that bad?

Quick start is great.

7S35OJP.jpg

Salsa

so, I wish there was an option to when you launch a game from normal steam, just launch it on Big Picture mode

wouldnt this be fairly easy to do?

that way I can take screenshots with the pad command if its a 360 controller game

denx

Hate posting at bottom of page. Reposted for new lol.

My laptop specs are pretty similar to yours. So you got good performance from Dishonored? One of the reasons I've been hesitant to buy it when it goes on sell is that the minimum specs I saw just before release were a bit too high for my laptop to run well. If the game ran well in your laptop, then I could have hope.

Salsa

I think I'd just stick to indie games. That's what I mainly did with my laptop. It could handle more than I expected, though. DmC ran at 60 fps on nearly maxed settings, due to the 1366x768 resolution.

DmC might just be the best PC port of all fucking time tho

DMC-DevilMayCry_1920x1080.jpg

its insane

based QLOC

Sajjaja

I'm all about the PC Gaming Elitist lyfe. Gotta use those graphical settings bruv.
I die a little on the inside every time I take a screenshot of a 3D game I can't have on a decent resolution.

What were your laptop specs?

My laptop specs are pretty similar to yours. So you got good performance from Dishonored? One of the reasons I've been hesitant to buy it when it goes on sell is that the minimum specs I saw just before release where a bit too high for my laptop to run well. If the game ran well in your laptop, then I could have hope.

Oh yeah. It ran ridiculously well. Very little slowdown. I was at 1024x600 (I think).

This computer can even run Crysis 2 at playable speeds. I've done it. I've lived that Crysis lyfe.

JaseC

so, I wish there was an option to when you launch a game from normal steam, just launch it on Big Picture mode

wouldnt this be fairly easy to do?

that way I can take screenshots with the pad command if its a 360 controller game

You're just too lazy to hold down the guide button for a few seconds to launch BPM.

So I loaded up AirBuccaneers and the servers are completely empty. Doesn't look like there's any kind of single player either. Too bad, it looked like it could be a decently fun game.

Salsa

btw I think the OST for Burnout Paradise is perfect

open world racing doing stunts and shit and suddenly Avril Lavigne comes on the radio? fuck yes i'll take that

How good is the DMC4 on PC? I have no interested in DmC but loved DMC4 on 360 and might double dip down the road if the port is good and has 360 pad support.

pitch perfect and almost as good as DmC in terms of compatibility

its MT frameworks, so you're good to go

Knurek

its there dood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NADDGL1SVDY

it was in Burnout Dominator too, that's probably what you're saying?

Yeah, was for sure in Dominator (in 5 different language versions for some reason? The Japanese version was strangely fitting)

Played Paradise for 20 something hours, didn't have the song came up once. Might have subconsciously deleted it from the playlist though.

Anyways, nothing beats Takedown soundtrack. Nothing.

JaseC

more like for it to load, go to library, etc etc

and thinking all of this ahead of just launchin the thing

its a legit bother leave me alone

It actually would be nice of BPM remembered your location prior to launch. So, for instance, if you were using Detail View and had selected CS:GO prior to launching BPM, it automatically moves to that game after the splash screen.

Salsa

It actually would be nice of BPM remembered your location prior to launch. So, for instance, if you were using Detail View and had selected CS:GO prior to launching BPM, it automatically moves to that game after the splash screen.

or just you know, let me take screenshots with guide button + RT on regular-ass steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom