• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

Oh yeah. It ran ridiculously well. Very little slowdown. I was at 1024x600 (I think).

This computer can even run Crysis 2 at playable speeds. I've done it. I've lived that Crysis lyfe.

well that's it. Dishonored will be mine in the next sale.

jediyoshi

DmC might just be the best PC port of all fucking time tho

DMC-DevilMayCry_1920x1080.jpg

its insane

based QLOC

Aww man, my video card is just two slots away from not even showing up in benchmarks anymore ]:

I want to play Gone Home but should probably wait for Oculus Rift support given it's getting it and my backlog is ever expanding.

Anyone here given it a go?

Sajjaja

Uh... How playable are we talking here? Like what framerate?

lol it's been a while since I've tried it (a year or more), but since your processor is faster than mine, I don't see why you can't run it better. If I were to remember as best as I could.......maybe 15-20 fps? It wasn't perfect but it was playable. I didn't finish it though. Got bored.

well that's it. Dishonored will be mine in the next sale.

Good decision. Fantastic game.

π fps

lol.

Just because I played HL2 on these specs originally:

AMD Duron 1,4 Ghz
Geforce MX440SE
1 gigs of RAM
under Linux under WINE 0.something

have another good game:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-AA3F139C22685AC6 - Taken by delirium

Grief.exe

So what is the best way to get a shotgun to the tunnel man for the Ice Caves shortcut?

I have been trying to kill a shopkeeper and get down there, but its tough. I managed to get to the 4th floor jungles with a shotgun, and 1 health. Didn't make it.

Sajjaja

So what is the best way to get a shotgun to the tunnel man for the Ice Caves shortcut?

I have been trying to kill a shopkeeper and get down there, but its tough. I managed to get to the 4th floor jungles with a shotgun, and 1 health. Didn't make it.

Bombs lol. Took me about 3-4 tries to kill the shopkeeper with bombs because they move so fucking fast, but you can do it easy if you got a catchers mitt and some bomb paste.

A little giveaway
ModBot said:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-4698A6199C31D505 - Taken by kaleii
Oil Rush -- MB-C9979EBAA95CB1FA - Taken by Bluth54

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
DmC might just be the best PC port of all fucking time tho

DMC-DevilMayCry_1920x1080.jpg

its insane

based QLOC
Can my GTX770 handle it? It's not on the list!

But seriously, those are some absurd numbers. A couple of weeks ago I was used to 30FPS. :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I love having a launcher to launch another game. It's not completely redundant or anything.

I've not encountered any issues with Uplay, outside of the slow updates, but I would prefer it if the Steam versions of Ubi's games used Steamworks and the matter of Uplay was left up to the user.

Deques

Ok whats up with the sudden obsession of timeshift? It's been for nearly 6 years, why are people all of a sudden wanting it so badly?

I think it's JaseC's obsession to own everything that Steam has to offer and all those games that Steam doesn't offer anymore

Hnng, not sure if I did this right, fingers crossed

ModBot said:

I am giving away 5 Origin keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Burnout Paradise -- MB-FCEC32C344ADE035
Dead Space 1 -- MB-8E7FF178DDFBDEF4
Mirrors Edge -- MB-DFD9CCBEF07F4167
Medal Of Honor 2010 -- MB-5E9F7CDF445D60A1
Crysis 2 -- MB-4D4C80A3A1B16403

Arthea

Profile shows I have 100 games. Library shows 99.

Which is it steam ;_;

edit: inb4 "too few either way"

I have the same problem, profile shows 114 games, I find 112 in my list. It might have something to do with expansions I think, they count as games but after installing don't show in the list anymore, only main game.

Answer this question: Would you like to blow shit up on Mars?

It's very good. Play on easy.

I'll idle some more games and get cards, maybe I can get it for free. :lol

Those summer sale cards are still dropping in price, it's insane. Logic would dictate they eventually will go up again, but it's gonna take a while.

Arthea

I was somehow sure I'll like Tower Wars. I don't, bummer.
Somehow lately I can't do right, I blame steam of course.
I noticed when you have a few games, you tend to do better work choosing them and end up enjoying them more. When you have too many, you just make situation even worse by adding even more and then there is nothing to play still, sigh (><)

oipic

Somehow lately I can't do right, I blame steam of course.
I noticed when you have a few games, you tend to do better work choosing them and end up enjoying them more. When you have too many, you just make situation even worse by adding even more and then there is nothing to play still, sigh (><)

Don't beat yourself up because one game didn't click with you!

SteamGAF has a great record when it comes to helping folks find something/working out what to play next. What's in your backlog, or what have you started but not returned to recently? Throw some titles at us, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom