• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autofokus

I was somehow sure I'll like Tower Wars. I don't, bummer.
Somehow lately I can't do right, I blame steam of course.
I noticed when you have a few games, you tend to do better work choosing them and end up enjoying them more. When you have too many, you just make situation even worse by adding even more and then there is nothing to play still, sigh (><)

It's not you, Tower Wars is simply not a good game and I really like the tower defense genre.

Salsa

ib1sX01dGBhnXq.PNG

soon

Milamber

Is this what we are reduced to? A pretty good Anna game came out and we are just putting it to our wishlists in hope we can buy it at under $10 or less.

BorntoPlay

For games from Origin bundle you can generate even second (Extra) Origin keys, other than that from the bundle itself.

Right click the game from Steam and choose "View CD key" and a new Origin key will appear for that game.

You can get 2x origin keys this way.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
One of these days I'm going to go through Steam's 80-odd pages of games and add all the licensed ones to my wishlist.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Is this what we are reduced to? A pretty good Anna game came out and we are just putting it to our wishlists in hope we can buy it at under $10 or less.

I'm budgeting pretty hard as I'm not only saving to buy a house in London(!) but also hoping to scrape some money together for an engagement ring. If I'm getting games at all recently it's when they're under £5 on Steam, in a Humble Bundle or gifted through the increasingly surprising generosity of my fellow GAFfers. I'm forcing myself to play through my backlog rather than getting new games and using the wishlist as a "games I don't want to forget about but will pick up when I've finished other stuff off and it goes on sale" sort of thing. It looks great, I just can't afford new stuff when I have a bunch of games already I haven't played so I'll get round to it sometime later on.

Salsa

fightsticks with art unrelated to fighting games are kinda bleh for me but Hotline Miami just kinda makes sense, and "do you like hurting other people?" fits too well

also pink <3

Arthea

Don't beat yourself up because one game didn't click with you!

SteamGAF has a great record when it comes to helping folks find something/working out what to play next. What's in your backlog, or what have you started but not returned to recently? Throw some titles at us, maybe?

Nah, it's OK really, I still can play Civ or King's Bounty or racing games. It's not all gloom and doom, simply I have so many games I don't like, it's getting ridiculous.

It's not you, Tower Wars is simply not a good game and I really like the tower defense genre.

Thanks! I feel better, I probably was spoiled out of tower defense games by Plants and Zombies, then who wasn't. (><)

Milamber

I'm budgeting pretty hard as I'm not only saving to buy a house in London(!) but also hoping to scrape some money together for an engagement ring. If I'm getting games at all recently it's when they're under £5 on Steam, in a Humble Bundle or gifted through the increasingly surprising generosity of my fellow GAFfers. I'm forcing myself to play through my backlog rather than getting new games and using the wishlist as a "games I don't want to forget about but will pick up when I've finished other stuff off and it goes on sale" sort of thing. It looks great, I just can't afford new stuff when I have a bunch of games already I haven't played so I'll get round to it sometime later on.

Well, that's justified. I'm also helping my younger brother by buying his engagement rings all the while looking for good land to build my future house in too.

I guess I'm speaking to fantomena the younger crowd that has the money and the time but just don't want to buy it at the price it is currently offered.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Well, that's justified. I'm also helping my younger brother by buying his engagement rings all the while looking for good land to build my future house in too.

I guess I'm speaking to fantomena the younger crowd that has the money and the time but just don't want to buy it at the price it is currently offered.

Hope that all works out for you and your brother! I think the "wait for a sale" thing is just part of Steam now. The seasonal sales drill this idea of "don't ever buy at full price" into people, and so everything goes onto the wishlist until it gets a big discount.

Arthea

Don't force yourself to play your backlog, it can make you hate gaming in general, true story! I gave up on my backlog entirely, I only hope it's not too late for me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I paid $20 for the Max Payne 3 Season Pass because I was inebriated, not realising A) It was Aussie Taxed and B) There was a R* sale on and so the game would be a Daily in the near future.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Don't force yourself to play your backlog, it can make you hate gaming in general, true story! I gave up on my backlog entirely, I only hope it's not too late for me.

Well, I only recently got back into PC gaming as my laptop had died, I finally ended up with a new one earlier in the year and had a bunch of games I never got around to playing/couldn't run before that I can now play through. I'm not forcing myself to play the backlog as such, more like taking advantage of the games I haven't played/finished before buying anything over £5 or so. I don't tend to buy too indiscriminately anymore so more of the stuff in my "backlog" are games that I'd genuinely like to play.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry, if I ever win the lottery I promise you I'll buy it at full price. Until then, I'm not gonna spend $18 on it, which I think is way too much.

Da fug? 4 mantis dudes blasted through all of my LVL 3 blast doors and killed every body and ruined my best run ever. Fuck you mantis.

FTL? FML :(

I guess I'd be part of that younger crowd (27 still counts, right?), and for me it's about the time for these new games. If it's something i'm going to play right away, sure I'll pay
close to
full price for it. If it seems sweet, but i'm not going to be playing it for a while, why would I pay full price for it to sit in my library?

Are these nice Sennheisers I'm looking at going to make all games sound like shit when it turns out they have horrible, compressed soundfiles?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Are these nice Sennheisers I'm looking at going to make all games sound like shit when it turns out they have horrible, compressed soundfiles?

I haven't had any issues with noticing terrible sound quality or anything with my HE-400s, but then again, I haven't played an RPGs or anything where there's a ton of voices (those ones have a higher chance of being bad, I'd suspect, but who knows). What you will start to notice is that a lot of indie games have fantastic audio.

But no, overall, you'll be very pleased with how games sound. I can only remember instances where I've been impressed with audio and I can't remember any instances that were the opposite.

Edit: Which Senns do you plan to get?

I haven't had any issues with noticing terrible sound quality or anything with my HE-400s, but then again, I haven't played an RPGs or anything where there's a ton of voices (those ones have a higher chance of being bad, I'd suspect, but who knows). What you will start to notice is that a lot of indie games have fantastic audio.

But no, overall, you'll be very pleased with how games sound. I can only remember instances where I've been impressed with audio and I can't remember any instances that were the opposite.

Edit: Which Senns do you plan to get?

The 598s were the ones I'm looking at, the 650s apparently don't work as well for gaming. Not sure about the 600s, just started researching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom