• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Guys; what is your most played game on steam?

For me it's L4D2 with
hours

Steam wasn't tracking hours when I used to play CS:S every day. It would have been hundreds and hundreds.

If League of Legends was on steam it'd be in the 500 hour range.

So in the end it's BL2 with 51 hours lol.

Damn it, only got $10.40 and Shelter's releasing this month. Didnt want to clear out my wallet so soon, who knows what crazy indie releases are coming later this month or next month

Now I'm unclear, is Shelter open world? Linear? Procedurally generated?

Dingotech

Binding of Isaac respect to those with 100 hours plus!!

Just killed Satan for the first time myself, funnily enough doing it whilst on a challenge run!

Nillansan

The Chaos Engine will be available on Steam on August 29, the pre-order option will open tonight.

pDeK2Bu.jpg

Hands-on Trailer

Source

Cheddahz

Banned
I wish I would had played some Dust last night, but I got too busy setting up my new laptop...

For me it's L4D2 with
hours

NBA 2K13 with 193 hours is the most I have put into a game on Steam

Knurek

I only snagged The Saboteur. I didn't particularly care about anything else.

Speaking of which, it has some terrible performance problems on my temp rig (G2030+6770), barely breaking 30 fps whenever anything happens in game.

Anyone know of any speed up tips for the game for ATI users?

Fireblend

Banned
Tried Burnout Paradise yesterday. I've wanted to play it for a while and was sufficiently satisfied, even though I mostly just drove everywhere crashing my car
KuGsj.gif
I also found a motorcycle but I couldn't see how to use it for missions; are there motorcycle missions later in the game? I tried the "stop at traffic lights" thing but didn't get the prompt to start any mission while on it.

Also, how do I know what missions to play? The starter car seems to be at a huge disadvantage in everything I tried :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Damn it, only got $10.40 and Shelter's releasing this month. Didnt want to clear out my wallet so soon, who knows what crazy indie releases are coming later this month or next month

The game's Greenlight page offers the following overview:

Shelter is a third-person, single-player adventure game for PC and Mac and that is developed in Unity. It tells the story of a badger family facing the dangers of the wild, while the cubs are too young to survive without their mother. The games narrative is linear and guides the player through the badger families’ life, and different scenarios that nature brings: Deep forests, vast fields, dark nights, heavy rain, hungry predators and even raging wildfires.

derExperte

Tried Burnout Paradise yesterday. I've wanted to play it for a while and was sufficiently satisfied, even though I mostly just drove everywhere crashing my car
KuGsj.gif
I also found a motorcycle but I couldn't see how to use it for missions; are there motorcycle missions later in the game? I tried the "stop at traffic lights" thing but didn't get the prompt to start any mission while on it.

Also, how do I know what missions to play? The starter car seems to be at a huge disadvantage in everything I tried :(

If you go to a scapyard you can change between cars and motorcycles. And check what class the car is, there are different race categories like stunts or normal races.

scokem

Neo Member
Time for another giveaway - good luck all:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Torchlight -- MB-4D74ED037D601775 - Taken by Cheddahz
Dead Space -- MB-67A0FF5FCB96EA4E - Taken by Baconsaurus Rex
Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-B8C5A1E20127C0E3 - Taken by wetflame
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-16093F551EDE5463 - Taken by liezryou
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-890334B9871E1702 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe
Space Empires V -- MB-A41B5E78B0B43A7D - Taken by drizzle
Medal of Honor -- MB-83A76C89656EF963
Poker Night At The Inventory -- MB-2F1292A3FBED57A8 - Taken by Dingotech

Anomaly Warzone Earth and NightSky are both still up for grabs from my previous giveaway here

On another note, was anyone able to confirm if buying Saints Row IV from Nuuvem results in needing a Brazilian VPN or proxy to unlock it if you're elsewhere in the world? I wanna pick it up however from Steam it's 35.99 whereas Nuuvem works out at 20.49 so quite the saving, but if there's a load of aggro/hassle in doing the latter I'll probably just go through Steam.

Nillansan

The game was fun. But they should add more than just a few more weapons and enemies to make it more entertaining.

I agree. Now that they are launching it through Early Access, I do hope they will develop the game around player feedback.

I have faith Vlambeer, they're good people.

Cheddahz

Banned
Thank you scokem for Torchlight! Mom recently moved and she is finally starting to use her Steam account I made her, so she'll have something else to play besides Civ V!

JaseC

Speaking of which, it has some terrible performance problems on my temp rig (G2030+6770), barely breaking 30 fps whenever anything happens in game.

Anyone know of any speed up tips for the game for ATI users?

From what I can gather it didn't play nicely with Radeon cards upon release and due to Pandemic's closure there wasn't much post-release support. AMD's done what they can on the driver side, so if you haven't done so already I'd ensure your drivers are up-to-date, but it's still a less-than-ideal experience.

Anomaly Warzone Earth and NightSky are both still up for grabs from my previous giveaway here

On another note, was anyone able to confirm if buying Saints Row IV from Nuuvem results in needing a Brazilian VPN or proxy to unlock it if you're elsewhere in the world? I wanna pick it up however from Steam it's 35.99 whereas Nuuvem works out at 20.49 so quite the saving, but if there's a load of aggro/hassle in doing the latter I'll probably just go through Steam.

Great giveaway man. Hope the entrants enjoy those great games.

JaseC

Thanks. I was reading through the Q&A discussion on the community page and found that the game is:

Sounds cool. Damn, hate having to make decisions like this. Anyone of any other games that might get released soon? Or should I wait for the next big Sale?

The Autumn Sale is three months away so if you have enough stuff to tie you over until then, it'd be worth waiting for a discount. It'll probably be half off by then.

ss_lemonade

The Chaos Engine will be available on Steam on August 29, the pre-order option will open tonight.
Oh wow, Soldiers of Fortune! I remember this playing this awesome game with my brother on the genesis.

Looking at wikipedia, I never knew a sequel was released. Looks like it was a good followup too

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Thanks for the giveaway, I grabbed Space Empires V.

I don't think that you need a VPN to redeem Saints Row IV. There's no Brazilian-only versions of games that would require that, afaik.

kevin1025

Banned

I'm in the same boat, been waiting for Shelter and my funds are dwindling (Divekick in a few days isn't helping). Any news on when Shelter is coming?

grkazan12

Would love Crysis 2

For me it's L4D2 with
hours

Football Manager 2012, 200h.
Followed by Football Manager 2011, 119h.
Followed by Football Manager 2010, 115h.
Followed by Football Manager 2013, 107h.
Followed by Football Manager 2009, 96h.

I think I love this series...

maty

Binding of Isaac respect to those with 100 hours plus!!

Hehe, 178 hours here.

I was around the 80 hour mark when I got the golden god achievement, erased my save file and did it again before the DLC was released.

Though I have all achievements, I still need to find 1 last item, which means I might cross the 200 hours played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom