• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

O Tavares

Neo Member
Really? My apologies then. Had no idea it worked that way. Thought you had to pay above average for the extra content.

Now I just need time to play all these games. Yesterday I managed to try Burnout Paradise but got so disappointed with the open world in the game. Why do companies do this? EA specially. What is the need for an open world in a racing game? And most of the times it's just a pathetic attempt of an open world.

I miss the days of Need for Speed: Underground or Burnout 3 where you just had to click a menu and you were right in the action. Imo, that's how every racing game should be. Open worlds just cut the pace. I already have plenty of boring driving in my daily routine, thank you.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
For gaming you do not want bass, but clear directional audio.

Well I'm fairly certain all the headphones in that price range have clear directional audio. However, not all of them have significant bass. Bass makes audio a little more exciting. A rocket launcher exploding near you doesn't have quite the same impact when your headphones don't have any bass.

I'm curious what's the group name?

Sorry for the late reply but I'm afraid I can't tell you now as I told Steam to ignore the request so it's not showing up any longer. I want to say it was something like Terranigma or something but I've slept since so your guess is as good as mine.

So me and some guys at work put up a small pool to see who could beat Alan Wake first. 2 chapters in and I just can't do it. This is one of the most boring games I've ever played. =\

Did you start it on Nightmare difficulty? The game's mechanics feel pretty pointless on lower difficulties.

I liked it for the story and night springs episodes. Gameplay just wasn't very good though.

*sadface* I've been playing it recently and have been having a blast. Oh well, one man's meat and all that. Oh don't get me wrong, there are plenty of things that I would criticise the game over but it hasn't stopped me really enjoying it. I enjoyed the DLC perhaps even more and so far feel that way about AW's A Nightmare.

Giran

Rumours say that the bonuses are following
Red Alert 3 - Uprising
Bulletstorm
Medal of Honor - Airbourne
Dead Space 2

To be fair, these rumors are just based on package updates in the steam database and given how they're distributed as individual keys, they may not have much relevance.

JakeD

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Dead Space -- MB-F50C5904E6466835 - Taken by Fl1pp13
Crysis 2 Origin -- MB-22179A5CA896D65A - Taken by Mugatu
Medal Of Honor Origin -- MB-07460480F622F00C
Mirrors Edge Origin -- MB-246FD534A82340D6
Burnout Paradise Origin -- MB-5697AAB48383D3C6
Satazius -- MB-7104EBE3FFFC2A29 - Taken by Sportbilly
Dead Space Origin -- MB-FEEB0268747CA5FA - Taken by kennah
Mirrors Edge -- MB-A46B04B6E8F82541 - Taken by Divius

if there's anyone left who still needs these...

_machine

Red Alert 3 and Airbourne would be nice, but I think they're the least likely from the bunch to be included. Since I already got DS2 and Bullestorm I think they're given to be included :D

Eanan

Huh, never heard of that ISP, though that's pretty much exactly my speeds with UPC.

Considering I was getting just under a mb download a week ago, this is a massive jump. Took under 10 mins to download DS 3.

Ive never heard of the ISP either, I didnt organise the upgrade, but hey, fast broadband!

Guys; what is your most played game on steam?

For me it's L4D2 with
hours

Fútbol manager 2012: ~100 hours

And because of that, ill never buy a football manager game again. Genuinely became addicted to it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't do it either.

The bug has been around since the Steam Community beta. I figured it'd be fixed within a week or so, but here we are, some three months later.

For me it's L4D2 with
hours

CS:S, 1069 hours. I stopped playing online regularly about 2.5 years ago, though.

Kuroyume

Banned
Binding of Isaac: 168 hours

Remake is instant day one purchase. And I wasn't even looking forward to that game. Just an extra I got off a bundle and bothered to try because of some steam sale achivement. I think it was for that coal one?

Is anyone interested in a Hammerwatch 4 pack? I'm about to pull the trigger and buy it from the developer's site. PM me if you want in, $5 for a key.

For me it's L4D2 with
hours
I'm closing in on 1000 hours of Dota 2. Damn, is that game addictive.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Team Fortress 2: 189 hours
Binding of Isaac: 155 hours.

I idled in TF2 so you can probably ignore a bit of that.

Edit: My TF2 stats page says I've played 33.19 hours, so I'm not sure why there's such a huge discrepency.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What tag?

It's set as my Steam Community URL. ;) I had a nasty habit of growing bored of my names within a matter of weeks and changing them, so one day I told myself I'd stick with the first thing that popped into my head and I've managed to remain true to my word since.

Edit: Well, that excludes the dumb names I come with when one of my mates and I get together and get drunk while playing GunGame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom