• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys; what is your most played game on steam?

For me it's L4D2 with
hours
Deus Ex with 39 hours. Yeah, I don't play many long games, and the ones I replayed several times I didn't have on Steam until recently.

For example, I put around 40 hours into each Mass Effect, but that wasn't on the Steam versions. Same with F.E.A.R., which I played 3.5 times, or Max Payne (3 times). To be honest, I'm kinda glad I have no way to track my time spent on the original version of Duke Nukem 3D or Jazz Jackrabbit 2 as a kid, because I believe that would be very near the 3 digits mark, or maybe a little higher.

Oreoleo

Dead Space - HAF49-VYB7L-9F86L
Burnout Paradise - D86BM-ELR8D-X0DYJ
Mirror's Edge - 04V9E-2JWCC-H24IP

PS I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but if you buy the DLC for Mirror's Edge in Origin then copy the entire ME folder over to Steam you'll be able to play the DLC in Steam without fucking anything up. I did it last year when EA gave all that stuff away for free on accident. Good times.

liezryou

Time for another giveaway - good luck all:

Anomaly Warzone Earth and NightSky are both still up for grabs from my previous giveaway here

On another note, was anyone able to confirm if buying Saints Row IV from Nuuvem results in needing a Brazilian VPN or proxy to unlock it if you're elsewhere in the world? I wanna pick it up however from Steam it's 35.99 whereas Nuuvem works out at 20.49 so quite the saving, but if there's a load of aggro/hassle in doing the latter I'll probably just go through Steam.

Thanks for nuclear dawn!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Which steam free to play games are worth playing (excluding team fortress 2 and Dota 2)? I feel like trying some out but have no idea what I'm looking for.

Dolor

It's kind of funny to read back through the pages I missed last night and see all the unredeemed Origin code giveaways...

For me it's L4D2 with
hours

Simcity 4 at about 140 hours

Which steam free to play games are worth playing (excluding team fortress 2 and Dota 2)? I feel like trying some out but have no idea what I'm looking for.

Planetside 2 is a really fun game if you like shooters and spectacle. Biggest problem with the game is finding and staying with the action, but man is the action good when it happens.

Sober

Planetside 2 is a really fun game if you like shooters and spectacle. Biggest problem with the game is finding and staying with the action, but man is the action good when it happens.
Haven't played in a few weeks but they are pretty good about it since you can instantly jump into a platoon, just stick with the numbers on the map. That and it is really clear on the map where huge battles are going on.

Wow! One time I looked at the time played on my Diablo 3 file (I know, I know the game sucks) and I was sad that it said like 158 hours. I stopped playing because I was like "I could have done so much else with that time"

Power to you for enjoying the game so much!

Looking at these numbers makes me feel pathetic by how much I dwarfed them. :)

chugen

have fun
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mirror's Edge -- MB-A747F5BC59FA5368 - Taken by AsylumX
RIP Trilogy -- MB-059FDB7AB748E380 - Taken by intheinbetween
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem -- MB-E9235825D5814B20 - Taken by trailmix16
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-57C02225D4112CB7 - Taken by webrunner
Robin Hood Legend of Sherwood -- MB-DD87F777EB2C838D - Taken by r3n4ud
The Showdown Effect #2 -- MB-F55372E4CC3CB20E - Taken by Deliverance
Thomas Was Alone #2 -- MB-916C5CA5EBDE4F98 - Taken by Divius
The Showdown Effect -- MB-9C1F8F41AB9B910B - Taken by BorntoPlay
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-55AC01241728200A - Taken by BadAss2961
Botanicula -- MB-B03FC54000DF19CA - Taken by oipic
Dead Space -- MB-8D3ABDC2DE8932A8 - Taken by CrunchyFrog
Jagged Alliance 2 -- MB-71545595A2122215 - Taken by pettson3816
Restaurant Empire 2 -- MB-647EA8A45F965B20 - Taken by Vindicis
Earth 2160 -- MB-787C7167BF0504E3 - Taken by DexterPepper
Medal of Honor -- MB-145A9A7F20D7FFAE - Taken by kennah
Botanicula #2 -- MB-89F8DEA9400CDD5E - Taken by Kipp
Tropico 3 -- MB-E88CBCA0494C1B63 - Taken by zychi
Patrician IV -- MB-B849E595E8A14AA5 - Taken by MMBosstones86
Pacific Storm -- MB-B53FBC8E4A24FBAD - Taken by statham
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-A139C8DADA34C90F - Taken by Megasoum
McPixel -- MB-CAD693141E751C85 - Taken by KMD
McPixel #2 -- MB-00E2FD40933FEFAA - Taken by Frank Jaeger

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
PS I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but if you buy the DLC for Mirror's Edge in Origin then copy the entire ME folder over to Steam you'll be able to play the DLC in Steam without fucking anything up. I did it last year when EA gave all that stuff away for free on accident. Good times.
Nice, I'm going to do this then. Do I need to download the Steam version first?

Turfster

God, it sounds like Space Hulk is an awful version.
Buggy, slow, and a graphical mess, without all the fun of the original.
Why? Sigh. Guess I'm pulling it from my wishlist.

Dolor

Haven't played in a few weeks but they are pretty good about it since you can instantly jump into a platoon, just stick with the numbers on the map. That and it is really clear on the map where huge battles are going on.

Yeah, I never really had a problem with it either. I was mostly just relaying criticism I had heard about it. I would highly recommend it. To me, it's the most engaging MP shooter around.

Apologies for multi-post.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
God, it sounds like Space Hulk is an awful version.
Buggy, slow, and a graphical mess, without all the fun of the original.
Why? Sigh. Guess I'm pulling it from my wishlist.
?!
That would be such a shame, it looked so promising :(

P.S - There's still a hidden Medal Of Honor Origin code.

Leks

HYQVGxJ.jpg

Challenges.

Turfster

?!
That would be such a shame, it looked so promising :(

Yeah, I was really looking forward to it. Wanted to be able to play with the friend I used to play the TT version with again (He moved to JaseC-land like, 15 years ago)

I've heard it from a few people now, and here's a review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom