• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

So, I bought Spelunky on release day sight unseen based on gaf's love of it and shortly thereafter had buyers remorse; however, I kept playing and while playing (and dying) I was learning. As of yesterday I have completed the shortcut to the area after the mines. This game is hard, but it's a heck of a lot of fun. It's one of those games that if you stick with and learn about you eventually get better and as you improve you begin to enjoy it more. Though, it may be possible I'm in the minority of people who bought it and were like, "This is what all the hype was about? I'm not seeing it."

PriitV

Cut my arm, only Omid and Christa survided, rescued Clem and told her to cuff me, save the bullet and abandom me

Which one did you choose?

The same, but
told her to end me.
The DLC was nice too, can't wait for season 2, might even buy at full price.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Cut my arm, only Omid and Christa survided, rescued Clem and told her to cuff me, save the bullet and abandom me

Which one did you choose?
Same except I
kept my arm
. Loved the entire thing, great writing and very memorable. Still need to grab the DLC, sounds like it's not as good as the main campaign but that's to be expected since it's so much shorter.

Grief.exe

What the hell is a miniature bear octo?

KM0iRnl.png

Same except I
kept my arm
. Loved the entire thing, great writing and very memorable. Still need to grab the DLC, sounds like it's not as good as the main campaign but that's to be expected since it's so much shorter.
I still need to grab the DLC as well, will get it as soon as it goes on sale, as much as I liked the game 5€ is a bit too much for just an hour of content.

Nabs

http://steamcommunity.com/games/222940/announcements/detail/1695890246258773576

To our KoF Beta testers,
AUGUST 16TH, 2013 - SNK.DIR_Y2

We are incredibly happy at the reception and excitement at which KOFXIII S.E. has been received! Thank you for all of your comments, across these forums and across the web!

Firstly, allow us to explain a few things:

- KOFXIII S.E will be a fusion of KOFXIII CLIMAX and the Xbox360 version of KOFXIII. The gameplay of KOFXIII S.E. is based on KOFXIII CLIMAX. The UI, menus, and configs are based on the Xbox 360 version of KOFXIII
- Since there may be lower performing PCs out there, we have introduced a "Static" and "Dynamic" background system available in the Graphics Options menu. If you are receiving low FPS, consider trying out the "Static" background mode.
- There are also 2 Frame Rate modes available: "Fixed" and "Variable". In the interests of better online experiences, Online play will be fixed to the "Fixed" Frame Rate mode.
- The closed beta will only feature Online play. We understand the importance of excellent netcode and so we wish to utilize this beta test as a means of collecting feedback on our new netcode. We will then use this feedback to further improve the netcode where possible.

We have worked really hard on the netcode. We have run tests between the USA, UK and Japan, all with excellent results. But we know that through your testing and feedback, we may be able squeeze out some extra performance.

We look forward to working with you all in order to make KOFXIII S.E. an excellent gaming experience. September 13th will be an excellent day for us all!

Y2

They are really going hard with improved netcode talk

Definitely hold back on reading the spoilers. It ruins the experience if you know where things are heading.

ugh i know. A while back someone decided to post pictures of the last episode and lets just say I saw some things I wish I didn't. Don't know the context of course, but we'll see when I get there.

Game has already had some jaw dropping moments.
Carly getting shot in the fucking head by Lily
was a Whoa moment for me.

kevin1025

Banned
ugh i know. A while back someone decided to post pictures of the last episode and lets just say I saw some things I wish I didn't. Don't know the context of course, but we'll see when I get there.

That was the moment for me too where I knew this game wasn't playing around. Seeing some of the finale stuff out of context is not so bad, it's a game about the journey more than the destination. But hopefully it wasn't spoiled TOO badly.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
tumblr_mhb0fjll1V1qadqfco1_1280.jpg

Yeah, I lost all my shits at that part. Ep 3 is one hell of a ride.

Grief.exe

Since when did war of roses went F2P?

I believe at the beginning of this year it went F2P.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but when it first dropped it had a weird system where you could play, but you couldn't level up or unlock new weapons until you bought the full game.
I don't know if they have since changed that system and made it F2P proper.

Either way, game never stood a chance against Chivalry.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
How does the Betrayer play?

I'm ok with the graphical style, but I haven't got a single clue if the actual gameplay's any good.
It's made by the F.E.A.R. and NOLF devs. I expect it to be no less than absolutely fucking fantastic.

Bought it last night using $6 from selling cards (had to pay the rest myself), but I still haven't tried it yet.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I remember back when I first got online in the late 90s, I accepted the challenge of breaking Rule 34.

I chose car fucking. There was one post from a usenet discussion group.

Now the internet is fucking filled with car fucking.

God damn the internet sometimes. It makes nightmares too available.

Grief.exe

Pretty cool. I'm actually more interested in it now than I was before. Thanks for the video.

Still not sure about the art style but I think I need to see it in full resolution instead of a 480p youtube video.

Are you on your phone?

You can adjust the resolution by clicking the little cog wheel in the lower right-hand corner. I uploaded in 1080p.

It's made by the F.E.A.R. and NOLF devs. I expect it to be no less than absolutely fucking fantastic.

Bought it last night using $6 from selling cards (had to pay the rest myself), but I still haven't tried it yet.

The gameplay really shows that too.

The combat just feels right.

Prophane33

cant wait for my xbox controller to come. i cant play all those games with a keyboard mouse anymore

You seriously didn't have one before? I bought one the month after I got my "gaming" PC. Super Meat Boy with a keyboard was the straw that broke the camel's back. Some games just NEED a controller, and the wired Xbox 360 controller is the best no frills/plug and play controller for the PC.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Who's
Carly
?

Whools

Yep, First time ever i've been
so angry at a game when the game meant me to. jaw was on the floor

FloatOn

what I appreciate most about Grief's video is the lack of profanity. So many youtube commentators are like "fuck" every 0.5 seconds.

not that I don't use profanity but shit on youtube is excessive.

That said, Betrayer does look much better than the screen shots would have you believe.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Just picked up a new gaming rig, have steam and a few games but no friends. LT_Dans_Legs is my gamertag, please add me. L4D1\2, TF2, DOW2\Chaos\Retribution, Warband and new Deus Ex is all I have.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

chugen

You seriously didn't have one before? I bought one the month after I got my "gaming" PC. Super Meat Boy with a keyboard was the straw that broke the camel's back. Some games just NEED a controller, and the wired Xbox 360 controller is the best no frills/plug and play controller for the PC.

well i was always on console, but got bored from the 360 a few month ago and then remembered i created a steam account last year. and then the sales happened.

Grief.exe

what I appreciate most about Grief's video is the lack of profanity. So many youtube commentators are like "fuck" every 0.5 seconds.

not that I don't use profanity but shit on youtube is excessive.

That said, Betrayer does look much better than the screen shots would have you believe.

Good thing I wasn't recording while I was in the dark world! The enemies can pop out right in front of you.

Keep you on the edge of your seat, and I definitely said, 'holy fuck,' a couple of times.

cant wait for my xbox controller to come. i cant play all those games with a keyboard mouse anymore

Playing Spelunky without a controller would be a nightmare. I did play Sleeping Dogs with just M/KB though, worked great.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The gameplay really shows that too.

The combat just feels right.
Damn it man, I can't play it yet, I should finish Assassin's Creed 2 first! You're only making the wait much harder to endure :(

you meet her in episode 1. Have you played the game? you may have had a different person depending on early choices if so.
Oh, you mean
the girl that I left to die in order to save Doug?
No wonder I didn't remember her, lol

FloatOn

Good thing I wasn't recording while I was in the dark world! The enemies can pop out right in front of you.

Keep you on the edge of your seat, and I definitely said, 'holy fuck,' a couple of times.

I think "holy fuck" is okay because at least it employs the use of an adjective. Fuck for fucks sake is played out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom