• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it man, I can't play it yet, I should finish Assassin's Creed 2 first! You're only making the wait much harder to endure :(

Keep in mind that the game is still in early alpha, but what they have so far shows a lot of promise.

And you're lucky I already played TWD, that edit wasn't there when I quoted lol.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Keep in mind that the game is still in early alpha, but what they have so far shows a lot of promise.
Yeah, I know. Heard there weren't any graphical settings in-game yet.

I'll finish AC2, then start Betrayer. And then cry due to the death of the F.E.A.R. franchise and the fact that I'll never play as Cate Archer again.

Grief.exe

I must be doing something right, I've seen 5-10, "your video convinced me,' posts.

I'm new to making videos, so definitely learning as I go.

Yeah, I know. Heard there weren't any graphical settings in-game yet.

I'll finish AC2, then start Betrayer. And then cry due to the death of the F.E.A.R. franchise and the fact that I'll never play as Cate Archer again.

I was gifted FEAR during the summer sale. I'm kind of scared to start it.

I'm not great with jump scare games, I'm better with atmospheric games like System Shock 2 or Betrayer.

cant wait for my xbox controller to come. i cant play all those games with a keyboard mouse anymore

Yeah I tried Arkham City with KB+M and was just frustrated the whole time. Some games need a controller. I picked up a wired 360 controller about 2 months after joining steam. It really is the best but remote joy and a Dual Shock 3 works wonders as well.

Turfster

Oh, you mean
the girl that I left to die in order to save Doug?
No wonder I didn't remember her, lol

Answer spoiler:
Man, you really missed out. Doug is such a non-character. He's... bland and doesn't do shit.
Overal impression spoiler coming up:
Of course, in the end, none of the choices really matter all that much, because everything keeps coming back to the same railroaded plot.
I liked the game and it got me right in the feels, but... it has some major flaws.

I'm not great with jump scare games, I'm better with atmospheric games like System Shock 2 or Betrayer.
From what I remember (it's been... many many years since I played it on release tho), there aren't that many "jump" scares in the original FEAR. I could be wrong tho.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
guys is Red Faction Armageddon any good
It's light and fluffy and unobjectionable. I finished it a few times. Is it good? Well... There are better games out there that you probably haven't played.

It's awesome, but play it on easy.

Armageddon is quite easy, no need to follow this advice.

guerrilla on the other hand is very frustrating and should definitely be played on easy.

Dolor

Just picked up a new gaming rig, have steam and a few games but no friends. LT_Dans_Legs is my gamertag, please add me. L4D1\2, TF2, DOW2\Chaos\Retribution, Warband and new Deus Ex is all I have.

Welcome. Stick around here, and your game library will quickly increase. I'm sure there's some stray EA bundle codes in previous pages to pad your library already.

FOX_

Neo Member
Yeah I tried Arkham City with KB+M and was just frustrated the whole time. Some games need a controller. I picked up a wired 360 controller about 2 months after joining steam. It really is the best but remote joy and a Dual Shock 3 works wonders as well.

Interesting- I got through Arkham City with kb & m and didn't have any problems. I guess to each their own, though. :D

Any Gone Home impressions?

It's getting some great reviews, but so many games in my backlog and new games coming this month I'm just wondering if I should wait for a sale, or if it's one of those games that's best played "in the moment" so I don't miss the discussions about it, etc...

Giran

Mark of the Ninja DLC seems like a joke. 5€ for 1 level?

Way to go Klei. Way to go.

I think it's more about the commentary. That said, I'll probably also hold out of a sale.

I do want more games to have dev commentaries, though. Always enjoyed going through my favorite movies with commentary tracks.

FOX_

Neo Member
I must be doing something right, I've seen 5-10, "your video convinced me,' posts.

I'm new to making videos, so definitely learning as I go.

^ FEAR's not too bad. Usually you end up looking in the wrong direction when the scare happens. Doom 3 was the one that would give me heartburn- sure, it was atmospheric in its own respect, but the jump scares grew to a ridiculous level.

Grief.exe

Enslaved registry app being updated a few times today.

I might have another PSA thread to let GAF know it is ready to buy. Namco has been better about announcing their games then SNK or Square though.

i7rSPt0AckVX6.jpg
I haven't been this excited for a while, hopefully it lives up to my wild expectations :D

Grief.exe

^ FEAR's not too bad. Usually you end up looking in the wrong direction when the scare happens. Doom 3 was the one that would give me heartburn- sure, it was atmospheric in its own respect, but the jump scares grew to a ridiculous level.

Its just with really nice headphones and audio positioning. It just becomes too real for me, and kicks in that fight or flight response in my body.

I find that taking off the headphones and leaving them on the banana holder helps significantly.

From the Dolphin thread, but I had to post this. Gorgeous

Dolor

Does anyone know when you usually get your Steam code if you pre-order on GetGamesGo or the like? This is my first pre-order in quite some time, and I want to make sure I have Rome II downloaded as soon as I can.

Its just with really nice headphones and audio positioning. It just becomes too real for me, and kicks in that fight or flight response in my body.

I find that taking off the headphones and leaving them on the banana holder helps significantly.

From the Dolphin thread, but I had to post this. Gorgeous

The new Wii U screenshots of the HD version make it look substantially better. The GCN never really looked bad to begin with however.

FOX_

Neo Member
Yeah, what exactly happened to the card furor? I guess cards for Ubisoft/EA games are a no-go either way (uplay & origin), but I expected the rollout to be better than this.

HoosTrax

Yeah, what exactly happened to the card furor? I guess cards for Ubisoft/EA games are a no-go either way (uplay & origin), but I expected the rollout to be better than this.
What do you mean. There have been dozens of indie games that have had them added both before and after the beta ended. Or do you only AAA stuff?

Turfster

Ubisoft games have gotten cards, see Call of Juarez.

Get Guerilla instead you can fuck shit up with a hammer-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUBI-YVRY8
That's basically it, though. The world is one big smear of shit brown, and the rest of the gameplay is infuriatingly lacking.

FOX_

Neo Member
What do you mean. There have been dozens of indie games that have had them added both before and after the beta ended. Or do you only AAA stuff?

How dare you sir! :D No, in all seriousness I don't get my fix just from AAA devs. I simply meant recently (as in the past month or so). You're right- there have been plenty of indie game releases, so just disregard my previous query. Satisfied? :)

DukeBobby

Gone Home looks really good, but I think I'll wait until it's 50% off in a future sale.

Still undecided about Splinter Cell. If I find it for £20 at release, I might pick it up. I have extremely low expectations, so I shouldn't be too disappointed.

Grief.exe

Gone Home looks really good, but I think I'll wait until it's 50% off in a future sale.

Still undecided about Splinter Cell. If I find it for £20 at release, I might pick it up. I have extremely low expectations, so I shouldn't be too disappointed.

Hey Duke! Haven't seen you in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom