• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Is there a way to delete cookies and such stuff in Chrome without needing to go through the entire SteamGuard activation all over again?

oipic

Costume Quest is a cute and humorous little adventure.

Seconded - I was going to suggest this also.

I was a little down-in-the-dumps the other night, and found a stint of Sonic All Star Racing Transformed was a shiny, cheery little distraction, too.

Anyone have a recommendation for something to play when you need a little cheering up?

The Sam & Max games or Rayman Origins could work

Costume Quest is a cute and humorous little adventure.

Botanicula could be a good choice. Ant it's on sale.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Sam & Max, Costume Quest, and Botanicula are all very fine choices. I'll throw in Scribblenauts as well.

jediyoshi

Just need 6 more tf2 keys to trade in for a SR4 preorder. This prison economy is going to slowly kill me

Anyone have a recommendation for something to play when you need a little cheering up?

I'd go with Joe Danger, though its Amazon sale just ended and buying both at full price is pretty nuts.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There must be Valve employees who use your extension,surely?

There are several that I know of and I'm sure there are several that I don't know of. Checking my listing analytics show a statistically significant number of users from Bellevue, WA.

When I visited Valve headquarters they told me that there were some email blasts about it to the tune of "Hey everyone check this out!" (nothing bad).

So they're very much aware of Enhanced Steam. I submitted my resume once (not to GabeN but to someone else) who said they shopped it around but weren't interested. I don't take "no" for an answer usually so I continue to try, continue to get more Enhanced Steam features, continue to get more Enhanced Steam users, and continue to try to get hired by Valve.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
There are several that I know of and I'm sure there are several that I don't know of. Checking my listing analytics show a statistically significant number of users from Bellevue, WA.

When I visited Valve headquarters they told me that there were some email blasts about it to the tune of "Hey everyone check this out!" (nothing bad).

So they're very much aware of Enhanced Steam. I submitted my resume once (not to GabeN but to someone else) who said they shopped it around but weren't interested. I don't take "no" for an answer usually so I continue to try, continue to get more Enhanced Steam features, continue to get more Enhanced Steam users, and continue to try to get hired by Valve.

I am surprised that your background, entirely unrelated to Enhanced Steam, didn't merit a bite or two. IIRC you mentioned in this thread or another that you have an astro-phys background?

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

And when you get in you know what to do. HALF LIFE 3.

Turfster

Hammerwatch is fun, and luckily, the multiplayer games get saved on the server, so you can just pick up again from the last checkpoint if you get a game over.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I am surprised that your background, entirely unrelated to Enhanced Steam, didn't merit a bite or two. IIRC you mentioned in this thread or another that you have an astro-phys background?

Correct. Plus I have 22 years experience in programming. I also have professional experience in UI design, database management, and networking. I have more certifications than I can even remember at this point. But then again, they really only hire the best.

wilflare

Correct. Plus I have 22 years experience in programming. I also have professional experience in UI design, database management, and networking. I have more certifications than I can even remember at this point. But then again, they really only hire the best.

all the Enhanced Steam features need to be in the default Steam Client :/

Limbo?

j/k

IMO Prototype 2 is the ultimate stress reliever/power fantasy. You're unstoppable, you're the fastest and strongest thing in the game, you can destroy tanks and helicopters with ease, you slice through crowds of enemies like butter, bullets bounce off you

catabarez

Get a direct line to Gaben.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Went with Rayman Origins for now. Missed this game. Used to have it on the PS3 and it's such a joy to play. Really regret selling my console(someday I'll get it back). Haven't been able to play since and I didn't really even get close to finishing it(too much waiting around for my local friends to get a round of co-op going). I've only got the demo version on PC, but I find it to be enough right now.

Plus, Lums are damn adorable. Adorable isn't a word I use often but it's hard not to when you first hear them sing in unison during the beginning of the water level. Whimsical experiences like this are few and far between.

I'll give the other recommendations a try a little later.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
My key for The Bureau was actually for Spec Ops... GMG!!!!! *shakes fist*

It's just a filter somewhere in the UE3 cfgs.

F168361A6D725AD66D7E3D6C5DE9E1ABF576B005

Not that I care, it's far better with the black.

I wonder. What if they found a sensible way to include both styles? Since it's a filter, and the coloring work is already done, that should really be no issue. Keep seeing people complain about the contrast and style. I'd hate to see this do poorly because people aren't open to trying it and adjusting. This may be a compromise between those who love it for what it is and those who are on the fence. Make it so you play the game using one or the other at different times.

jshackles

Almost ready for prime-time. I'll be pushing out version 4.2 either tonight or tomorrow:

4J6dlPf.png

jshackles

Please don't finish because when I see all of those bars empty at 0% I might have to jump off a high place.

It will only pull / show achievement stats for games that you have 0.1 hrs of playtime or above. Hope that helps talk you off the ledge.

jshackles

It's like you think of everything!

It really just didn't make sense to have the extra network overhead pulling achievement stats for games you haven't played.

But what about the games I idled for cards. Protect me from the shame. :(

I can't :( I feel it too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom