• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking through my backlog looking for games to play and decided to boot up Sonic All Star Racing Transformed as I remembered liking the 1st game even though it was really easy. Having just sank 4 or so hours into it I can honestly say it's the best kart racer I've ever played.

I think my main criticism with the first was that I could essentially infinity boost with Banjo and get gold in everything, now it seems like sliding has a much larger breaking effect meaning you need to smartly choose when to go for boosts. However that's an utterly dull criticism that was addressed and the game is flat out ridicilous.

The shifting vehicles adds so much, from the speed of cars to the "oh fuck what happened to my cornering!" of boats and the way that tracks open up in air planes, then on top of that the tracks themselves shift between laps making your first runs exciting as hell, you can easily lose the lead because you don't expect whats running up or gain it because the track's shifted to what it's good at.

On top of that the non race missions are also really fun and well thought out; I was just playing a mode where I had to make it past waves of traffic on a time-limit. The basic idea is you need to avoid all of the cars in the way which is tricky enough, however as waves advance you start seeing different types of car which act differently. You soon figure out green stay on one path, yellow cars drift from one direction to the other, and blue police cars will actively try to block your path. It took me a little while but once I made it past the gold ranking I felt a real sense of satisfaction akin to finishing a tough level in Super Meat Boy, where the game clearly outlined my obstetrical and I managed to overcome them through a mix of skill and knowledge. Normally I find the non-race modes in kart racers to be tedious.

Anyway my point is that you should really give this game a go if it's hidden in your back-log. It's easily one of, if not the best Kart Racers I've every played and it's a genre you don't expect to see on pc.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
It will only pull / show achievement stats for games that you have 0.1 hrs of playtime or above. Hope that helps talk you off the ledge.

Ideally there should be a one achievement minimum as well, but I guess that's not possible? That would help filter out all the games that were simply idled for cards and never played.

hitmon

Stupid question regarding Green Man Gaming. If you add something to your basket, how do you remove it? Do I have to wait 15 minutes or whatever the deadline is for it to clear?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ideally there should be a one achievement minimum as well, but I guess that's not possible?

I suppose it's possible to exclude games with 0% achieved, but there is no way to know until after the data has been pulled. So it would purely be cosmetic - it would take just as much time / network traffic.

Freezard

Is there still any bundle of Men of War? I want to buy the game for my friend so we can play together... not many players in public, and well, most don't even speak English :/

Gvaz

Banned
The same people here complaining about Betrayer's color scheme, are the same people who've never seen a Black Metal album cover. It looks just like it aesthetically and it owns.

Tenrius

Correct. Plus I have 22 years experience in programming. I also have professional experience in UI design, database management, and networking. I have more certifications than I can even remember at this point. But then again, they really only hire the best.

What sort of astro-phys background?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it just takes me to where I left off in the order process. Well my time ran out and it cleared. I don't remember having this problem with them in the past.
Same happened to me the other day, when I was trying to show a friend how to buy the Max Payne pack. Guess somebody screwed up somewhere.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hopefully these codes work. Do you guys want Desura stuff too?

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club -- MB-84DEB2FF1DB6BE9A - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Satazius -- MB-30498D4EE6CB168A - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-D30671A8BEEBA801 - Taken by didamangi

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Hopefully these codes work. Do you guys want Desura stuff too?

Desura codes should be perfectly welcome here since they're mixed in with Steam codes on most bundles they're in, and yes people usually take them. No point letting them go to waste, and there's no active dedicated Desura thread for obvious reasons. Thanks for the giveaways.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's a duplicate but thx anyway Wario!

Ah sorry, I wasn't sure if it worked. I hope the others worked fine.

Since I'm not sure if the Desura codes work too, I'll just hide them in quote tags. I had Modbot set but it'd be crappy to waste a win on a used code

So just quote this to see the codes

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro2033,Risen,Sacred Citedel -- MB-BC08524D6B93C5E0 - Taken by JDHarbs

The cave level of Dear Esher in Oculus Rift is legitimately the most incredibly thing I've experienced in a game on a visual level. You can get up close to every stalagmite and compare the distance from it to the ceiling. All of the stalactites on the ceiling pop out and just wow all around. The screen door effect is visible but it doesn't take away from the awe.

didamangi

Ah sorry, I wasn't sure if it worked. I hope the others worked fine.

Since I'm not sure if the Desura codes work too, I'll just hide them in quote tags. I had Modbot set but it'd be crappy to waste a win on a used code

So just quote this to see the codes

Awesome, got the Desura version of Ether Vapor. Happy ending :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Desura codes work fine. If you use the format:
Game Name - Game Code
it will be very very flexible about what it accepts. It only gets very cranky if you try to put the key on a line by itself and it needs to try to figure out that it's a key without knowing for sure. That's when it applies the strict Steam formatting only stuff.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah, it just takes me to where I left off in the order process. Well my time ran out and it cleared. I don't remember having this problem with them in the past.
Yeah I forgot to add a voucher and got stuck on the same spot. It was only going to save me $1.60 so whatever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a way to delete cookies and such stuff in Chrome without needing to go through the entire SteamGuard activation all over again?

It's based on cookies, so unfortunately not. This renders the "Remember this browser" element more or less moot.

Grief.exe

Condemned is the scariest game I've played this generation. Even scarier than Amnesia.

I literally just removed it from my wishlist.

I don't think Majesco is even aware that it has games on Steam -- they literally have not gone on sale once in the past three years.

Its ironic, because spending $10 on Advent Rising or the Bloodrayne games is a travesty.

I really want to pick up Advent since it looks like a deeply flawed, but interesting game, but its hard to justify that entry price.

I literally just removed it from my wishlist.

Its ironic, because spending $10 on Advent Rising or the Bloodrayne games is a travesty.

I really want to pick up Advent since it looks like a deeply flawed, but interesting game, but its hard to justify that entry price.
condemed is awesome,weapon system is unique.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'll probably be picking up a lot of full-priced casual stuff from the likes of Sandlot and PlayFirst during the Autumn Sale if the Summer Sale was any indication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom