• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hofmann

Anybody got Dream yet? I remember it being the game that got my attention on the very first day of Greenlight.

It's so tempting - the game is right up my alley - but on the other hand, I'm not too keen on playing the incomplete bugy alpha version, of any game for that matter.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
The Kick in Dark Messiah may very well be one of my favorite game mechanics of all time.

I think it's somewhere around the roof top chase scene that there's these multistory structures you climb with breakable floors (and maybe walls?) that you can kick enemies through. Getting to the top of one and kicking a dude and watching him crash through multiple floors on the way down was just mm mm good.

Forget this Origin bundle stuff, I should totally go back to replaying Dark Messiah.

Salsa

I just got a Samsung Galaxy SIII and the Steam app is actually usable on this thing, as opposed to my previous crappy crawling phone

coolbeans

DTKT

The enhanced stuff should be in the client. Enhanced is a much better way to present information.

I can't believe that Valve they never contacted you.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The enhanced stuff should be in the client. Enhanced is a much better way to present information.

I can't believe that Valve they never contacted you.

Email my future boss and tell him to hire me. :p
gaben@valvesoftware.com

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If nothing else, I just want Valve to implement the ability to to hide games I already own at its end so I don't have to skip page after page after page after page of results.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If nothing else, I just want Valve to implement the ability to to hide games I already own at its end so I don't have to skip page after page after page after page of results.

I'm working on an "endless scrolling" mode for search results. Combine that with the "Hide games you already own" feature and you should be set for life. When it's done.

jshackles

Looks like the Chrome Store is down. Can't download Enhanced Steam :(

Google is having issues. Gmail is also down here. Be patient - Enhanced Steam is worth it!

mrgone

So, I just found out about Shelter, the game where you play as a badger trying to keep her kids alive in the wildnerness.

August just keeps on giving.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244710/

Qq7hhwm.jpg

This fucking August

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just got a Samsung Galaxy SIII and the Steam app is actually usable on this thing, as opposed to my previous crappy crawling phone

coolbeans
Why did you get that piece of shit? S4 is what's hot right now!

<3 my S3, though the Steam app is unusable with my shitty 3G connection

jshackles

It really should. Hire him Valve

You guys are the best. Just about done with this one. Here is what it looks like when you're not logged into the client:

MbFchCS.png

Gabe has my resume and phone number, he needs to call me!

fantomena

Confession: I have Enhances Steam in Chrome, but I have never actually used it due to never logged into the website with my Steam account. Is it safe to log-in on Steam website? Dumb question, but I just want to be sure.

jshackles

Confession: I have Enhances Steam in Chrome, but I have never actually used it due to never logged into the website with my Steam account. Is it safe to log-in on Steam website? Dumb question, but I just want to be sure.

Yes it's safe. Make sure you have SteamGuard turned on on your account. If you do, when signing in on the web Valve will send a confirmation code to your email address on file (just like they do with the client). Enter that confirmation number and you can decide if you want SteamGuard to "remember" your computer for subsequent logons.

Also - make sure you're on "steampowered.com" and not something shady like "stearnpowered.com"

fantomena

Yes it's safe. Make sure you have SteamGuard turned on on your account. If you do, when signing in on the web Valve will send a confirmation code to your email address on file (just like they do with the client). Enter that confirmation number and you can decide if you want SteamGuard to "remember" your computer for subsequent logons.

Also - make sure you're on "steampowered.com" and not something shady like "stearnpowered.com"

Yes, Steamgaurd is activated.

Btw, when I log-in on another computer to Steam with SteamGaurd i have to name the computer. Is there any place on Steam where I can get an overview over all the computers?

jshackles

Yes, Steamgaurd is activated.

Btw, when I log-in on another computer to Steam with SteamGaurd i have to name the computer. Is there any place on Steam where I can get an overview over all the computers?

Not as far as I'm aware. It's not (again, as far as I'm aware) exposed to the API. Would be really nice to have somewhere you could view and "de-authorize" systems.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure. Maybe Valve will want to steal your Valve's Steam account data, who knows :p

Yeah man. If you don't trust the company itself to keep your data safe, you can't trust anyone.

Salsa

Why did you get that piece of shit? S4 is what's hot right now!

<3 my S3, though the Steam app is unusable with my shitty 3G connection

that's how it works. new phone comes out = they need to get rid of stock of the previous one = cheap phone plans show up

I had a shitty galaxy ace previously, I barely have to pay a bit more on a monthly basis now and this thing feels like a spaceship compared to that

fuck touchwiz tho but oh well im lazy

HoosTrax

Hmm, so I'm playing Revenge of the Titans from the puppy bundle a few weeks ago...I really love the theme, but I don't really associate Bach's Fugue with retro alien invasion games. I'm always associated that music with Dracula (even though it's probably not actually been in any Castlevania ones that I can remember...).

ss_lemonade

I actually tried visiting "stearnpowered.com" and found Half Life 3 lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Good to hear about ITSP, I think it's an ok-not-great game with some frustrating elements but I'm glad it will continue to exist.

Volotaire

Guys; what is your most played game on steam?

For me it's L4D2 with
hours

L4D2 with 580 hours.

However the In game achievements says only 380 hours in game of Left 4 Dead 2.

Which I presume due to the constant wait for lobbies and for joining matches where people don't ragequit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom