• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim Sterling gave SRIV a 9.5. I still have SR2 and SR3 to get through, but that's something to look forward to. Maybe in a future Humble whoever-owns-SR-next Bundle.

Grief.exe

IGN 7 is automatic mediocre obliviously.

Saints Row IV

Score: 7.3

With its recycled map and wildly overpowered abilities, playing Saints Row IV feels like a lot like enabling god-like cheat codes in Saints Row The Third and going nuts. Its ridiculous story, goofy characters, self-aware humor, and amazing character editor make it all work, especially for those of us who’ve played the previous games and can appreciate its in-jokes. But its appeal is shortened by the ludicrous speed at which we can zip across it and grow tired of its lack of challenge.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Score: 9.3

Them marketing dollars.

My bad. Only read Ign and GT

379ch.gif

Eanan

I asked Steam for a refund on DuckTales a few days ago because I changed my mind on it. With the game out now, I'm not getting a refund, am I? (if I ever was in the first place that is).

I remember buying the old abes odyssey games on steam a few years back, and they wouldn't work on windows 7 no matter what I tried. I asked for a refund and steam basically told me to go fuck myself and its not their problem. I tried downloading them again and playing them and at least their working now.

Gosh, I'm really at a loss. 450+ games on my library, new PC, new monitor... and I have no idea what to play. I swear I was staring at my library, not knowing what to install first. And, no, don't tell me "just install everything" :p

Guess I'll continue where I left off on E.D.F.

It must be work, I never had this happening to me. I have the cash to buy the games I want but, then, turns I just can't sit to play them and when I do, I have no idea what to pick first!

This must be a serious case of Steamtitis...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Saints Row IV

Score: 7.3

With its recycled map and wildly overpowered abilities, playing Saints Row IV feels like a lot like enabling god-like cheat codes in Saints Row The Third and going nuts. Its ridiculous story, goofy characters, self-aware humor, and amazing character editor make it all work, especially for those of us who’ve played the previous games and can appreciate its in-jokes. But its appeal is shortened by the ludicrous speed at which we can zip across it and grow tired of its lack of challenge.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Score: 9.3

Them marketing dollars.
Did Black Ops II recycle it's maps or something?

Eanan

New thread, and already 8 pages in? Is this a new record?

JaseC's giveaway might have something to do with it ;-)

Damn SR4 is getting stellar reviews, its going to be hard to not get this what with nuuvems good deal at the moment, but my backlog is looking directly at me...

Grief.exe

Nooooo

the 3DS version is terrible.
I see, I see. So I'll wait, say, 2 weeks after finishing LoS. If a better version doesn't appear on Steam during that time, then I'll have no other option than getting the 3DS game anyway.

No! Don't buy the game at all, its a very bad iteration of Castlevania.

If you want a great Castlevania game, check out Symphony of the Night, Dawn/Aria of Sorrow, or Order of Ecclesia.

Do you know which Riddick is steamworks? Obviously I'd rather have Assault On Dark Athena but I just want to make sure it's not just Butcher Bay with steamworks.

Riddick is not Steamworks, that was false information.

Gosh, I'm really at a loss. 450+ games on my library, new PC, new monitor... and I have no idea what to play. I swear I was staring at my library, not knowing what to install first. And, no, don't tell me "just install everything" :p

Guess I'll continue where I left off on E.D.F.

It must be work, I never had this happening to me. I have the cash to buy the games I want but, then, turns I just can't sit to play them and when I do, I have no idea what to pick first!

This must be a serious case of Steamtitis...

have you tried dota 2?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Somehow, IGN manages to write reviews I rarely ever agree with.
That's quite an acomplishment!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
anyone else just get their first post-summersale credit card statement?

X7PnFIl.gif
Nope, I have automatic debit set up on my credit cards, and even then I always control how much I'm spending over the month. So no, I wasn't surprised to see the amount I had to pay.

I am also not surprised that I still haven't touched 90% of the stuff I bought during the sale.

Tellaerin

Well, we're still a couple of months off from Rebirth's release.
They'll probably position it close to that.

That makes sense. Bleh. Not that I don't have other things to play in the meantime, but I'd been hoping for it to drop a little sooner than that. Ah well.

The world really needs more space combat/trading games. (Hell, I'd take more first person space combat games. Just give me something where I can fly a spaceship.)

r3n4ud

I asked Steam for a refund on DuckTales a few days ago because I changed my mind on it. With the game out now, I'm not getting a refund, am I? (if I ever was in the first place that is).

You should. I received my refund for Cloudberry Kingdom after it was released.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
i know how credit cards work. i use them for online purchases because they offer more protection then debit, and i get 3% back. i pay them in full every month and get free money. it's just a little bit of a surprise to see it all added up for the first time

Fair enough (and to further clarify, my tone was meant more jokingly rather than the dickish Dad tone it probably reads as). I use my credit card almost exclusively for those exact reasons, too. But it's important to maintain the mindset that, even though it isn't due for a month, it is still your money that you're spending.

Basically, treat your credit card like a debit a card.

I see people malign credit cards here too much. They can be used to your advantage if you approach them with the correct mindset. I get between 300 and 400 dollars every year in reward points I can use on Amazon -- just for using my credit card normally and responsibly.

Grief.exe

I thought Don't Starve was an Early Access game. I just can't remember if it reappeared in New Releases.

I thought Don't Starve was released before the Early Access program went live.

I don't remember it being in that section or having a banner above the page. I could be forgetting though.

Sini

Actually it did not.

I would actually write that off though for two reasons, I never ran into a frustrating checkpoint and I consider that game to be more of a puzzle game then stealth.

I can easily see counter arguments to those though.
Oh my, I had too many of those.
Its checkpoints occasionally did put me in front of enemy guards with no chance of escaping undetected. While I was doing no kill/detection run! That meant I had to restart the level entirely.
I suggested Klei to implement similar save system like Deus Ex: HR had where you got a choice between loading latest autosave or the one before that. Hopefully they listened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom