• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally get a shot at winning Xcom and ModBot goes down. :lol

Well, I have to head out soon. Let's hope ModBot doesn't come collecting souls once he starts functioning again.

Grief.exe

Call of Duty looked really good...

No one saw Call of Duty Ghosts coming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxRf90LWK9c

Ah, thanks! That explains why I couldn't find it on the various steamworks lists. My saga continues.........

You should get the GOG version anyways, you really don't want the Steam version.

It is so riddled with horrible DRM, just don't even bother. I picked it up well before I started actively looking for DRM.

anyone else just get their first post-summersale credit card statement?

X7PnFIl.gif

Yes I got it yestarday and.....

MeltingFace.gif

Slacker

I got back from lunch and patted myself on the back for not buying Monaco on the daily deal as I don't need to spend any more money right now. Then I remember the dailies stay up for 24 hours extra now. >___< WILL POWER... HNNGGGG

Should get Barry Zuckerkorn
bSCRo1C.jpg

He's very good

TAKE TO THE SEA

Turfster

Oh my, I had too many of those.
Its checkpoints occasionally did put me in front of enemy guards with no chance of escaping undetected. While I was doing no kill/detection run! That meant I had to restart the level entirely.
What? How?
Most of the Mark of the Ninja checkpoints were in vents.

I got back from lunch and patted myself on the back for not buying Monaco on the daily deal as I don't need to spend any more money right now. Then I remember the dailies stay up for 24 hours extra now. >___< WILL POWER... HNNGGGG
Monaco is a really really great game if you have friends, though, so you're doing yourself a disservice by not getting it! ;)

JakeD

Fair enough (and to further clarify, my tone was meant more jokingly rather than the dickish Dad tone it probably reads as). I use my credit card almost exclusively for those exact reasons, too. But it's important to maintain the mindset that, even though it isn't due for a month, it is still your money that you're spending.

Basically, treat your credit card like a debit a card.

I see people malign credit cards here too much. They can be used to your advantage if you approach them with the correct mindset. I get between 300 and 400 dollars every year in reward points I can use on Amazon -- just for using my credit card normally and responsibly.

i hear ya. i actually only went like $50 over my original budget of $50. i honestly just wanted an excuse to post that gif. =(

rybrad

Is it normal for Steam to block you from selling things for a week if you add wallet funds with new payment info? I got a rebate card from building my new PC that I figured I would toss into my Steam wallet and now I can't sell my cards for that sweet, free money.

Is it normal for Steam to block you from selling things for a week if you add wallet funds with new payment info? I got a rebate card from building my new PC that I figured I would toss into my Steam wallet and now I can't sell my cards for that sweet, free money.

Yes it is normal. And yes it sucks...

Yes. It's to prevent fraud in user-to-user transactions.

Slacker

Monaco is a really really great game if you have friends, though, so you're doing yourself a disservice by not getting it! ;)

Dammit... I have three friends coming over tonight and four PS3 controllers. I may have to happen. I think the universe demands it.

Quake1028

Yep.

Turfster

Yes. If you change your payment options, password or any other information, you can't use the market for a while.

Eanan

Believe it or not, this happened me during the summer sale gone, for 10 days I think it was. I was raging. Couldn't buy an tf2 keys to trade with russians for cheap games. oh well... at least I didnt end up binge buying.

Turfster

Most. They decided to put checkpoints inside big buildings that had many guards with complex routes and no vents, that's was just asking for trouble.
Well, it's been a while. I never really had a problem with it, sorry. Still, it was much better than a checkpoint every X minutes in a 3D FPS stealth game.

Dammit... I have three friends coming over tonight and four PS3 controllers. I may have to happen. I think the universe demands it.
IT IS FATED!

rybrad

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No! Don't buy the game at all, its a very bad iteration of Castlevania.

If you want a great Castlevania game, check out Symphony of the Night, Dawn/Aria of Sorrow, or Order of Ecclesia.
I'd like to try SotN, but sadly I don't have a PS3 or Xbox to play it. And importing the DS games would be expensive, though I think I could do it someday.

I mean, I still want to get Bit.Trip Saga despite it being a terrible port (Runner and Flux have a horrible frame rate), so how much worse can it be?

Sini

Well, it's been a while. I never really had a problem with it, sorry. Still, it was much better than a checkpoint every X minutes in a 3D FPS stealth game.

IT IS FATED!
Yeah, it's still better than those games.
MotN is still fantastic game in my opinion despite those occasional frustrating checkpoints.

Grief.exe

I'd like to try SotN, but sadly I don't have a PS3 or Xbox to play it. And importing the DS games would be expensive, though I think I could do it someday.

I mean, I still want to get Bit.Trip Saga despite it being a terrible port (Runner and Flux have a horrible frame rate), so how much worse can it be?

I'm not saying its a horrible port. Bad ports can still be worth playing because they are just that good.

I'm saying its a bad game and not worth your time.

Tellaerin

People, it is not the Winter sales. Why do you flood?

I don' t mind it, honestly. It's nice when conversation picks up in here. I like the atmosphere in the Steam threads - the way people just hang out and talk about games here without the knives coming out, or everything turning into a debate. It's a nice feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom