• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Sprinter Cell: Blacklist reviews are not convincing me to get this game, no matter how good the scores are.

AAA game release + Marketing = great review scores.

Wait for word of mouth on this one.

I read a bit of EDGE review until they told that there are only badly implemented checkpoint saves without manual saving at all.
That killed SC: Blacklist for me. I'm not even going to buy it from sale.

Conviction had no manual saves either afair. So chances of a patch are ca. 0.025%. Okay, they could improve the checkpoints but it's Ubisoft.

How the fuck can you release a stealth game without manual saves?

Makes no sense.

maneil99

I realize we dont like trade posting but I can get The betrayer for 10$ and Batman AO for 30$ if anyone is interested..

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm an adult too.

Well that takes a 3rd of the fun out of the a/s/l question I was about to ask.

To clarify, I wasn't implying that you're not an adult for using a debit card, but rather that being shocked at your credit card statement because of the amount of money you unknowingly spent means you lack a understanding of how credit cards work and how to manage your personal finances.

To clarify, I wasn't implying that you're not an adult for using a debit card, but rather that being shocked at your credit card statement because of the amount of money you unknowingly spent means you lack a understanding of how credit cards work and how to manage your personal finances.

I think some people just like to fool themselves about the amount they are spending, too hard to resist some deals, and once they go overboard there's no turning back.

Quake1028

I asked Steam for a refund on DuckTales a few days ago because I changed my mind on it. With the game out now, I'm not getting a refund, am I? (if I ever was in the first place that is).

Vindicis

Banned
I asked this in the last thread but I think it got buried due to my noob status. Is there by chance a list of games no longer on steam that ALSO includes some kind of indication of which games are steamworks titles? I'm in a bitter steamcount war with a friend and I'm going to start using some dirty tactics by buying games retail no longer on steam that have steamkeys (like Prey, Star Trek DAC, etc..).

JakeD

i know how credit cards work. i use them for online purchases because they offer more protection then debit, and i get 3% back. i pay them in full every month and get free money. it's just a little bit of a surprise to see it all added up for the first time

Ledsen

I asked this in the last thread but I think it got buried due to my noob status. Is there by chance a list of games no longer on steam that ALSO includes some kind of indication of which games are steamworks titles? I'm in a bitter steamcount war with a friend and I'm going to start using some dirty tactics by buying games retail no longer on steam that have steamkeys (like Prey, Star Trek DAC, etc..).

You both lose... and Gaben wins. Brilliant.

Grief.exe

Did MotN have manual saves?

Actually it did not.

I would actually write that off though for two reasons, I never ran into a frustrating checkpoint and I consider that game to be more of a puzzle game then stealth.

I can easily see counter arguments to those though.

DaBoss

well it was obviously an email statement, what do i look like, a caveman

You look like a cavecat...uh wat

I don't even let the statements come. I just transfer money from my savings account to my credit card/account. Always see it at $0 so I feel at ease.

Tellaerin

I wake up and we're six pages into a new thread. Good grief.

I wonder how long the turnaround is going to be on that new Humble Bundle. I've heard a lot about the X series, and I'd love to grab those if and when that X bundle happens.

I asked Steam for a refund on DuckTales a few days ago because I changed my mind on it. With the game out now, I'm not getting a refund, am I? (if I ever was in the first place that is).
If you are from Europe I think there are some laws you can quote to get a refund, someone else might now the exact law to quote.

Turfster

I wake up and we're six pages into a new thread. Good grief.

I wonder how long the turnaround is going to be on that new Humble Bundle. I've heard a lot about the X series, and I'd love to grab those if and when that X bundle happens.

Well, we're still a couple of months off from Rebirth's release.
They'll probably position it close to that.

I realize we dont like trade posting but I can get The betrayer for 10$ and Batman AO for 30$ if anyone is interested..

No GOTY? No deal.

Lawyer'd

maneil99

Not sure of a full list but I know three:

Cryostasis

Ghostbusters

Riddick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom