• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

9/10, loved just about all of it after Pittsburgh. AI wasn't as great as it was first advertised but it was still better than 99% of games.

n3jHIJt.gif

Cheddahz

Banned
Enjoy it!, sorry that I mixed in some Origin keys in there as well

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Dead Space -- MB-E60ACA0836633A3A - Taken by KMD
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-1B5580E0EF339AFE
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-D4705CF2F852E844 - Taken by kennah
Mirror's Edge -- MB-4A23F4C55EF05F8B - Taken by Alessandro
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-3CBB73A53B0CAAB8
Medal of Honor -- MB-919A63E6157E8522 - Taken by neoism
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-1F0824BFB3CBEC0E
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-CAAEFBD8C649D17F - Taken by Sajjaja
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-46EADD114B65125D - Taken by StopMakingSense

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Started Max Payne 3 and it has a whole extra layer of entertainment if you're Brazilian, haha. Liked what I played so far (my first Max Payne), good to know these shooting mechanics influenced GTA5.

antitrop

Oh, I started playing Medal of Honor (2010) last night and I was really enjoying it. No idea why Warfighter went so off the fucking rails.

I think I'll do an LTTP for it once I dig in a bit more.

9/10, loved just about all of it after Pittsburgh. AI wasn't as great as it was first advertised but it was still better than 99% of games.
Man, even Derrick's singing its praises.

I mustn't though, I finally told myself I'd skip on a AAA blockbuster and dammit I'm gonna hold to it.

Omega

Banned
Bio 2 multiplayer didnt have enough development time. Its got great groundwork, but its just lacking content/polish.

yeah but it's a lot of fun. It's not going to be anyone's go-to multiplayer title, but it's a fun game to boot up every now and then and play 2-3 games.

Omega

Banned
Why does Payday 2 keep updating?

I know the patch came out yesterday, but then a few hours later it downloaded something and then just earlier today it did it again

Grief.exe

Ya, I clicked on the Community Hub and then Discussions page for Guncraft last night because I wanted to see what the game was about.

Right at the top is a thread titled "DO NOT BUY". Oh, I thought, this game must reaaaaaaally suck. Is this some kind of The War Z level of awful or what? I must know!

"dont buy this, one of the most useless games i have every ppalyed
-physics are bad
-gameplay is bad
-servers are bad
-terrible class custimization
-dont evens start on graphics"

Oh.

Right then.

Never get on community forums, its a joke. From the Betrayer forums

wPUTroq.png

ibu2nDSCfYfBtm.png

Saty

Here's the gist of the e-mail i sent Gabe on improving Steam achievements:
- Display\calculate achievements only for games that has been played for more than X hours.
- Display\calculate all achievements but for the games that were never played.
- (for games with SP) Display\calculate achievements only for games that their campaign was completed.
- Display\calculate SP only \ MP only achievements.
- Display\calculate achievements by genre.
- When comparing with one or more another players, display\calculate achievements only for the games they all have\ played for X hours.
- Display\calculate all achievements but those which are story-related or anything else that any player who finishes the game gets.
- Display\calculate achievments only for franchises (meaning only for games that are from the same IP AND that the player\players own\played more than one game in the series).
- Display\calculate achievents for a specific series.
- Display\calculate achievements for user-selected games. (i tick whatever games i want to be calculated from a list of the games i or my friends own).

All of these are applicable when just checking a single friend's stats and for multi-users comparisons.

You can also add the to Achievement API\Steamworks the ability for developers to mark the game's achievement by the degree of difficulty to pull them off. That way, there will be another filter so you would be able to display\calculate only the achievements that were categorized as easy\moderate\hard etc. by the developer. Same applies for marking 'unmissable' achievements.

Derrick01

Banned
Man, even Derrick's singing its praises.

I mustn't though, I finally told myself I'd skip on a AAA blockbuster and dammit I'm gonna hold to it.

Just give in. You'll love it.

If you have to skip on AAA shit then skip the predictably awful stuff like Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell or Assassin's Creed 4. Don't deprive yourself of the rare great AAA game that actually lives up to the hype.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Here's the gist of the e-mail i sent Gabe on improving Steam achievements:

Sad to say that while those suggestions are good, they'll probably be completely ignored. I don't think this is something Valve even has on their radar at this point.

Most of their achievement stats are left up to the individual developers to decide how they're used. You could make the argument that developers will choose to use achievements the way that Valve does by example, but even that isn't true. Valve games such as TF2, Counter Strike, Left 4 Dead 2, etc all have greatly extended achievements / statistics systems that are open to all developers but are almost never used.

$6.75 per head for the four-pack is tempting.

I'm in if someone's hosting.

Derrick01

Banned
wb derrick

now get the new dishonored dlc

Thanks

As for Dishonored I'm done with that game. I bought the last DLC that came out but it was just more of the same, with the same problems the main game had. Maybe when it gets really cheap on a steam sale but I dunno. I don't have any real urge to play more Dishonored.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It is. If you want to start a 4 pack, I'm in.

I'll host one later if need be. It's 1am here at the moment so if I did it now I'd leave someone waiting for 10~12 hours... though, between me, yourself and Enhanced Steam we've got three, so we just need one more interested party.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'll host one later if need be. It's 1am here at the moment so if I did it now I'd leave someone waiting for 10~12 hours... though, between me, yourself and Enhanced Steam we've got three, so we just need one more interested party.

Picked up a 4-pack. PM me or message me on Steam if you want in on it.

Saty

Sad to say that while those suggestions are good, they'll probably be completely ignored. I don't think this is something Valve even has on their radar at this point.

Most of their achievement stats are left up to the individual developers to decide how they're used. You could make the argument that developers will choose to use achievements the way that Valve does by example, but even that isn't true. Valve games such as TF2, Counter Strike, Left 4 Dead 2, etc all have greatly extended achievements / statistics systems that are open to all developers but are almost never used.

Apart from the API work for devs to have the ability to mark achievements, all the rest should be really easy to implement. It's just set of filters to slice the existing data.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's something that can be done with the Steam Enhanced firefox addon.

jshackles

Apart from the API work for devs to have the ability to mark achievements, all the rest should be really easy to implement. It's just set of filters to slice the existing data.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's something that can be done with the Steam Enhanced firefox addon.

Possibly. I do have a new update that has to do with achievements.

4J6dlPf.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I take it you've completed Helsing? 17 hours is tremendously meaty for a $15 ARPG. I was going to get stuck into it myself a week or two ago, but I still need to finish the Grim Dawn alpha.

jshackles

I take it you've completed Helsing? 17 hours is tremendously meaty for a $15 ARPG. I was going to get stuck into it myself a week or two ago, but I still need to finish the Grim Dawn alpha.

Yeah my 17 hours is for 1 playthrough on normal and the first act on nightmare. It's an excellent game and a great value especially if you can pick it up on sale.

If I was going to play it right away then I would be there but I've largely ignored the game for the most part. After Conviction I can't even muster any outrage, I'm all tapped out right now.

It really does. I just wish all games would get rid of it as I've been wanting to finally play through Dead Rising 2 as well. I never made it very far but I'm done with GFWL. I tried to play Batman earlier this year and couldn't because of some problem GFWL was having and the game wouldn't let me play if I wasn't logged in. So that can go fuck off, sooner rather than later hopefully.

+1

IMO, from the Capital with Tess onward was amazing. I've never been so emotionally invested in anything before. I felt for those characters

Gbraga

Ya, I clicked on the Community Hub and then Discussions page for Guncraft last night because I wanted to see what the game was about.

Right at the top is a thread titled "DO NOT BUY". Oh, I thought, this game must reaaaaaaally suck. Is this some kind of The War Z level of awful or what? I must know!

"dont buy this, one of the most useless games i have every ppalyed
-physics are bad
-gameplay is bad
-servers are bad
-terrible class custimization
-dont evens start on graphics"

Oh.

Right then.

Do you still want it? I have a spare Steam key

Gvaz

Banned
I want to buy Saints Row 4 so bad but... I don't have the money to afford it. I don't think I'll be able to get it until like, mid sept :(

Grief.exe

Got to be careful in those console threads.

I have a feeling there is so much idiocy and ignorance in those threads that mods just roll through and mass ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom