• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the puzzle elements that have you drag things around on the screen? Are there any other differences? Seems like a small price to pay for not needing to own a Wii U.

I don't think there are other differences, well, platformers play worse with a keyboard and maybe he does not use a controlller. But Rayman is controlled by an AI in those puzzle sections while you move those surroundings.

Turfster

I just failed a side-mission in AssCreed 3 because two guards I killed became giant inflatable arm-flailing tube men and effectively destroyed the convoy I was supposed to free.

Thanks, Ubi.

Stop doing drugs, native american man.

I am not noticing any hype for Sir, You are Being Hunted Early Access, which hits today...
I'm excited for SYABH, just not very vocal ;)
The developer talk during Rezzed recently was great.

Edit: updated with correct dev thing and video

HoosTrax

$71.99 to pre-order Guardians of Middle Earth and be able to get access to all the characters? Wow they're really banking on the LotR IP being enough to compete against F2P MOBAs like Dota2.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Stop doing drugs, native american man.

Incidentally, the DLC is all about doing drugs. First I got high and gained the ability to turn invisible, then I got high again and gained the ability to fly.

$71.99 to pre-order Guardians of Middle Earth and be able to get access to all the characters? Wow they're really banking on the LotR IP being enough to compete against F2P MOBAs like Dota2.

Roughly USD$30 for the RU/CIS flavour. I'm tempted because the game will undoubtedly go F2P in the future, but I think I'll hold out for the first sale.

ArjanN

What? Really? At least Arkham City was kinda complicated with the gadget button inputs with controllers, so I guess it could work if all the quickshoot gadgets had their own button or something.

Yeah, both those games work at least as well with mouse and keyboard IMO.

Turfster

Incidentally, the DLC is all about doing drugs. First I got high and gained the ability to turn invisible, then I got high again and gained the ability to fly.

Having known my share of stoners, this sounds pretty much spot on. Well done, Ubi!

Roughly USD$30 for the RU/CIS flavour. I'm tempted because the game will undoubtedly go F2P in the future, but I think I'll hold out for the first sale.

I played some of it when we got it free with PS+, and it's really not worth it imo.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I played some of it when we got it free with PS+, and it's really not worth it imo.

Oh, I don't intend to play the game, I just want it to be tethered to my account, which you can't do with F2P games (something that should be "fixed" when you purchase DLC for such titles, I think).

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Oh, I don't intend to play the game, I just want it to be tethered to my account, which you can't do with F2P games (something that should be "fixed" when you purchase DLC for such titles, I think).

Why are you mad? You look mad. Maybe it's your new avatar, idk.

This is a pretty mediocre giveaway but I hope someone will enjoy it. :)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Chrome -- MB-B53B9F070B5E170C - Taken by fantomena
Chrome: SpecForce -- MB-5DEDBBD9F24D4D6B - Taken by Kifimbo

Eanan

Is the modbot "bot" available for use on other forums or is the creator of it keeping it for use on neogaf only? its probably the best method ive ever seen for giveaways on a forum.

What? Really? At least Arkham City was kinda complicated with the gadget button inputs with controllers, so I guess it could work if all the quickshoot gadgets had their own button or something.

I just remember not even trying k&m because i assumed it would be bad, but eventually tried it when i didn't have access to a controller and was pleasantly surprised.

garath

I kind of understand the complaints about an unfinished game though. I know the point of early access is to fund development and get feedback on the game but from a general consumer stand point you are expecting there to be something of a game to play. Something like StarForge is nothing more than a barren landscape with poorly animated polygons spawning every couple minutes and moving at you. Its not even a game yet.

Prison architect is a good example of an early access game. It actually has a game in there. Some of these look like they may never be finished to the vision of the creators.

Note, I'm not talking about betrayer here. I actually liked the video grief posted and think that's a good example of an early access. Just not a fan in general of these early access games.

kevin1025

Banned
Depending on the impressions I think I'm going to buy Shelter with card monies. There are not enough games which let you play as an animal.

Not really in love with the art, but look at these guys

Someone should expand on the Tokyo Jungle concept and make a game where you can play any animal you want with Steam workshop support.

I've been in love with this game since I first saw it. Can't wait for the 28th!

kevin1025

Banned
I kind of understand the complaints about an unfinished game though. I know the point of early access is to fund development and get feedback on the game but from a general consumer stand point you are expecting there to be something of a game to play. Something like StarForge is nothing more than a barren landscape with poorly animated polygons spawning every couple minutes and moving at you. Its not even a game yet.

Prison architect is a good example of an early access game. It actually has a game in there. Some of these look like they may never be finished to the vision of the creators.

Note, I'm not talking about betrayer here. I actually liked the video grief posted and think that's a good example of an early access. Just not a fan in general of these early access games.

Prison Architect is absolutely a great example of Early Access. The updates look to have been great additions to what was a fairly robust experience to begin with. I have yet to play it, but I've been keeping a close eye on it.

But you're right, it seems that, in some cases at least, Early Access has made some games and developers lazy. Some games are perfect for it, some are not. I guess it's the trade-off with the system.

Turfster

I kind of understand the complaints about an unfinished game though. I know the point of early access is to fund development and get feedback on the game but from a general consumer stand point you are expecting there to be something of a game to play.

I can totally see why the Prison Architect guys didn't want to lower their prices during the sale now that I've read some of the stuff on the Betrayer community forum.

Imagine having to slog through hundreds of these fuckwits complaining about the game not being finnish!!!!! every single day, just because they were retards that didn't notice the big blue box that said "early access" or read the dev texts that are usually along the lines of "uh, guys, this is really early alpha and full of bugs, but we're working on it".

It makes me not want to put my stuff up before it's done, even though I could use the money and the feedback (not that I would have put the current build up anyway, way too early, but the principle is the same =p)

Benedict

I can totally see why the Prison Architect guys didn't want to lower their prices during the sale now that I've read some of the stuff on the Betrayer community forum.

Imagine having to slog through hundreds of these fuckwits complaining about the game not being finnish!!!!! every single day, just because they were retards that didn't notice the big blue box that said "early access" or read the dev texts that are usually along the lines of "uh, guys, this is really early alpha and full of bugs, but we're working on it".

It makes me not want to put my stuff up before it's done, even though I could use the money and the feedback =p

Not many games nowadays are finnish. Rovio and Remedy are the only developers I know of.

neoism

man All this teasing for Batman and Bio2...is getting old... WHY does it take... 1 + month to take stuff out of a game.. :( I wanta play.

Turfster

man All this teasing for Batman and Bio2...is getting old... WHY does it take... 1 + month to take stuff out of a game.. :( I wanta play.

GFWL is a cancer, and like a cancer, you have to be very thorough in eradicating it, which takes time.
They have to find every reference to GFWL stuff and replace it with something else, which might have all sorts of unexpected consequences or side effects, which then have to be fixed too, etc.

theytookourjobz

As long as the developers are clear about what state the game is in, I think early access is fine.

I'm also really interested in that Mojo game. Anybody up for a 4-pack?

Is there a sale on these games somewhere? I want Chrome Specforce as I never played it. Good giveaway though dude.

I bought Scratches and Nikopol from there as well. I already owned the Chrome set but I thought I'd get it anyways to round out my purchase at $1 and give them away.

Grief.exe

It makes me not want to put my stuff up before it's done, even though I could use the money and the feedback (not that I would have put the current build up anyway, way too early, but the principle is the same =p)

I think you just have to learn to ignore those people entirely.

They are obviously not capable of anything constructive or even capable of rational thought.

Its actually been over a month since they started work on those games.

I've never played AC or BioShock 2 and I am excited for both.

You have to remember that GFWL isn't just a DRM, but a tool to facilitate the port from 360. The entire game hinges on it and taking it out takes awhile.

They are also adding in Mac versions, Steam achievements, possibly dedicated server support for B2, controller support, and probably more. This is a pretty massive project.

Slyjss

They are also adding in Mac versions, Steam achievements, possibly dedicated server support for B2, controller support, and probably more. This is a pretty massive project.

Is there any clue pointing to Steamplay? They can still pull a Black Ops and sell it as a different game.

This is one kind of strange since Valve are effectively pushing people away from using the TF2 store which sells keys for 2.45. That's lost profit!

Every key that is out there was at one point bought from Valve. By letting them be sold through the market (multiple times) before they're used, they make additional money with the fees. It's genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom