• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumubou

man All this teasing for Batman and Bio2...is getting old... WHY does it take... 1 + month to take stuff out of a game.. :( I wanta play.
I would imagine that they probably only have one or two people working on this. They want their games to still work and be sold (wouldn't surprise me if they see halfway decent numbers during the big sales, even years after the fact) but they can't really allocate any engineering resources to them because the games have long run their course.

I'm kind of surprised they're doing it all, instead of telling their customers to pound sand (which seems common enough in this industry).

Kifimbo

Updated post #10 and #18. Made some little changes and added these games:

08/29/2013 - The Chaos Engine - Action - Mastertronic/Abstraction Games - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg
DGaGzkv.jpg

09/17/2013 - Hot Wheels: World's Best Driver - Racing - Warner Bros./Firebrand Games - $XX.XX
2013 - Audiosurf 2 - Racing/Music - Dylan Fitterer/Dylan Fitterer - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - Enemy Starfighter - Space Simulation - Marauder Interactive/Marauder Interactive - $XX.XX
2013 - SMITE - MOBA - Hi-Rez Studios/Hi-Rez Studios - $XX.XX
2013 - Wasteland Kings - Action/RPG - Vlambeer/Vlambeer - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2014 - Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf - Card/Strategy - HeroCraft/HeroCraft - $XX.XX
2015 - Torment: Tides of Numenera - RPG - inXile Entertainment/inXile Entertainment - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

TBA - Camelot Unchained - MMORPG - City State Entertainment/City State Entertainment - $XX.XX
TBA - Eschalon: Book III - RPG - Basilik Games/Basilik Games - $XX.XX
TBA - Evolve - Action - 2K Games/Turtle Rock Studios - $XX.XX

Derrick01

Banned
man All this teasing for Batman and Bio2...is getting old... WHY does it take... 1 + month to take stuff out of a game.. :( I wanta play.

Tell me about it, I've been wanting to replay Arkham City again since I first saw there was a solid chance it was going to be reworked. I blame Grief!

I just beat Botanicula, good game, but is there an achievement guide anywhere? I'm missing nine achievements, and I'm having trouble finding explanations on how to get some of them.

I would play through Bioshock 2 again this year if it meant getting some of those sweet, sweet steam cheevos.

I also wunna see if the MP was as good as I remember.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I would play through Bioshock 2 again this year if it meant getting some of those sweet sweet steam cheevos.

I also wunna see if the MP was as good as I remember.

Bio2's achievements are already present at Valve's end (click Bio2 in Detail View and you'll see them) -- they're just not live yet. Ditto for Arkham Asylum GOTY.

Turfster

Yes, a horribly executed DRM system that makes playing certain video games less pleasant than it otherwise would be is just like cancer. Perfect analogy.

It has made 90% of my GFWL infested games unable to even start, so my analogy is apt. (And no, it's not just me)

Derrick01

Banned
Welcome back duder.

OH SHIT, welcome back Derrick

Thank you it's good to be back. I missed an unbelievable amount of things in the past 4 months. I didn't even get to post about the summer sale (even if those threads were a mess), which kinda sucked but I still somehow ended up spending almost $100. Funny how steam always does that to me.

I got wrapped up in the card stuff too when that started but the sale kind of ruined it. I got used to making 50-80 cents a card so everything being 10 cents all of a sudden was pretty shitty. At least I managed to dump a Euro Truck foil for $20 the day before it all crashed.

I got wrapped up in the card stuff too when that started but the sale kind of ruined it. I got used to making 50-80 cents a card so everything being 10 cents all of a sudden was pretty shitty. At least I managed to dump a Euro Truck foil for $20 the day before it all crashed.

Those were good times...I made about $50 total when the market wasn't complete shit.

JaseC

I've all but given up on cards now that Valve has cracked down on multi-game idling; there are simply too many card-supporting titles. I do make the occasional exception in cases where the foils are still worth more than a few bucks, though.

Derrick01

Banned
Sorry about Thief, Derrick. I can't wait to see you eviscerate it.

Meh I knew from day one it was likely going to suck and I tried to warn everyone to be ready for it. Nothing that comes up from that game can surprise me.

Although making jumping context sensitive because of "immersion" they realized they suck at level design was a nice attempt by Eidos at surprising me.

Sober

Meh I knew from day one it was likely going to suck and I tried to warn everyone to be ready for it. Nothing that comes up from that game can surprise me.

Although making jumping context sensitive because of "immersion" they realized they suck at level design was a nice attempt by Eidos at surprising me.
We still have the next Splinter Cell game
or do we?

antitrop

we can build him, we have the technology

tumblr_m4se1yHQIV1rwjkcro1_250.gif

we will implant his brain with endless open areas, hardcore stealth mechanics and dialogue trees

tumblr_m4se1yHQIV1rwjkcro2_250.gif

he will have 0 tolerance for any narrow corridor, objective marker, or hand-holding mechanic

tumblr_m4se1yHQIV1rwjkcro3_250.gif

his mission: to hunt down the scum who populate the earth thriving on the new gaming generation, who dare to play games that require less skill and have easy, reachable endings and that, dare we say it.. actually HAVE FUN playing these new, more streamlined videogames. Because.. FUCK FUN

tumblr_m4se1yHQIV1rwjkcro4_250.gif

the Derrick01

.. what have we done

WB :)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yes, a horribly executed DRM system that makes playing certain video games less pleasant than it otherwise would be is just like cancer. Perfect analogy.

If that analogy doesn't work for you, let me substitute some of the analogies I've made over the years:

GFWL is like that casual acquaintance your group of friends has that isn't really close with anyone in particular, but is sort of just there. Then he calls you up to have lunch with him and he is the biggest asshole imaginable to the server, I'm talking pure abuse here. So you decide you don't want to hang out with him anymore. Except no one else was there so they're all like, "Oh, what? C'mon. He's harmless. He buys a round at the bar all the time!" So he's still invited to shit and now you have to try to push down that lingering contempt.

Then one night he gets really drunk and takes some lighthearted ribbing really personally and assaults another one of your friends. And you're all like, "I fucking told you guys!"

GFWL is exactly like that.

GFWL is an alternative to Steam like how death is an alternative to living.

Being sad about the demise of GFWL is like eulogizing the closing of an asbestos mine.

"But it kept me warm and I never got cancer!"

I'm sure I have more, but those should suffice for now.

JaseC

We still have the next Splinter Cell game
or do we?

And the next AssCreed...

...in an alternate universe wherein the game is still about being an assassin rather than an action hero who claims to be an assassin.

It has made 90% of my GFWL infested games unable to even start, so my analogy is apt. (And no, it's not just me)

Oh, I imagine then that watching you try to start your video game and the pain it causes you is just like watching someone battle through chemo. Sorry, I just didn't understand just how awful GFWL is. If only I could have explained to the person I recently lost to cancer that I knew exactly what they were going through as I couldn't get Dirt 2 to run. I'm sure that would have given them comfort.

antitrop

Steam Forums are quickly approaching the level of YouTube comments.

unfinnished game! 1/10
I know. It's pathetic
Ya, I clicked on the Community Hub and then Discussions page for Guncraft last night because I wanted to see what the game was about.

Right at the top is a thread titled "DO NOT BUY". Oh, I thought, this game must reaaaaaaally suck. Is this some kind of The War Z level of awful or what? I must know!

"dont buy this, one of the most useless games i have every ppalyed
-physics are bad
-gameplay is bad
-servers are bad
-terrible class custimization
-dont evens start on graphics"

Oh.

Right then.

fantomena

I hate GFWL due to these reasons:

* it fucked up Bioshock 2 and Arkham CIty.
* Damn slow updates.
* Damn slow profile downlading.
* No local saves if you're not connected to GFWL.
* If you are many hours into a game and the Internet goes shit or GFWL goes retard, you lose you're progress.
* Awful way to buy and download DLC.

The 2 days after I purchased Bioshock 2 on Steam did go to fixing GFWL.

Crash Time 2 is good IMO.
Fun game to unlock cars and dick around in.

pissed me off bc i couldn't find where the savegame file was to just download a complete game of it. the missions are so dry and you can't progress on easy (so why have it as an option??) and i'd rather choke myself than play those missions more than once if i failed.

right now you can just buy burnout for a dollar and have the exact same experience but better. although i can't say the missions there are any more fun...at least it's easy to download a complete gamesave for that game to dick around with

Razorskin

----- ------
Ya, I clicked on the Community Hub and then Discussions page for Guncraft last night because I wanted to see what the game was about.

Right at the top is a thread titled "DO NOT BUY". Oh, I thought, this game must reaaaaaaally suck. Is this some kind of The War Z level of awful or what? I must know!

"dont buy this, one of the most useless games i have every ppalyed
-physics are bad
-gameplay is bad
-servers are bad
-terrible class custimization
-dont evens start on graphics"

Oh.

Right then.

FPS limits the scope of a game so much and relegates it to a floating firearm, aiming reticule and target - gallery shooting - irrespective of the style, theme or narrative.

I know FPS's are much easier to develop than their third-person counterparts, but you alienate a lot of gamers by going down the Call of Diarrhoea path and defeat the purpose of making a new IP by opting for the 'easy' route.

All FPS's should have a TP option and visa-versa. This is 2013 and devs should not be forcing gamers into playing one way or another, but should instead be endeavouring to give players as many play options as possible.

inb4: If you don't like herp derp FPS's, go back to reading Nietzsche, egghead.

Shtting on FPSs from great heights.

Grief.exe

Tell me about it, I've been wanting to replay Arkham City again since I first saw there was a solid chance it was going to be reworked. I blame Grief!

I'm just basking in the slow death of GFWL, feels good man.

I'm excited to try out BioShock 2 multiplayer. Looks interesting.

antitrop

I'm excited to try out BioShock 2 multiplayer. Looks interesting.
When was the last time a major PC release shipped with GFWL? The last one I played was Dark Souls, it's been dead in my mind for quite some time now.

Derrick01

Banned
I expect an official shitting on in that OT, mmmkay? :)

Maybe at least it'll provide some laughs.

If I was going to play it right away then I would be there but I've largely ignored the game for the most part. After Conviction I can't even muster any outrage, I'm all tapped out right now.

It really does. I just wish all games would get rid of it as I've been wanting to finally play through Dead Rising 2 as well. I never made it very far but I'm done with GFWL. I tried to play Batman earlier this year and couldn't because of some problem GFWL was having and the game wouldn't let me play if I wasn't logged in. So that can go fuck off, sooner rather than later hopefully.

antitrop said:
Derrick, I just need to know one thing so I can go about my day.

The Last of Us out of 10?

9/10, loved just about all of it after Pittsburgh. AI wasn't as great as it was first advertised but it was still better than 99% of games.

JaseC

I forgot to mention earlier that although Steam Support didn't respond to my ticket that I submitted about three days ago now, regarding my buggered Space Hulk pre-order gift, I noticed a couple of hours ago that said gift had re-appeared in my inventory with the generic "Steam gift" icon rather than the Space Hulk icon. Curious, I added it to my account, and it worked!

spacehulkcek5y.jpg

I thought I'd gotten scammed, with the trader sending me a used gift, and was hoping to buy another pre-order once the trade was reversed and I got my keys back (a ship which sailed a day or two ago on the count of the game releasing), but apparently the issue was at Valve's end.

Sober

If I was going to play it right away then I would be there but I've largely ignored the game for the most part. After Conviction I can't even muster any outrage, I'm all tapped out right now.
You should at least read the OT I wrote, it might provide some more entertainment than the actual game for you at this point :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom