• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Crysis 2 is locked to 24 fps when I'm playing on my HDTV for some reason. It's the only game I've played so far that does this.

The cutscenes are also laggy as hell, with audio cracking terribly.

Gvaz

Banned
Depending on your budget, it's on reasonable discount at several places.

I have like, $100 right now that i really shouldn't spend before august 29th (but probably will have to for work). August 28th I'm going down to boston for a flight in the morning that will take me across the country to seattle for PAX Prime. Then, the 30th I get paid but then most of my paycheck goes to covering expenses.

Next time after that I get paid is the 13th so, I think it'll be a while :(

Shepard

So Crysis 2 is locked to 24 fps when I'm playing on my HDTV for some reason. It's the only game I've played so far that does this.

The cutscenes are also laggy as hell, with audio cracking terribly.

Using any mods? This is from the MaldoHD FAQ:
8. I have playing in DX11 and I have framerate drops to 30 fps or the framerate locks 24 or 50 fps.

I recommend you use DXOverrider program to force vsync + TripleBuffer and disable vsync in the game menu. This and other tips are listed in the help messages into mod configurator, so it's interesting that you read them.
Even if you dont, try that.

Grief.exe

Got to be careful in those console threads.

I have a feeling there is so much idiocy and ignorance in those threads that mods just roll through and mass ban.

I guess Derrick's ban teaching us anything, I should clarify this statement a bit.

Mostly referring to the impending next-gen console war and the threads that involve those discussions.

Fitz

I have like, $100 right now that i really shouldn't spend before august 29th (but probably will have to for work). August 28th I'm going down to boston for a flight in the morning that will take me across the country to seattle for PAX Prime. Then, the 30th I get paid but then most of my paycheck goes to covering expenses.

Next time after that I get paid is the 13th so, I think it'll be a while :(

It'll probably be even cheaper somewhere by then anyway!

Sajjaja

I decided to redeem a key on Steam......
ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

Frozen for the last 5 minutes....what do?

Using any mods? This is from the MaldoHD FAQ:

Even if you dont, try that.

It's apparently linked to Vsync and being in fullscreen mode. When I put the game in Windowed mode, I get around 60 fps just fine.

The lack of a borderless windowed mode is kinda baffling, though. Good thing I have a little program installed that takes care of the borders for me. Only downside is that a small bit of screenspace gets lost.

Whools

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-45727E456B48B526 - Taken by kaleii

for the last steam gaffer without it

Vargavinter

Bah! My Steam backlog just grows and grows cant even decide where to start. Anyone know of any site that just tells you a game at random?

Fitz

But who will still be playing? I don't want to buy it and not play coop.

I know I'm going to be coming back to it a lot so I'd gladly play with you, but alas I live in Euro-Land. You're just going to have to suck it up and not eat for a while.

Gvaz

Banned
I know I'm going to be coming back to it a lot so I'd gladly play with you, but alas I live in Euro-Land. You're just going to have to suck it up and not eat for a while.

It's not so much about not eating, but I need that money for gas....to get to work.

Oh hey, a new thing.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Medal of Honor -- MB-70822E91CCB2B4A1 - Taken by Hawkie

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bought Red Faction Guerilla with card money. Open world destruction is my favorite kind of destruction.

I hope you also appreciate dull and boring open worlds. :p I played the PS3 version a few years back and found that the game had nothing to offer once the novelty of the physics-based destruction wore off.

I hope you also appreciate dull and boring open worlds. :p I played the PS3 version a few years back and found that the game had nothing to offer once the novelty of the physics-based destruction wore off.

I'm gonna play it like I'm playing Just Cause 2 now: occasionally, just for the heck of it.

It took me about two years to (not quite) 100% Just Cause 2, though to be fair there were long gaps here and there.

I just occasionally boot up the game to blow some shit up and fly a few planes. That one tiny plane thing you can buy from the black market dealer is amazing.

I did fucking crash it before taking off, the first time I bought it, though. :lol

JaseC

I just occasionally boot up the game to blow some shit up and fly a few planes. That one tiny plane thing you can buy from the black market dealer is amazing.

I did fucking crash it before taking off, the first time I bought it, though. :lol

I didn't experiment much with the Agency vehicles, though I was a fan of the hovercraft. When doing races I'd just opt for the default vehicle -- from what I read online, the default plane isn't well-liked, but I found that once you grew accustomed to it, it was very easy to manoeuvre. I absolutely loathed the bloody base-jumping races, however: I never quite got the hang of what to do (I played the game using the kb&m) and so it was miracle every time I managed to complete one.

DukeBobby

Shit, I forgot the new Dishonored DLC was out.

I thought The Knife of Dunwall was a little disappointing. Is The Brigmore Witches any better?

Derrick01

Banned
Thought I would give my thoughts on the games I bought during the sale since I didn't get a chance to. I already gave my thoughts on FTL, Hotline Miami and Fez here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76865639&postcount=172 and as you can tell I wasn't impressed much.

Resident Evil 6- This was one of the only games that I was actively targeting before the sale started and although it was a bit pricey I figured I would make the jump anyway since I only had 1 other game on my to buy list. I have to say I was surprised by how much fun I had with the game and I think it really does get an unfair amount of hatred as it's a way better game than 5. It is a dumb action game but they do give you a lot of freedom with mechanics that most shooters don't have. I knew this when I played as Chris and was surrounded by a bunch of soldiers and I got out of it by sliding under a thin part of a wall, shot and killed 2 guys while sliding, and then while still on the ground I managed to roll to the left under cover before the people in front of me could light me up. That being said the last 2 campaigns were pretty weak (Jake & Ada) and kind of left a disappointing taste after having so much fun with Leon and Chris' campaigns. There was too much copy and paste levels and enemies too. But it was a very solid game overall.

System Shock 2- Haven't played the steam version yet but come on...it's SS2.

Gunpoint- Not awful for an indie game, but there's not much content there either and I feel like I overpaid for it at $6 or whatever it was.

RPG Maker VX Ace- This was the other game I had targeted although again it was a little pricier than I wanted. If I hadn't sold that Euro Truck card for $20 on the first day of the sale then I probably would have passed on this until it dipped under the $20 mark. I haven't really played this yet since I have no goddamn idea what I'm doing, but I played RPG Maker 2 on the ps2 back in the day and even though it was tough for me I still managed to crank out a starting town with events in a good 30-40 hours of trying and basically winging it. It was a very rewarding feeling to see the work come together and I thought I'd give it another shot with this one just for fun some day when I have nothing else to play.

Torchlight 2- I'm not a big fan of the loot whore genre as they all tend to have the same problems (mediocre and repetitive gameplay, awful loot balancing where after a few hours 90% of everything you find is vendor trash) but for the first 10 hours of this I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected even though I can't necessarily say that the game doesn't have those same problems. I did appreciate how many UI and other user-friendly improvements were made in this game over the first Torchlight though and it's part of the reason why I actually bothered to finish this.

Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep- Played this with a friend for most of the time and I really enjoyed it. Generally I don't expect any core gameplay improvements or changes when we get to the 4th DLC of a game so I went in expecting more BL2 but with better loot and jokes and that's what I got. For under $4 I can't complain with the 8+ hours I got out of this.

RionaaM said:
Hi man, glad to see you back!

Thank you, it's great to be back. I've had a bunch of people tell me either through PMs or various topics that they're happy I'm back and I won't lie I really appreciate it. All these feels :p

JaseC

I wonder if Might & Magic X will be cheaper during the time it's an Early Access title. The trailer is great so I'll probably be snapping up the DDE.

It never wears off.

Maybe I'll feel differently these days thanks to my Ubisoft-honed resistance to dullness and repetition. :p

Derrick01

Banned
Derrick likes Resident Evil 6.

That's a sentence I never thought I'd write.

Now imagine how I felt when I realized I enjoyed the first 2 campaigns. It almost felt like shame. But the game really is a bit better than most people on Gaf like to say it is, and the people that were saying it has really good mechanics that aren't explained at all and that you have to figure it out yourself were right. If you play it like a cover shooter it's going to be awful.

Grief.exe

I'm surprised Derrick likes Borderlands 2.

Hey, have you started F.E.A.R. already?

I almost did late last night, but I think I would rather have the sun shining when I start that game.

I want yo play a shooter right now.

I have Portal 2 and a 1999 play through of BioShock Infinite as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom