• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I'm sure AMD doesn't know about a possible version of Halo 3 for PC either, even though they have an entry for it on their Catalyst Drivers.

AMD's reaction to that leak

shhh.gif

Dawg

Haven't touched my PS3 in two months, since I got into Steam and PC gaming. But GTA V will change that

But if we're talking about consoles as well, I'm also anticipating Beyond Two Souls, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Dark Souls 2, Arkham Origins, and Watch Dogs. But I only buy two or three new games a year so GTA V will probably be my last new game of the year.

I'd hesitantly add AC 4 too, but more for the ability to explore and experience the time period. AC lost its way a long time ago, but I'm a history buff so I love exploring the various eras. If Ubisoft just kept recreating new time periods every game, I'd be happy (Victorian London, Fedual Japan, etc,)

If the next AC won't be about Ninjas (Assassins) and Samurai (partly Templar), then I'm gonna be disappointed.

RDR in its full PC glory would be awesome

Maybe. Don't think that I've ever ended up hating a game I tried so hard to like quite as much as I have with RDR. Strangely though, despite the many problems with the gameplay and controls, the thing that ruined for me in the end was the the fact that, no matter what combination of TV and in-game settings I tried, the game always looked absolutely horrible at night. If some kind of ENB could get me over that hump, my interest might be rekindled.

Dawg

I can't even remember 90% of stuff from RDR. I just remember I was a bounty hunter, shot some taco dudes in mexico and
ended up getting killed by a bunch of backstabbing cunts

Sober

+1

Has there ever been a better, more natural era/setting than that for the Assassins/Templar conflict?

http://www.destructoid.com/ul/241887-/assassin__s_creed___another_tale__chapter_2_by_chaoyuanxu-d4x4rof-620x.jpg[IMG]

Why hasn't this happened yet?![/QUOTE]
I actually liked that British Raj one (the comic?), but I doubt anyone is actually willing to take that risk.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
RDR isn't really justifiable evidence, apparently the code was so janked that it wasn't worth dedicated the resources for the port.

As for Grand Theft Auto, every single entry has been released on the PC. Every single entry since GTA III had a delayed port to the platform. Its not hard to extrapolate that a PC version is coming.

If you actually think GTAV isn't going to be released on PC after being shown the mountain of evidence, then I judge you accordingly.
Well, not every entry. Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories and Chinatown Wars never saw a PC release.

I'm still bitter about VCS.

Derrick01

Banned
Haven't touched my PS3 in two months, since I got into Steam and PC gaming. But GTA V will change that

But if we're talking about consoles as well, I'm also anticipating Beyond Two Souls, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Dark Souls 2, Arkham Origins, and Watch Dogs. But I only buy two or three new games a year so GTA V will probably be my last new game of the year.

I'd hesitantly add AC 4 too, but more for the ability to explore and experience the time period. AC lost its way a long time ago, but I'm a history buff so I love exploring the various eras. If Ubisoft just kept recreating new time periods every game, I'd be happy (Victorian London, Fedual Japan, etc,)

Yeah AC4 looked good in the video demos but they always do and then come out being a hot mess. I'll probably get AC4 for PS4 if I can find a store doing a buy 2 get 1 free around the time the 2 consoles release, that way I get it for free.

Just started playing New Vegas. What would be the best initial build?

Don't want to fuck up my character at the beginning :/

I generally put my major skills as Lockpicking, Speech and Medicine (more health given for stimpaks). This way you're not locked out of most early locked objects or speech options and since you take the most damage early on in these games you have something to help heal you better. Using science as the third skill may be tempting but usually things that are locked with terminals are also manually locked, so majoring in both science and lockpicking is a bit redundant. You can still level it up over time but putting a 15 point boost into it isn't worth it.

As for perks I start off with stuff that gives me more xp or more skill points per level, that speeds up the process a bit. Most of the initial perks aren't that interesting anyway.

Grief.exe

Well, not every entry. Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories and Chinatown Wars never saw a PC release.

I'm still bitter about VCS.

I chose not to count those since they were mobile entries originally, but you are correct.

As for perks I start off with stuff that gives me more xp or more skill points per level, that speeds up the process a bit. Most of the initial perks aren't that interesting anyway.

Here and Now and Swift Learner are actually considered to be the worst perks in the game.

Derrick01

Banned
Here and Now and Swift Learner are actually considered to be the worst perks in the game.

They definitely help break the game the longer you play. But there's not a lot of good options early on for my playstyle and I hate just wasting perks :(

I guess you could go with ladykiller/whatever the male version is but if you major in speech you generally won't need an extra dialogue "win" option.

Momentary

Banned
Everyday I get on the Steam thread hoping for word on Metal Gear Rising, and everyday I leave disappointed.

On a completely different subject...

In Metro 2033 around chapter 6 there are some blob creatures that spew out of cyst looking things...
Yeah.... F*** THOSE MOTHER******S AND THE STUPID A.I. PARTNER THAT DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO MOVE HIS ASS!! I just said screw it and put it on easy to get past those two parts.

Yeah AC4 looked good in the video demos but they always do and then come out being a hot mess. I'll probably get AC4 for PS4 if I can find a store doing a buy 2 get 1 free around the time the 2 consoles release, that way I get it for free.

But they still moved that copy.

Your logic is the exact same as the people that go "I'm only going to buy it on sale, that will show them!".

Derrick01

Banned
But they still moved that copy.

Your logic is the exact same as the people that go "I'm only going to buy it on sale, that will show them!".

Actually my logic there is getting the game without paying for it lol. My plan from the start is to buy 4 PS4 games at launch so if someone does a buy 2 get 1 then I'll go there and get 2 extra games for free, one of them being AC. Then if it sucks I'll trade it in for $30+, probably towards Infamous.

DukeBobby

On a completely different subject...

In Metro 2033 around chapter 6 there are some blob creatures that spew out of cyst looking things...
Yeah.... F*** THOSE MOTHER******S AND THE STUPID A.I. PARTNER THAT DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO MOVE HIS ASS!! I just said screw it and put it on easy to get past those two parts.

That part nearly ruined the game for me. Thankfully, Metro: Last Light doesn't have anything as bad as that.

Turfster

Actually my logic there is getting the game without paying for it lol. My plan from the start is to buy 4 PS4 games at launch so if someone does a buy 2 get 1 then I'll go there and get 2 extra games for free, one of them being AC.

It's technically still a copy 'sold', tho.
Not that Ubi really cares. AC is such a conveyor belt series by now they'll probably still be making them when we use cranial jacks.

DukeBobby

Actually my logic there is getting the game without paying for it lol. My plan from the start is to buy 4 PS4 games at launch so if someone does a buy 2 get 1 then I'll go there and get 2 extra games for free, one of them being AC. Then if it sucks I'll trade it in for $30+, probably towards Infamous.

I'm sure you could get a better free game than Assassin's Creed.

Derrick01

Banned
It's technically still a copy 'sold', tho.
Not that Ubi really cares. AC is such a conveyor belt series by now they'll probably still be making them when we use cranial jacks.

That's fine. You guys are mistaking that I'm doing it out of some kind of protest when I just want to play the game without spending any money on my end lol. If I can't get it for free then I'm not going to go out and buy it, at least not at $40-60.

I'm sure you could get a better free game than Assassin's Creed.

Not really. After you take away the 4 games I'm getting and factor in that driveclub will be free (partially anyway, but I don't care for racing games so I'm ok with partial) there's not a lot left. NBA 2k, Madden, COD, and AC4 are all I can think of. Maybe if I can get a free PS3 game but I'm sure part of the deal will be limiting purchases to PS4/XB1 games only.

I guess I should also mention that I'm not buying an XB1 so that eliminates those games.

Turfster

That's fine. You guys are mistaking that I'm doing it out of some kind of protest when I just want to play the game without spending any money on my end lol. If I can't get it for free then I'm not going to go out and buy it, at least not at $40-60.
Oh. Gotcha. I'll just wait for it to be on PS+, and even then... I haven't really bothered with an AC after 2.

Derrick01

Banned
Pachter says Valve makes about 800 million dollars a year

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/98h2im/why-is-kinect-forced-upon-us-

About 8 minutes into the video.

I have to imagine they make more than that. All those borderline free (for them) transactions on the marketplace add up, even if it's only a 5% take. The biggest ones tend to be TF2 and Dota items which means Valve gets the full 15% cut too.

Then out of the money people make they either buy more items on the marketplace, giving Valve another 5-15% of it, or buying games on Steam which gives them around a 30% cut. It's the perfect "scheme" for Valve that also works in the consumer's favor.

Derrick01

Banned
I recently broke free from my addiction to Euro Truck Simulator 2, but I have the sudden urge to play it again.

I'm glad more people became aware of that game during the sale. I bought it full price when it released on Steam and immediately put 40 hours on it before stopping for a while. The internet radio addition makes that game addictive as hell. It feels like driving for real for me, I find myself settling in and listening to the radio like I do in my car.

Derrick01

Banned
For the sake of my backlog, I can't.

Screw backlogs.

My opinion on backlogs is if the game was actually that good and you really wanted to play it, then you would. A time issue is one thing but if you're putting them off for other games then those games aren't that big of a deal to you.

I technically have a 60+ game backlog with all of these indie games I have on Steam (and some other games I never finished like Metro 2033) but they don't mean shit to me so I don't feel an obligation of finishing them. I'd trade them in if the option existed.

Screw backlogs.

My opinion on backlogs is if the game was actually that good and you really wanted to play it, then you would. A time issue is one thing but if you're putting them off for other games then those games aren't that big of a deal to you.

I technically have a 60+ game backlog with all of these indie games I have on Steam (and some other games I never finished like Metro 2033) but they don't mean shit to me so I don't feel an obligation of finishing them. I'd trade them in if the option existed.
I know what you mean. Got 59 games, about 6 of them I've never touched. I've put the most time into Mount and Blade Warband, Pid, Teleglitch, and Limbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom