• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell, for ages I thought Saint's Row IV was coming out next week. Just checked again and it's next month. No idea how I even got that idea in my head.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anybody know how pre orders are handled on Nuuvem? Would I get a chance to pre load Saints Row IV at all? Can anyone confirm if it is Region Free?

Thanks

Nuuvem will hand out keys when they're received, the when of which is entirely in 2K's court -- generally speaking, if there's going to be a pre-load period, third-party retailers will receive keys in time for it. There is a BR-specific SR4 sub in the registry, but there are no runtime restrictions applied to it, and the app id itself is the same as in the other subs.

Surely somebody has to do :boobs:

It would be free money.

:boobs: and :saoirse: would make it rain.

Deadbeat

Banned
P.S. There is a shitload of unclaimed keys guys.
Its probably because most people like me exploited that 20 dollar coupon thing on Origin and got the games they wanted already and of course this bundle is pretty cheap to get everything you might not have already.

Now if warfighter gets added...

It's in 4 day's, dude.

bAfbaXc.jpg

Perhaps just the Australian we can't be adult's down under version.

RedSwirl

Is Red Faction II worth it? I heard it wasn't as good as the first one. I only remember playing a PS2 demo of RF2 a long-ass time ago.

And on the Steam page it says the game doesn't support DX10 cards at all. What's that supposed to mean?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Is Red Faction II worth it? I heard it wasn't as good as the first one. I only remember playing a PS2 demo of RF2 a long-ass time ago.

And on the Steam page it says the game doesn't support DX10 cards at all. What's that supposed to mean?

There is a community patch that fixes most of the issues, but the game is a massive turd. Worst of the series by far.

RedSwirl

If the next AC won't be about Ninjas (Assassins) and Samurai (partly Templar), then I'm gonna be disappointed.

I think Ubisoft has specifically said that anywhere in Asia would be "too predictable." You also don't have as many tall buildings throughout most of medieval Asia. The fan art you see for the Chinese Assassin's Creed assumes everywhere in China looked like the Forbidden City.

Have you played Guerrilla? Now that game is so much fucking fun. Jumping a truck off a cliff and through a building never gets old. Neither does having a firefight in a structure, blowing it apart in the process, and then realizing that it's coming down...

wilflare

I think Ubisoft has specifically said that anywhere in Asia would be "too predictable." You also don't have as many tall buildings throughout most of medieval Asia. The fan art you see for the Chinese Assassin's Creed assumes everywhere in China looked like the Forbidden City.

what... ?

there's plenty of material to work with in East Asia..
For China, there are the mountains/monasteries/different martial arts sects and etc to work with
For Japan, the Tokugawa Era has such a diverse culture that it would be fun to work with. You can even add in the monks, etc (look at Total War: Shogun 2!) If they would want to pursue an even earlier time period, they could definitely go with Nara period (Classical Japan) -> there's also a diverse variety of culture to work with.

EDIT: I think Ubisoft needs to put in more work (come on, hire some historians or cultural studies grad) and they will definitely something to work on and work with. To simply write off Asia as "too predictable" is quite an affront to a region with such a rich and diverse cultural history. (Yes, the examples I wrote about above is only East Asia... there's still India, Southeast Asia, Thailand to think about and work with)

Wow, Krater runs liks crap, I'm glad I got it from a bundle instead of buying it, I'd be pretty mad.

Any tips on how to fix performance? I'm using an 650m, all the other games run fine, but this one just runs at like 6 fps.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just finished Guacamelee. I don't think I liked that game very much at all. The platforming was fine, but the combat was maddening. Not a fan of that system.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Maddening how? Personally, I felt it had one of the better metroidvania combat systems.

Well it has a combat system, so that automatically makes it "better" I suppose. What I didn't like was the constant switching between worlds along with using the different skills to break the force fields. I found that super annoying. When it was just against a few enemies it was fine, but more than that and it just wasn't fun for me. I am absolutely not calling it bad, I recognize why so many people love it. It just really isn't for me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just finished Guacamelee. I don't think I liked that game very much at all. The platforming was fine, but the combat was maddening. Not a fan of that system.
-They get invincibility frames for all their moves, you get none for any of your moves except holding someone (their attacks interrupt all of yours).
-No input buffering and no cancels so everything feels sloppy and slow.
-Long recovery on most moves so if you have to stop attacking one dude to dodge projectiles or attack another dude, too bad.
-If you ever get hit you fall down, never passive damage so it's even slower and you are set up for wakeup hits.

They had all the moves of a beat-em-up but nothing of the infrastructure to utilize them in a good way. Then the special shields and dimension flipping was obnoxious. "Isn't this a little too ambitious for a flash game?" Yes, yes it is. Though I also found the excessive dimension flipping platforming to be more obnoxious than fun, plus Giana Sisters does it way more smoothly, hurting my view of the effect here.

bronson

Port Royale 3 is on sale, so the cards have dropped in price a good deal. Should I gamble on crafting a badge to get that (common but super expensive) weed emoticon?

Razorskin

----- ------
yo
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Botanicula -- MB-7047EABFA00CD891 - Taken by BorntoPlay
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-AA12F29D989322DE - Taken by Khronico
The Showdown Effect -- MB-D93F019B3591EFA9 - Taken by NingenJanai

Kuroyume

Banned
Just tried Skullgirls beta for a few...

Kinda ok? Animation looks like crap. I think even stuff like SFII looks better animated. That's what really stuck out to me. Otherwise it seems fairly competent. Don't get the hype.

Dice

I think even stuff like SFII looks better animated.
When things are HD your eyes catch more details and thus want to track those details, and lacking motion/frames will be more apparent. That is the only reason SF2 would look better animated, but it definitely isn't.

It is truly a limitation of 2D, though. Animating that much in 2D would be super ridiculously stupid expensive. That's why you see the future going to GG Xrd.

Kuroyume

Banned
Animation looks like crap? Ok...

Ok.

When things are HD your eyes catch more details and thus want to track those details, and lacking motion/frames will be more apparent. That is the only reason SF2 would look better animated, but it definitely isn't.

It is truly a limitation of 2D, though. Animating that much in 2D would be super ridiculously stupid expensive. That's why you see the future going to GG Xrd.

I didn't have a problem with KOFXII though. And that was in HD. This game just looks strange.

Dice

I didn't have a problem with KOFXII though. And that was in HD. This game just looks strange.
KoF is more strict anime style and kind of stiff compared to Capcom games, allowing great consistency of motion within each movement. Skullgirls is more like saturday morning cartoon style with exaggerated and morphing proportions and crazy movement. So yes, it is strange, and is meant to be. Not sure if you mean something other than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom