• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not that often and most of the time the 25% only applies to few specific pre-orders. Universal 25% off of pre-orders is somewhat rare and 30% almost unique.

The discount may not always be 25%, but there's at least one discount code per month that will work on select pre-orders. I hardly meant to imply that such codes work on every pre-order -- 2K in particular typically doesn't allow them, for example.

Edit: Here's how the past six months, excluding August, have fared:

July: Up to $12 in GMG credit (effectively -24%)
June: -25%
May: -25%
April: -25%
March: -25%
February: -25%

I didn't do a lot of digging so I may have missed a 30% discount code here or there.

oipic

Most of Australian GAF is getting sleepy; Jase, over there in the West (and seemingly something of a night-owl), will strongly and bravely represent us for several hours yet.

Cheddahz

Banned
My dad bought me a laptop for school an the first thing I ended up doing was install Steam on it to play Civ V, lol

I also decided to beat the average on te new Humble Bundle so I could get the expansion packs for The Sims 3 and I have my mom the base game...and then I had to help her install Origin over the phone (that was a pain in the ass)

Actually, there are a few designs with Origin I like better than Steam, but they are minor ones, like how it tells you how far the game has been downloading underneath the game and the fact that you can hide games from tie library. I think I prefer Origin's library setup over Steam's library o.0

AHA-Lambda

The discount may not always be 25%, but there's at least one discount code per month that will work on select pre-orders. I hardly meant to imply that such codes work on every pre-order -- 2K in particular typically doesn't allow them, for example.

Edit: Here's how the past six months, excluding August, have fared:

July: Up to $12 in GMG credit (effectively -24%)
June: -25%
May: -25%
April: -25%
March: -25%
February: -25%

I didn't do a lot of digging so I may have missed a 30% discount code here or there.

That makes me think to just get the Batman pre order now.

Derrick01

Banned

It's not a huge difference really. You only save like $2 more with a 25% code instead of a 20%. I'm waiting to see if they have a better coupon as well as a slight pre-order discount (like 10% off) to drop it even more.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ORIGIN Crysis 2 -- MB-178183A4C2ACBF5B - Taken by Atraveller
ORIGIN Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-54926568AE3A739F - Taken by nightstorm
ORIGIN Mirror's Edge -- MB-E5C8D9711EE4427E
ORIGIN Battlefield 3 -- MB-6879DFD5BC83DE41 - Taken by Ingueferroque

^_^

JaseC

Well, even if a 30% code does pop up, you've only paid $2.50 more than you would have had you waited... but on the other hand, you're not gaining anything by pre-ordering now, so there's no harm in waiting.

Cheddahz

Banned
Still have some keys left, enjoy it

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Dead Space -- MB-E60ACA0836633A3A - Taken by KMD
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-1B5580E0EF339AFE
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-D4705CF2F852E844 - Taken by kennah
Mirror's Edge -- MB-4A23F4C55EF05F8B
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-3CBB73A53B0CAAB8
Medal of Honor -- MB-919A63E6157E8522 - Taken by neoism
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-1F0824BFB3CBEC0E
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-CAAEFBD8C649D17F - Taken by Sajjaja
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-46EADD114B65125D

JaseC

Steam removed my categories with the newest update :( Anyone else?

For future reference, custom categories are saved in userdata\[account id]\7\remote\sharedconfig.vdf, so be sure to back up this file once you've re-organised your library.

JaseC

Most of Australian GAF is getting sleepy; Jase, over there in the West (and seemingly something of a night-owl), will strongly and bravely represent us for several hours yet.

tumblr_mo5899uNwq1r0bcefo5_250.gif

Thanks for the heads up. Backupped just in case.
Thanks, I'm going to do this now.

If you also have non-Steam shortcuts, they're stored in userdata\[account id]\config\shortcuts.vdf.

Edit: Come to think of it, setting the files to read-only should prevent them from being deleted/overwritten, although you'd need disable the option when making changes.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Could somebody help me with Max Payne 3?

Running it for the first time gives me a "link to a steam account?" popup on the title screen that isn't clickable and just disappears after a second, then I can't press enter or start on a controller like it's asking, nothing happens.

JaseC

Could somebody help me with Max Payne 3?

Running it for the first time gives me a "link to a steam account?" popup on the title screen that isn't clickable and just disappears after a second, then I can't press enter or start on a controller like it's asking, nothing happens.

Try reinstalling Social Club. For some reason R* doesn't offer an installer on the SC website, but there should be one buried somewhere in your Max Payne 3 installation directory.

Derrick01

Banned
I hate that every single Kalypso game I own is using that shitty Kalypso account launcher.

That's the only reason I haven't played Tropico 4 yet. I'm so done with making extra accounts that I have to keep track of and every time I see news that one of the sites I have an account on was hacked it strengthens my resolve even more.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Try reinstalling Social Club. For some reason R* doesn't offer an installer on the SC website, but there should be one buried somewhere in your Max Payne 3 installation directory.
I just did, and still the same unresponsive title screen.

JaseC

I just did, and still the same unresponsive title screen.

I poked around R*'s FAQ and although there's nothing addressing your particular situation, one rather weird fix for an SC-related issue was to first run the game in a window (right-click -> Properties -> Set launch options -> -windowed). Failing that, I'd verify the game's cache and ensure your GPU drivers are up-to-date. Failing that, I have no idea.

JaseC

Anyone have a link to the programs I would need to de-authorize games like Batman AA, Batman AC, and Crysis 1 and Warhead? Getting ready to reformat.

Not sure if I have any more games that need to be de-authorized. If you see any in my games list please give me a heads up. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197978617538/

Arkham Asylum and City you should be able to revoke just by creating a shortcut to the main executables and adding /revoke to the end of the target line, while EA offers deauth tools for its various SecuROM-supporting games here.

Edit: Beaten.

mattiewheels

I poked around R*'s FAQ and although there's nothing addressing your particular situation, one rather weird fix for an SC-related issue was to first run the game in a window (right-click -> Properties -> Set launch options -> -windowed). Failing that, I'd verify the game's cache and ensure your GPU drivers are up-to-date. Failing that, I have no idea.
Nothing. Thanks for the help though.

Drizzt519

Banned
33 feels pretty much lime 30-32. Now 26 feels so much younger. I think that was my prime and now it all down hill.

Ive only been gaming on a pc fo about 3 years. Still a young noob to that.

Anyone have a link to the programs I would need to de-authorize games like Batman AA, Batman AC, and Crysis 1 and Warhead? Getting ready to reformat.

Not sure if I have any more games that need to be de-authorized. If you see any in my games list please give me a heads up. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197978617538/

Daw, you must have defriended me. I feel so...unwanted :(.

I think one or both the dead space games need deauthorizing. Sorry I can't point to the relevant tools right now. Also, if you want to hang on to your saves for gfwl games, be sure to transfer your gfwl files as well or the saves won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom