• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, you can buy the individual DLC and the pack containing all the DLC? Doesn't this just mean you can get an extra entry for your list?

Capcom VS. JaseC:

iP10pkmLzTDvg.gif

That gif would be accurate if only Capcom would put the individual pieces on sale!

You're only missing the 5 dollar character pack, you don't need the dlc bundle.

Yeah, I mentioned as much in the edit. ;)

Mileena

Banned
That's... actually a really good deal.

I just bought the DLC characters on PSN yesterday, too...

I *kinda* want to bite but not sure, especially with how much leeway I have in terms of money at the moment.

Is the netcode decent for the PC version at all?
The netcode is awful like every other GFWL game I've played. Everything else about the port is good though.

Wok

While I loved The Path a lot, this just looks plain weird and insubstancial. Does anyone know what kind of "game" it actually is and what you can/should/may do in Bientôt l'été?

You talk with strangers with words you collect on the beach.

BiggNife

Hmm. SFxT with DLC is tempting, but I have no desire to play it until 2013 comes out. I guess I'll wait until the summer sale or something.

Caerith

You do which is ridiculous. This trend of forcing people to download every DLC that comes out even if I don;t own it needs to stop. People have data caps and while I understand its probably easier to do it this way I really don't need the extra stress of monitoring my home data usage.
It's a perfectly acceptable practice in multiplayer games where if one player has it the others can access it.

And, really, co-op is the only way I'd ever play Skyrim.

ArjanN

Is SFxT even a good game?

It's pretty good, but the PC is still missing the latest patch that improves a bunch of stuff about it.

Patches that the PC version might not be getting any time soon due to GFWL and MS's cert process.

Capcom have said they're trying to get the 2013 patch for PC out sooner, and I choose to kinda sorta believe them this time. :p

It probably helps DmC for PC is out now, as QLOC was doing that, RE6 for PC and the SFxT patches.

Ledsen

Man, Crysis can suck my ass. Such a great game that left me with a bad taste in my mouth because

1) the last 1/3rd is horribly shitty and

2) "Lock on using the TAC cannon!!!" Well I don't have the fucking TAC cannon because the level is bugged, you asshole.

I've only playted the 2013 version and I like it a lot. It's a very offense heavy fighter or, at least, the Tekken cast are.

Anyway, I didn't know this forum was so attached to used games. So many threads!

People see their beloved AAA market threatened. It was only a question of time.

People see their beloved AAA market threatened. It was only a question of time.

This is going to come off sounding harsh, but I think it's hilarious, as if people weren't over priced for console games already.

It will only help the PC industry as more and more people will come here for cheaper prices, add in the fact that Valve and amazon will hopefully be pioneering user re-selling of digital licenses and the irony gets even sweeter, full circle :)

This is going to come off sounding harsh, but I think it's hilarious, as if people weren't over priced for console games already.

It will only help the PC industry as more and more people will come here for cheaper prices, add in the fact that Valve and amazon will hopefully be pioneering user re-selling of digital licenses and the irony gets even sweeter, full circle :)
Yea, console gamers acostumed to used games sale practices could recoup funds saling DOTA 2 invites.

They don't know what they are missing.

It really is hilarious to see people realize that the current AAA-landscape isn't as sustainable as they think it was. As if the huge budgets and developers closing left and right weren't any indication. It's just satisfying to see the mindless corporate-driven hype come to a sudden halt. Next-gen is going to be fun.

nexen

Honestly once the smoke settles I suspect that market forces will have driven the cost of new console games down so low that the used market would've been marginalized anyways.

Until that time it is going to make the prospect of delivering a AAA non-hit game even more fatal than it currently is. *shudder*

So is the SFxT complete pack an actual complete pack? What's with all the gems stuff thats listed as individual DLC, but not listed as part of the complete pack?

This is pretty confusing, and I haven't exactly followed SFxT, but am sort of interested in it

zkylon

zkylewd
Heh, I just noticed that ourtrage from that 76 page thread of always online xbox.

Gabe laughs at that notion.
That Steam is convenient enough for us to ignore that offline mode has been broken for the better part of its existence doesn't make it so that Steam's always online isn't some draconian shit that makes Yves Guillermot wet.

That Steam is convenient enough for us to ignore that offline mode has been broken for the better time of its existence doesn't make it so that Steam's always online isn't some draconian shit that makes Yves Guillermot wet.

Water is not wet, never forget.

Anyway I'm bunkering down in here until it does settle down, I await the glorious day that this entire forum is filled with nothing other than PC Linux gamer's.

That Steam is convenient enough for us to ignore that offline mode has been broken for the better time of its existence doesn't make it so that Steam's always online isn't some draconian shit that makes Yves Guillermot wet.

Steam isn't "always online" and people seem to have less of a problem with 24/7 internet access on PC than on consoles. It was a shitty situation for many people though, no doubt.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Steam isn't "always online" and people seem to have less of a problem with 24/7 internet access on PC than on consoles. It was a shitty situation for many people though, no doubt.

I've been offline at home for 4 weeks now and I've been able to play my Steam games. Of course, DRM varies from case to case but most single player games work perfectly fine as long as you go into offline mode properly. It's definitely way different than always online (I know you know this, just sayin').

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
There is no greater emotional feeling of uselessness than a computer without internet access.

It's like having sex with a eunuch.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, right now offline mode's in a way better state that it was a year ago, but it's been unreliable for as long as I've known it.

edit: ah yeah, I just realized what you meant, yeah, you're right, I knew that, just had a mental lapse and forgot about it on my above post...

Capcom have said they're trying to get the 2013 patch for PC out sooner, and I choose to kinda sorta believe them this time. :p

It probably helps DmC for PC is out now, as QLOC was doing that, RE6 for PC and the SFxT patches.
Sven actually blamed the Japan branch for SFxT's problems, saying they were very slow sending SFxT files (in a random Ask Capcom forum) hence all of the delays with patches. Probably helped that DmC was done by a Western dev on that front.

Resident Evil Revelations PC will show just how much Capcom's PC support has changed (assuming it's releasedon the same date as the console versions).

Zeth

Would anyone recommend playing American Nightmare sans Alan Wake? Never got around to the original but I like the price on AN.

That Steam is convenient enough for us to ignore that offline mode has been broken for the better part of its existence doesn't make it so that Steam's always online isn't some draconian shit that makes Yves Guillermot wet.
Spoken for a 100 years there. Everytime i spent a cent os a Steam i remember that im not buying, im renting a game. Now GoG is DD done well in terms of ownership.
There is no greater emotional feeling of uselessness than a computer without internet access.

It's like having sex with a eunuch.
Both how well does the eunuch blows? That could change everything.

Would anyone recommend playing American Nightmare sans Alan Wake? Never got around to the original but I like the price on AN.
Not much problem at all, some references but in my opinion is pretty self contained. First game campaign is better and prettier. American has the cool arcade style survival mode thought.

So sorry, im used to these boards moving faster.

Dr Dogg

I used to have my laptop run in offline mode all the time and the only time I'd notice was when UPlay would have a winge at me for not being connected.

Although it's some kind of side-story it has also a bit of a spoiler right in the beginning. Personally I suggest playing the original first.

Although it's some kind of side-story it has also a bit of a spoiler right in the beginning. Personally I suggest playing the original first.
Honest question:

Do you think there's anything to spoil in Alan Wake? People that seen movies the last 2 decades could figure out any "plot surprises" this game throws at then.

But it's a fair warning i guess.
Eunuchs lack sex drive, so it'd be the laziest, most belabored blowjob ever.

Unless they are psychologically deviant or something, then we've got another problem.
I....

On second though, that's a tangent of the used market dissucssion i dont want to embarck on XD

Nabs

I personally would not recommend playing it at all. Just play Alan Wake (PC) and the DLC chapters. AN is really boring and not worth the time.

I think I edited this post 5 times in the last 20 seconds. 6. 7.

Honest question:

Do you think there's anything to spoil in Alan Wake? People that seen movies the last 2 decades could figure out any "plot surprises" this game throws at then.

But it's a fair warning i guess.

Well, I actually really enjoyed the story, its twists and turns and ultimately the ending. I think a lot of the experience would be lost by not knowing what happened in Alan Wake. Others might disagree though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom