• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That too, I played 4 hours of Dark Souls, 90% of which was spent watching the "You died" message.

I'll have to restart it and try to understand the mechanics and everything.

I recently realised that I forgot to change the two lines in dsfix.ini that relate to the game's internal rendering resolution. Oops.

That won't be a long stay either though. And you know what's next.

The GFWL Marketplace? At least I'll finally be able to get a DD copy of Gears of War! (How strange that with all the MS games that were recently uncovered in the registry, Gears PC wasn't among them.)

hey what ever happened with halo and halo 2 strings appearing in the steam gamehub?

Nothing yet.

The GFWL Marketplace? At least I'll finally be able to get a DD copy of Gears of War! (How strange that with all the MS games that were recently uncovered in the registry, Gears PC wasn't among them.)

And then uPlay. From that you can move on to the Gamestop or GamersGate exclusives, GOG, Desura... until you need to install Windows 8.

Wasn't Gears pretty buggy? Or did they fix it?

Smokey

Umm...so I tried to login to Steam. And my auto login settings are gone. I put in all of my info and my pw and it says that my username does not exist.

WTF

Have I been hacked or something.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Umm...so I tried to login to Steam. And my auto login settings are gone. I put in all of my info and my pw and it says that my username does not exist.

WTF

Have I been hacked or something.

Before reopening Steam, try deleting ClientRegistry.blob (root folder) and winui.gcf (in steamapps).

And then uPlay. From that you can move on to the Gamestop or GamersGate exclusives, GOG, Desura... until you need to install Windows 8.

Wasn't Gears pretty buggy? Or did they fix it?

I've only played it once and that was all the way back in 2007, but a mate and I co-op'd the campaign so it can't be too buggy. There was a hilarious oversight with the game's digital certificate, though.

Edit: Bah, forgot to switch tabs again.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Apparently you can get Ninja Blade for free from GMG if you link it with you Playfire account. It's not available in Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Guernsey or Japan. Wish I had seen that before I created a Playfire account :(

1) create a new playfire account
2) get a vpn account
3) link your shit and fake your location with said vpn
4) profit

I've only played it once and that was all the way back in 2007, but a mate and I co-op'd the campaign so it can't be too buggy. There was a hilarious oversight with the game's digital certificate, though.

Edit: Bah, forgot to switch tabs again.

Ah, alright. Who knows, maybe they're just not interested in putting the rest of the franchise on Steam.

1) create a new playfire account
2) get a vpn account
3) link your shit and fake your location with said vpn
4) profit

I can neither confirm nor deny whether this worked or not, drizzlex.

dani_dc

Any chance of Dark Souls or Sleeping Dogs going on sale soon? I'm thinking of getting one of those or Borderlands 2 along with CS:GO.

I doubt you'll see Sleeping Dogs seeing as it was on sale in the last two weeks on both Steam and GMG, perhaps on Amazon or GG.

As for Dark Souls, if you're on Europe you could order the physical version (registers on Steam) for around 16 pounds/20 euros on Amazon or Zavvi.

Wok

Apparently you can get Ninja Blade for free from GMG if you link it with you Playfire account. It's not available in Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Guernsey or Japan. Wish I had seen that before I created a Playfire account :(

So I have created an account on Playfire and linked it with GMG:
  • the game has no Steam key,
  • I can feel Playfire will be facebook-spammy,
  • I have opted in a mailing list of GMG.

By taking advantage of this free game giveaway you accept that you will be opted in to receive news on the latest promotions. Don't worry, if it's not for you, you can opt out in the Personal Profile section of My Account.

Totally not worth it.

Nokterian

Never played Counterstrike..soo is G.O any good what is the difference of the hardcore 1.6 and such? Is it fun to play and shoot and what not?

I was watching the latest Pach-Attack! on GT (don't ask me why) and he talks about why Red Dead Redemption isn't on PC.

It's a terrible episode.

What's the true reason? I recall reading the game was basically thrown together at the last minute [though if true it doesn't show] and that the team went through severe crunch. Could the game simply not be feasible to easily port as a result or is it merely a business decision?

HoosTrax

I was watching the latest Pach-Attack! on GT (don't ask me why) and he talks about why Red Dead Redemption isn't on PC.

He thinks "publishers have abandon PC as a platform for most console games because of piracy".

He also says "most of Rockstar games end on PC after 2 or 3 years".

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/ttl4ex/pach-attack--region-locked-

It's a terrible episode.
*glances at tpb out of curiosity*

Um ok, that doesn't really explain why GTAIV, which is such an old game, is being so heavily pirated compared to Borderlands 2 or XCOM, two much more recent Take Two games. Hardly anyone is pirating Civ V, which is another singleplayer-heavy game.

Rolling Securom + GFWL + Rockstar Social Club all into one game isn't really helping their case.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

He thinks "publishers have abandon PC as a platform for most console games because of piracy".

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/ttl4ex/pach-attack--region-locked-

It's a terrible episode.

http://majornelson.com/2013/02/06/live-activity-for-week-of-january-28th/

LIVE Activity for week of January 28th

Games for Windows Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)
  1. GTA IV
  2. Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition
  3. Age of Empires Online
  4. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
  5. Batman Arkham City
  6. Fallout 3
  7. Resident Evil 5
  8. Microsoft Flight
  9. DiRT 3
  10. Fable III
  11. Ace Combat Assault Horizon
  12. Bioshock 2
  13. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  14. Street Fighter X Tekken
  15. Colin McRae : Dirt 2
  16. F1 2011
  17. Virtua Tennis 4
  18. Street Fighter IV
  19. Resident Evil Racoon City
  20. Bulletstorm

Dmax3901

Any UK gaffer wanna gift me a Bioshock Infinite preorder on Steam and I reimburse via paypal?

Seems like the cheapest option for Australians that I can find.

Never played Counterstrike..soo is G.O any good what is the difference of the hardcore 1.6 and such? Is it fun to play and shoot and what not?

I like it, it's really fun to play classic matches and the shooting follows the classic counter-strike formula (with no scopes and whatnot). Though the problem I seem to have with it is the lack of players playing some times late at night. Haven't played for a couple of months though so there may have been an influx of players while I've been gone.

EDIT: Ohh just noticed that you said you've never played Counter Strike.... Hmmm, well I would say that GO is much more noob-friendly as most of the hardcore Counter Strike players still play 1.6 or Source. But other than that I think it's a good game.

If you truly want the classic Counter-Strike experience and your into a tough learning curve that involves getting your ass kicked for months before your reflexes can match up with some of the people playing, then get 1.6.

Nabs

Any UK gaffer wanna gift me a Bioshock Infinite preorder on Steam and I reimburse via paypal?

Seems like the cheapest option for Australians that I can find.

gmg seems to be kind of cheap with either the coupon code or the cash back option.

Rapstah

Okay, what the Christ is "Biontôt l'été"?

Bientôt l’été is a videogame for two players. Two players who pretend to be lovers. They pretend to be lovers separated from each other by lightyears of deep space. They have lonely walks along the shore of a simulated ocean, thinking wistful thoughts of each other. Thoughts from ancient Earth literature by Marguerite Duras.

ss_18c1f47c12472adb116f2f3b263cc706bf27596e.1920x1080.jpg

Is it the kind of thing people will say changed their life or the worst hipster bullshit ever?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Looks like a possible new worst game ever. I mean I tolerated Binding of Issac for 6 hours and I don't know if I could take 6 minutes of that.

1-D_FTW

Bientôt l’été is a videogame for two players. Two players who pretend to be lovers. They pretend to be lovers separated from each other by lightyears of deep space. They have lonely walks along the shore of a simulated ocean, thinking wistful thoughts of each other. Thoughts from ancient Earth literature by Marguerite Duras.

Is it the kind of thing people will say changed their life or the worst hipster bullshit ever?

Some games just sell themselves.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I streamed this last night and I have to say that
It's total shit, wankery at its finest

If you're curious, you can check out the VODs here until I figure out how to get these off of justin.tv and onto youtube. (They're labeled lazily as Tale of Tales somethingorother)

jediyoshi

It just sounds like the flavor text needed more things to remind you it was french.

zkylon

zkylewd

I'm usually all over weird art games but I dislike Tales of Tales' output in general and I doubt that'll be any different. They should just shoot short films instead.

Chris R

So the market is really cool, but I wish I could see what the low/average/high selling price as well as how many of an item were for sale FROM the selling area instead of needing to go back and forth.

ArjanN

It's a terrible episode.

Huh. I'd actually say the current trend is pretty much the opposite of that.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Huh. I'd actually say the current trend is pretty much the opposite of that.
Don't forget it's Pachter we're talking about. I'd be surprised if he gets something, ANYTHING, right.

I'm sure he'll label me as part of the 75% of GAF that's an asshole due to this post.

DTKT

http://majornelson.com/2013/02/06/live-activity-for-week-of-january-28th/

LIVE Activity for week of January 28th

Games for Windows Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)
  1. GTA IV
  2. Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition
  3. Age of Empires Online
  4. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
  5. Batman Arkham City
  6. Fallout 3
  7. Resident Evil 5
  8. Microsoft Flight
  9. DiRT 3
  10. Fable III
  11. Ace Combat Assault Horizon
  12. Bioshock 2
  13. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  14. Street Fighter X Tekken
  15. Colin McRae : Dirt 2
  16. F1 2011
  17. Virtua Tennis 4
  18. Street Fighter IV
  19. Resident Evil Racoon City
  20. Bulletstorm

A chart is meaningless. What matters are the numbers behind it. For all we know, it could be a few hundreds players per game. That doesn't make the successful, even if they are in a top 10.

Relax.MX

Hotline Miami music suddenly stopped working.. I was trying to do A+ in all stage(Im in the level 10) but without music is just not fun anymore :( I try reinstall, verify the cache,restart the PC and nothing

Someone? The music in this game is vital..even for the gameplay..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom