• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

So, checking the page for Civ V Gold, I get "Here's what you save by buying this bundle: $-45.00." Is that the enhanced Steam plugin at work?

Javaman

Is anyone else having trouble launching steam? Mine keeps opening up to an empty window. I can resize it and the mouse acts like I'm hovering over stuff in the window but it's totally blank. Somehow I managed to get the bottom corner to reveal itself but all the windows and steam news popups are empty.

MD0BESL.jpg

Steam was running fine just a bit ago and I clicked the typical steam update and this happened after restarting it. I've restarted it several times, tried rebooting, deleted the clientregistry.blob thingy and updated flash. Anyone else having this issue?

Blizzard

Banned
Is anyone else having trouble launching steam? Mine keeps opening up to an empty window. I can resize it and the mouse acts like I'm hovering over stuff in the window but it's totally blank. Somehow I managed to get the bottom corner to reveal itself but all the windows and steam news popups are empty.

MD0BESL.jpg

Steam was running fine just a bit ago and I clicked the typical steam update and this happened after restarting it. I've restarted it several times, tried rebooting, deleted the clientregistry.blob thingy and updated flash. Anyone else having this issue?
Oh man, that's the "crazy kid and stroller" desktop background virus, I'm afraid you're doomed.

Javaman

Found the problem. For some reason steam doesn't update it's screen on my dual screen setup. They must have broken something with the latest update. Dragging the window to the the primary monitor updates it. (ignore the offset, my monitors are on 2 different levels)

wbEWNuD.jpg

The only thing wrong with the vanilla skin is that stupid looking BPM icon. It just looks tacky and out of place. At least it's not purple and blue anymore.

To be fair I think it's starting to show its age just a tad, but I still appreciate the look.

That icon looks tacked on though for sure....

Also the beta client got 2 patches today I think, something about dramatically less cpu usage and quicker ui, :).

Source.

ShaneB

I just want a major overhaul to the ui :( Sure skins are nice and all, but my god there must be someone at Valve who can design a new UI for non-big picture mode.

ShaneB

My biggest annoyances are the giant fonts. I don't need STORE LIBRARY COMMUNITY, etc, staring at me. I'm back to Compact.

HoosTrax

Found the problem. For some reason steam doesn't update it's screen on my dual screen setup. They must have broken something with the latest update. Dragging the window to the the primary monitor updates it. (ignore the offset, my monitors are on 2 different levels)
The latest beta is definitely a bit borked. I usually have Steam on my other [smaller resolution] monitor, and right now, it's not maximizing properly. It ends up looking a bit like your screenshot.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Huh, buying Trains vs Zombies 2 also nets you the base game of Train Simulator 2013; there's only one library entry ("Train Simulator 2013"), but Steam says that I already own the former and apparently I can purchase DLC for the latter without receiving the error stating I lack the base content.

Pixelvision used to be my favorite until i switched to the very sexy 'Metro' Steam skin. The simplicity is awesome.

metro_for_steam___2_8_4_by_boneyardbrew-d4u3kjv.png

Metro is a little too minimalist for my liking.

Bioshock Infinite for $28 over on GMG.

$15 off with 25% coupon
$17 off with credit

Tempting.

You can't apply the coupon, at least in NA. It's not applicable to games already on promo.

Endless Space - Emperor Special Edition (steam key) is ~$5 on Nuuvem.

I think that's the cheapest price for the game so far.

Is this site legit? Seems like it may be a key reseller, but I can't really tell because it's not in English...

Edit: It's in Russian currency, so definitely not cool.

didamangi

What's the Console tab for?

It's probably a mockup, it's not there on my steam.

Is this site legit? Seems like it may be a key reseller, but I can't really tell because it's not in English...

It's a brazilian store actually, the prices are in brazillian reals.

I think they're a legit reseller like GMG, at least no one seems to put them in the cd key reseller category in the deal site that I visit (like CAG, Reddit etc)

Its from Brazil and from what I can tell is legit, at least it shows up on several "deals" websites as a regular option. Albeit they are only registered to sell to people in the South American region.

Hence you may have issues activating certain keys.

For what it is worth I just activated my endless space key from them. Based on the free weekend, I am now downloading something I know for certain I will never, ever play.

JustinBB7

The Steam beta finally fixed my loading problem for launching Steam. It would just stop responding and I had to crash it and restart it. Then it would take at least 2/3 minutes to launch.

But with the latest beta update they fixed something about screenshot checking when launching steam or something. And seeing as I have 2223 screenshots that's most likely why it had trouble launching.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh wow. Mine always declined at 10% or so... After Brotherhood I stopped trying.

I usually do all side missions/property related things and those account for most of the percentage post main campaign. Now if there were Steam achievements, I would be rolling hard on completing this stuff.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It took me exactly one hour but I revealed "all" of the three maps. Surprisingly, Ubi was rather generous with the amount you can leave unexplored.

MNC

So, Steam update today.

- Reduced CPU usage.
- Increased UI interaction speed.

REJOICE

I hope it actually works, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom