• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillansan

I finished Binary Domain a couple days ago. I bought it based on the praise that it had gotten on GAF. I was not disappointed to say the least, it was an amazing ride.

I played it on the Survivor difficulty, which basically turns the enemies into bullet sponges, but the impact the guns provided made up for the prolonged battles.

I know there is a slim chance of it, but if any of you are up for some Invasion mode, please add me on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nissanthen/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yep. They've all been cheaper

Painkiller's only reached the ~$10 mark, so if you're itching for it and something that's been $5 or so in the past (e.g. Hotline Miami or Borderlands GoTY) the deal is decent.

Edit: Lucius not being a Steam key is a little odd as it was a Steam game in an indie bundle just the other week.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I finished Binary Domain a couple days ago. I bought it based on the praise that it had gotten on GAF. I was not disappointed to say the least, it was an amazing ride.

I played it on the Survivor difficulty, which basically turns the enemies into bullet sponges, but the impact the guns provided made up for the prolonged battles.

I know there is a slim chance of it, but if any of you are up for some Invasion mode, please add me on Steam.

I added you, because I really want somebody to play horde-like game modes for any game, which I never managed to do.

With that in mind, I'm from Brazil, so we will never be able to play together, be it a time zone thing or a "our pings sucks ass" thing.

Nillansan

I added you, because I really want somebody to play horde-like game modes for any game, which I never managed to do.

With that in mind, I'm from Brazil, so we will never be able to play together, be it a time zone thing or a "our pings sucks ass" thing.

Let us just give it a spin, we could work something out during weekends maybe?

I'd like to play it with you, added. :)

FloatOn

I finished it last night, really enjoyed it as well. I managed to find a game of invasion.

I'm in the EST and I'm usually down to play between the hours of 3pm and 6pm.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/realityexists

Nillansan

Are there any Metroid style games on Steam?

Cave Story+, maybe? I think it counts as a MetroidVania. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'd like to play it with you, added. :)

Neato!

I finished it last night, really enjoyed it as well. I managed to find a game of invasion.

I'm in the EST and I'm usually down to play between the hours of 3pm and 6pm.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/realityexists

Cool, sounds like we could get a full game going.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why do I have Auditorium now? I didn't buy it...

And the community hub stuff is in Spanish.

It's believed that Auditorium was accidentally gifted to current owners of Rage as its app id is 205870 while that of the Rage toolkit is 205860 (i.e. somebody hit the wrong key).

1-D_FTW

Capsized isn't Metroidvania. It's easy to mistakenly think so, but even a 5 minute romp with the demo will let you know it has nothing to do with those mechanics. Plus, it just plain kind of sucks.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
It's believed that Auditorium was accidentally gifted to current owners of Rage as its app id is 205870 while that of the Rage toolkit is 205860 (i.e. somebody hit the wrong key).

Oh, that explains that then, I thought I had gone mad and bought the game without even having any concious thought into it at all.

Wok

Groupees Be Mine Anniversary is live.

$1 Tier
Eschalon Book II
iBomber Defense Pacific
Livalink
Party of Sin

$5 Tier
Men of War: Assault Squad
Two Worlds 2
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
Planets Under Attack
Party of Sin Soundtrack
Two Worlds 2 Soundtrack

First bonus game: Major Mayhem

The groupees bundles are the best after the HIBs. There really know their stuff when they select indie games, there are always two titles among the lot which I am ready to pay for. On the contrary, Indie Royales, Indie Galas and other indie bundles have recently fallen flat.

FloatOn

Capsized isn't Metroidvania. It's easy to mistakenly think so, but even a 5 minute romp with the demo will let you know it has nothing to do with those mechanics. Plus, it just plain kind of sucks.

I haven't played it, so I probably should have kept my mouth shut on that one.

HoosTrax

Wow...

engie_tux_english.png

Putting TF2 on overnight download on my Ubuntu box.

nexen

I've heard Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet described as Metroidvania. I haven't played it yet. Any thoughts?

I dug it, but it gets repetitive.

My Metroidvania section in Steam has:

Cave Story+
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Aquaria
A.R.E.S.

I can only really recommend ITSP, and even then only because its cheap. Cave Story+ looks like it is quality, but it isn't my thing.

Nabs

It's too bad Treasure Adventure Game isn't on Steam. It would have been top dog in the Metroid-like fight.

Unwritten Tales for 5? Yeah, mine.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I would hope that playing it last week would count for the hat already.

I guess I'll have to play it again. Oh well, good thing I didn't wipe the 500gig hard drive I used for it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if there will be a trailer for TF2, there is an entire page on the website for Linux that isn't up yet. Seems like it would be a bit excessive just to show off Tux.

Watch Valve make them not tradable.

I didn't expect this so soon considering there still seems to be a lot of reports of really buggy things in the linux version of the client. Don't know if those are isolated cases all put together on that board makes it look like there are more than there are, or if they've reached some percent that they're fine with moving on with it, or what.

Wok

Fuck it's starting isn't it? And after 2 weeks I still don't have it running properly on my machine.

Steam runs like crap and I can't even start tf2. I don't know where to start on fixing it either.

And I still cannot connect to the Internet with Linux. Damned.

I will try to find an Ethernet cable tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom