• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reward 3
Everything Above, Plus:
Resident Evil 6 DLC Season Pass

The Resident Evil 6 DLC Season Pass gives free access to all 4 of the upcoming multiplayer DLC modes including: - Survivor - Predator - Onslaught - Siege

I thought the PC version comes with all DLC

oipic

Indie Gala
Non BTA
  • Subversion City Generator Prototype (DRM Free)
  • Voxel Destruction Prototype (DRM Free)
  • 7.62mm (DRM Free)
  • Talisman Prologue (Desura) (DRM Free)
  • Darwinia (Steam)

BTA
  • Multiwinia (Steam)
  • Defcon (Steam)
  • Uplink (Steam)
  • Hearts of Iron III (Steam)
  • Demigod (Steam)

The only thing that interests me here (of those that I don't have) is Demigod - have been gazing longingly at it for a long time, for some reason, maybe it's the prospect of a single-player MOBA (to avoid the inevitable online flaming due to being utterly incompetent). Anyway, the word on the street seems to be that it's largely crap, right?

wife is going downtown for girls night. I had planned to play video games all night with some friends.

fuck.
PLAN B OF STANDARD HUMAN PROTOCOL:

Stab yourself with the naughty pr0n your wife is not into and sleep like a baby. And that's my community service of the day.

Shouldn't we getting Dragon's Dogma instead of RE6? Think is more in line with the PC style and seems like the most interesting game. What is Capsule Computers thinking these days?
Emma Stone?

JaseC's girl is way cooler!
Actually the gal in your avatar is the hottest out of the 3, not DOA level thought but i'll do.

Nabs

That sniper elite zombie game is up for pre-order. It's normally 15 bucks, but it's 12 if you pre-order. There's also a 4-pack for 4-player co-op. It comes out to 36 bucks or 9 bucks a piece.

header.jpg

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Why are all of my Ys games updating...
You may have figured this out already, but just in case. Some videos were reencoded with better settings and some achievements were reworked. Notably:
- If you complete the game on a certain difficulty, you'll unlock the achievements for all lower difficulties. (If you've already completed the game on a certain difficulty, the lower-difficulty achievements should unlock the next time you open the game.)
- The achievement that required you to spend 20 hours on a single OiF playthrough has been reduced to 10 hours.

dot

Reward 3
Everything Above, Plus:

The Resident Evil 6 DLC Season Pass gives free access to all 4 of the upcoming multiplayer DLC modes including: - Survivor - Predator - Onslaught - Siege

I thought the PC version comes with all DLC

No, just the free patch updates the console versions got. Meaning the new camera tweak and Agent Hunt mode already unlocked and stuff. I wonder if the season pass will include other DLC in the future? Hmm...

HoosTrax

You may have figured this out already, but just in case. Some videos were reencoded with better settings and some achievements were reworked. Notably:
- If you complete the game on a certain difficulty, you'll unlock the achievements for all lower difficulties. (If you've already completed the game on a certain difficulty, the lower-difficulty achievements should unlock the next time you open the game.)
- The achievement that required you to spend 20 hours on a single OiF playthrough has been reduced to 10 hours.
Ah that's good to hear. And makes sense considering that's how the majority of those types of achievements work in the various games that have them.

I see Resident Evil 6 up for pre-order... unfortunately some GAf'er posted a very NSFW rendition of the game's logo a while back involving a well endowed giraffe and now I can't unsee it :|

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I just bought a 7850 and registered for the Bioshock Infinite + Tomb Raider codes only to get an e-mail saying "We'll send the codes out when they're available!" Thanks Obama. >:|

Anyone done this before and know if the codes will be sent out before the games are released? I was really hoping to sell them for $30 or so to defray the cost of the card before everyone finds out both games are "$5 on Steam sale" fodder

DTKT

I just bought a 7850 and registered for the Bioshock Infinite + Tomb Raider codes only to get an e-mail saying "We'll send the codes out when they're available!" Thanks Obama. >:|

Anyone done this before and know if the codes will be sent out before the games are released? I was really hoping to sell them for $30 or so to defray the cost of the card before everyone finds out both games are "$5 on Steam sale" fodder

You might have to wait for the game to come out or a few days before. There probably aren't any activation keys for titles are aren't released.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I love 4 and I thought I loved 5 until a recent co-op run where I realized that the entire last third of 5 is a steaming pile of shit so unejoyable to me that it pretty much ruins the whole game.

This was after pumping 50 hours and 3 playthroughs into it lol.

I'm still hyped to play RE6 in co-op for the right price though (thank you based FOV patch).

Xavin

Neo Member
Free weekend/midweek trial?

Not that i can see on the store page. First i thought they gave it away if you owned another of their games but i checked some peoples game list who said they just randomly got it and they didn't have any other games from that developer.

Maybe its a random giveaway or something.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Not that i can see on the store page. First i thought they gave it away if you owned another of their games but i checked some peoples game list who said they just randomly got it and they didn't have any other games from that developer.

Maybe its a random giveaway or something.
I just looked and yes, I got it. And it doesn't say "expires in X days" or anything similar.

There's a thread going on in the Community discussions for that game, where many people are saying it randomly popped up in their libraries too. If I'm not mistaked the devs gave the game away for free last christmas, the non-DRM version. Maybe they're giving away the Steam version now?

Xavin

Neo Member
I just looked and yes, I got it. And it doesn't say "expires in X days" or anything similar.

There's a thread going on in the Community discussions for that game, where many people are saying it randomly popped up in their libraries too. If I'm not mistaked the devs gave the game away for free last christmas, the non-DRM version. Maybe they're giving away the Steam version now?

Someone in that post said that it's a gift for celebrating the Rage toolkit, so everyone who owns Rage got it which make sense since only one person on my friendlist got the game and happens to own Rage.

Edit. Someone else thinks its an error beacuse the app ID are similarThe RAGE tool kit 205860, while Auditorium has 205870.

I think its an error too, seems to random to get that game just because a toolkit got released.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Someone in that post said that it's a gift for celebrating the Rage toolkit, so everyone who owns Rage got it which make sense since only one person on my friendlist got the game and happens to own Rage.

Edit. Someone else thinks its an error beacuse the app ID are similarThe RAGE tool kit 205860, while Auditorium has 205870.

I think its an error too, seems to random to get that game just because a toolkit got released.
Yeah, I don't really see the relation between both games. But whatever, it's another game I'll never play, so come get some!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I should have known that Brutal Legend's release date wouldn't be known by now. "Later today" in Valve Time and all that.

I don't know, ask JaseC.

I still love you man, shame you'll never get a complete Steam collection

<3

Indie Gala
Non BTA
  • 7.62mm (DRM Free)
  • Darwinia (Steam)

BTA
  • Multiwinia (Steam)
  • Defcon (Steam)
  • Uplink (Steam)
  • Demigod (Steam)

Bought for Demigod, I suppose. Hopefully the later games aren't a bust.

So Resident Evil 6 is up to pre-purchase.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/221040/

What's this?
Pre-Purchase Rewards??
Rewards Unlock As More People Pre-Purchase!

Oh Capcom.

Thank god there are no hats, and even if there were I'd still have to think twice about pre-ordering.

Emma Stone?

JaseC's girl is way cooler!

This guy gets it.

Jawmuncher

So I thought this was pretty cool

RE6 is offering Prepurchase rewards for how many preorders they get.
This is the first i've seen this on steam (Though I bet someone will tell me another game has done this as well)

Anyway here the list
(Haven't even made reward 1 yet)
Reward 1

Resident Evil 6 Digital Soundtrack and Artbook

The official Resident Evil 6 Digital Soundtrack and Resident Evil 6 Artworks: Creature Design.

Reward 2

Everything Above, Plus:

Free Copy of Resident Evil 5

Already own it on Steam? Gift it to a friend.

Reward 3

Everything Above, Plus:

Kind of confused about the last one thought the MP modes were going to be free anyway on PC. Guess not.

So I thought this was pretty cool

RE6 is offering Prepurchase rewards for how many preorders they get.
This is the first i've seen this on steam (Though I bet someone will tell me another game has done this as well)

Yeah been done a few times. Tomb Raider is another current one.

It does make preordering a little risky. I'll wait till the end, if it looks pretty safe that I wont get RE5 I might jump in.

Blizzard

Banned
Not including the release date was clever on Brutal Legend, since it kind of made me jump on the (soundtrack edition) preorder today in case I missed the TF2 hat or release date or something and it stealth released. :p

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I don't really understand the desire for the Tomb Raider tier rewards in particular, since one is a game already available and the other two will most likely be released as DLC shortly after.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
RE6 is more expensive down here in Brazil (U$~45.80 after conversion) than in the US (U$39.99).

I think that's a first since the Brazillian Store opened up (my screenshot uses the Brazilian Reais price as basis because, well, I live in Brazil):

eTSIJHC.png

Edit: Game is cheaper in the UK. Nice.

Edit2: I hate that this extension converts every price to my local currency, but it still compares everything to the US price. If it's smart enough to detect my local currency, it should be smart enough to use that as the main price and compare everything to that.

The only thing that interests me here (of those that I don't have) is Demigod - have been gazing longingly at it for a long time, for some reason, maybe it's the prospect of a single-player MOBA (to avoid the inevitable online flaming due to being utterly incompetent). Anyway, the word on the street seems to be that it's largely crap, right?

Same here, not sure I'm willing to risk $5.75 though. Maybe I'll wait until they reveal the other BTA Steam unlock.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Same here, not sure I'm willing to risk $5.75 though. Maybe I'll wait until they reveal the other BTA Steam unlock.

That's how I feel on every Indie Gala that comes up. They're mostly crap/repeated games I don't care and one game I have some sort of interest in, but always behind a 6 dollar paywall.

Sober

Indie Gala
Non BTA
  • 7.62mm (DRM Free)
  • Darwinia (Steam)

BTA
  • Multiwinia (Steam)
  • Defcon (Steam)
  • Uplink (Steam)
  • Demigod (Steam)
So is the Subversion City Generator worth the money? Kind of a damn shame they had to cancel that game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There really are too many indie bundles: We're two-and-a-half months into 2013 and already I have ~40 spare (Steam) keys.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
So is the Subversion City Generator worth the money? Kind of a damn shame they had to cancel that game.

If punching in different numbers to see different generated cites gets you riled up, by all means go forth.
But yeah, sad they had to kill it.

MutFox

Banned
For RE6, how many preorders are needed for the tier 3 reward?
Can they just change the number at anytime since it's not listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom